FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Armored Core: Verdict Day (PS3/360)

Armored Core: Verdict Day is in development at From Software, the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals. The PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 sequel will launch in Japan on September 26 for 6,800 yen.

New features include a reformed, Armored Core V-based match-making system with added components, and the ability to import your Armored Core V save data.

During territory conflicts, players will be able to choose which side they belong to. The outcome of the battle could lead to a change in the world’s balance.

The mag also has a screenshot of a Beehive with the following line: “This emblem is proof that this world does not have peace.”

A special edition of the game will include an Armored Core mecha figure, art book, and soundtrack CD set.
    http://gematsu.com/2013/02/armored-c...r-ps3-xbox-360
    http://taletalesource.blog69.fc2.com...ntry-3057.html

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/...61576693-x.jpg
    Spoiler: show
    Namco Bandai today announced that it will be bringing Armored Core: Verdict Day to PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft to North America this summer and to Europe this fall. The world has been thrown into chaos. Important natural resources needed for the survival of competing factions are scavenged and fought across the world with deadly Armored Core mechs. A strong trigger finger, innovative customization and strategic teamwork will be all that stand between survival and complete annihilation.

Renowned Japanese game developer FromSoftware returns to its hardcore mech action franchise with Armored Core: Verdict Day. Command a squadron of advanced Armored Core mechs in a dystopian future ravaged by war and stripped of natural resources. Players will form squads of up to 20 members and enlist into one of the various in-game factions to wrestle control of territories away from other players in the game’s persistent multiplayer mode. New gameplay features will be implemented into Armored Core: Verdict Day to ensure that players who choose to play alone will be able to recruit a squad of A.I. controlled mechs and enjoy the robust feature sets of co-op and multiplayer modes, while new matchmaking system ensures that players will always find battles at a moment’s notice.

Operator Mode returns to Armored Core: Verdict Day with new upgrades, allowing players to tactically command a full squad of Armored Core mechs from a tactical top-down point-of-view. Operators will be able to set rally points, mark targets and receive real-time in-cockpit views from other players and computer-controlled squad mates to achieve real-time strategic command of the battlefield.

Armored Core: Verdict Day will allow fans of Armored Core V to carry over their save data to experience brand new content with their customized Armored Core from the previous title. Players will be able to further customize their Armored Core mechs with hundreds of parts ranging from guns, armor pieces, shields and boosters. The new robust customization options will help players synchronize their mech loadouts with teammates to deliver maximum destruction on the battlefield.

“The Armored Core series has continually found itself a deep and dedicated fanbase,” said Carlson Choi, Vice President of Marketing for Namco Bandai Games “AArmored Core: Verdict Day expands the level of immersion with more advanced customization fine tuning and streamlined multiplayer modes.”

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Not even worth looking at unless the speed of all ACs in general is upped, lightweight ACs become viable again, better Overweapons (chainsaw is just terrible), something resembling an actual storyline (or at least making the multiplayer better than awful), moving away from Scan Mode, and many other changes (like timely updates).

It might be time for them to just go back to what worked with 4A, and improve what didn't work; it was a much better game frankly, despite being twitchy/fast. AC5 took the anti-flight, anti-speed game way too far; the single-player was subpar, and the multiplayer community dying off quickly because of the issues the system had (and weapon imbalances) was no help either. I doubt many would say the same about 4, and more so 4A.

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

I didn't go in depth, but I was really disappointed with 5 after playing 4.

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

My biggest complaint with V was that my friends and I unlocked all the parts after two days of playing. And there weren't even that many parts.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

We've been over this. The PS3's paltry RAM cannot handle the game they want to make. The framerate is pathetic, the speed is sluggish, and the game should be released on PC to actually be allowed to work at its full potential.

I played and loved 4A, have and can't really stand V, and will be avoiding this one like the plague, simply because I KNOW they can't make a product that the PS3 can handle without it being a giant step back from 4A.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

They really need to slow the game back down a bit and impose some sort of penalty on overboosting, like every one of them having a set number of charges before they completely blow out your boosters. ACV was awkward and unbalanced, and overboosting around with dual shotties pretty much dominated. They destroyed all semblance of a mid game, and all but one, maybe two of the maps were terrible for long range and sniping.

It may just be "played the old games, don't like the new direction" talking, but I'm not really digging where they've been taking the franchise.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    We've been over this. The PS3's paltry RAM cannot handle the game they want to make. The framerate is pathetic, the speed is sluggish, and the game should be released on PC to actually be allowed to work at its full potential.

I played and loved 4A, have and can't really stand V, and will be avoiding this one like the plague, simply because I KNOW they can't make a product that the PS3 can handle without it being a giant step back from 4A.
    What does the PS3's RAM have to do with the core game sucking? Shit needs to go back to the way the PS2 games played.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    What does the PS3's RAM have to do with the core game sucking? Shit needs to go back to the way the PS2 games played.
    Because fucks these days love the multiplayer, so we'rr stuck with shitty gameplay.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Because the ram is what's holding back the amount of shit that can display on screen without the game turning into a slow, liquid drip. Plus the lack of ram fucks everything up when it comes time to go online, and since ACV was essentially completely focused online... you should be able to see the problem here.

I just want a PC version of 4A with some tweaks to allow the big boys to shine, like increased FCS or better "leaning" capabilities, to strafe shots into fast fliers. Personally, I loved being able to dart around like a fucking dragonfly while peppering someone with a chaingun or LRMs, and if you knew your shit, you could do the same thing all the way back to the original AC, including staying in the air pretty much indefinitely.

I'm sick of potentially good games hampered by inferior console specs. Have we even seen what one of these engines can accomplish when not chained to the limitations of 8-year-old console hardware?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Rokku View Post
    They really need to slow the game back down a bit and impose some sort of penalty on overboosting, like every one of them having a set number of charges before they completely blow out your boosters. ACV was awkward and unbalanced, and overboosting around with dual shotties pretty much dominated. They destroyed all semblance of a mid game, and all but one, maybe two of the maps were terrible for long range and sniping.

It may just be "played the old games, don't like the new direction" talking, but I'm not really digging where they've been taking the franchise.
    Overboosting did have a penalty in the 4 series: it eroded your Primal Armor. There were a good number of times (when I wasn't using a lightweight laserblade build myself, swimming at the opponent) where QBing to the side/doing a near 180 turn let me pound the fucker in the back with railgun slugs; between the OB activation costs and the PA attrition, you were potentially in trouble if you couldn't evade well enough or got ganged up on. Railguns were pretty solid weapons in 4A frankly; I don't think there were any other weapons outside of the best two sniper rifles with the shot velocity, accuracy, PA penetration, and damage of railguns. I remember chain guns being pretty good at eroding PA as well.

I've been playing the AC series since 1 myself, and I actually found 4 (nevermind 4A) being so speedy compared to previous entries to be rather refreshing; plus NEXTs being so powerful compared to Normals/standard ACs helped.. it felt like an "evolution" I guess. I think the first time I built a permaflight AC (that I didn't hate) was in Silent Line, and it kinda felt great from what I remember; 4 and 4A were basicly in that vein I guess.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    you should be able to see the problem here.
    Yeah, the game would still be a piece of shit even if it was on a PC.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Yeah, the game would still be a piece of shit even if it was on a PC.
    What a thoughtful and eloquent opinion. Thank you.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Any time.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

I didn't like ACV either. Played it for an hour or so then went back to Tetris Splash. I don't get why games are continually released so close to next gen launch instead of being launch titles that will sell more consoles. Anyhow, I will probably sit this one out. Or at least not day one buy like ACV.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

It always looks so good. But like everyone said, unless there is some balancing then the NA crowd won't like it. The landspeed and power of those quadrapeds still seemed pretty excessive lol

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Y u no PS4 Launch Title. AC2 was one of the first ps2 games I played, the first of the series as well. I do believe it was a launch title for the ps2.

Anyway, fuck all these games coming out on old gen consoles.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Not touching this one. Nowhere near the RAM needed to make the game run outside of a crawl. Too many interesting ideas get scrapped because the systems can't handle the vision.

I'll wait for PS4.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries