1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 9 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 50 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -4 hours, -51 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 13 hours, 50 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satu Rhean
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

The OF are the worst. Yoshi could implement a feature that cures cancer and they would bitch that cancer was their favorite part of any MMORPG "Like if you agree."

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Reve View Post
    The OF are the worst. Yoshi could implement a feature that cures cancer and they would bitch that cancer was their favorite part of any MMORPG "Like if you agree."
    And people wonder why gaming in general is in a really bad place. Every gaming community has it's vocal "minority" spouting shit everywhere. Yoshi needs to listen to people with valid points and not people being stupid as fuck. That's all I ask for in XIV.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

So far that appears to be what he is doing. I just cross my fingers every time I see a new letter posted that he is staying that course.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

What he should do, remove the english section, don't allow any people from the NA post.

For bugs they get, they use some sort of multi menu option tool to "select" what their issue is
    Graphic issue -> area -> npc > target NPC to report

For suggestions, they should just use multiple choice like their surveys, and depending on the choices go from there. Watching pages of people complaining about grass, or jumping should cost stamina, or other troll threads is a waste of time >.>

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

and people say that FFXI not having a place for the community to express themselves was a bad thing.
    granted baransutakana wasn't much better himself, it wouldn't have (and hasn't really) changed anything

i think Yoshi is quite discerning where it comes to forum posts.. or maybe his community reps are doing a good job at filtering stuff out, in any language.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon View Post
    And people wonder why gaming in general is in a really bad place. Every gaming community has it's vocal "minority" spouting shit everywhere. Yoshi needs to listen to people with valid points and not people being stupid as fuck. That's all I ask for in XIV.
    Most people on the OF aren't thinking about the game and what it needs to be even marginally successful. They're just thinking about themselves and their own selfish desires to make FFXIV just like FFXI or perhaps even worse.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I don't even have to say it anymore... SE's "biggest fans" do my job for me over and over again.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

That's just the horrible side effect of turning already massively popular console-based IP into a community-affected MMORPG.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

That's something that's been troubling me lately. Is Final Fantasy even something which can be considered popular these days? XIII only enjoyed mediocre success and if you consider XII to be the last one to enjoy wide acclaim, then it's been 6-7 years. Does the 'Final Fantasy' brand still command that much respect, particularly after the initial failure of XIV? Has the series gained or even retained fans these past few years?

Clever and witty, all together the ladies love the Nekura
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I think it's still a title that people look to for an amazing example of visuals and maybe to see what crazy new gameplay systems they come up with, but I'm not sure it commands the respect that it used to, no. I actually laughed a bit during the PS4 conference when the Square-Enix guy announced that they were preparing to develop a new FF game... and that was it.

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Stromgarde View Post
    That's something that's been troubling me lately. Is Final Fantasy even something which can be considered popular these days? XIII only enjoyed mediocre success and if you consider XII to be the last one to enjoy wide acclaim, then it's been 6-7 years. Does the 'Final Fantasy' brand still command that much respect, particularly after the initial failure of XIV? Has the series gained or even retained fans these past few years?
    I would say the brand is at its weakest point, I grew up around very fanatic Squaresoft fans, every title was a day 1 purchase up until post FF7, they all checked out, stopped buying/playing FF all together. I was the only one out of around 10 people that continued on in my friends circle. These same friends still love RPG's, they still play RPG's, they just don't like SE or FF anymore. The writing got extremely bad over the years, FF13 is probably the worst written game and the most poorly told story I have ever seen by a triple A gaming company. Diablo 3 is second, poorly written, awful story telling but I knew that with Chris Metzen writing the story.

We could debate stories from each game all day. Tactics was the best told story, it had the most complex story and very well written characters. The game had beautiful music, it is the "Game of Thrones" of Final Fantasy, the game kept you guessing until the very end. The biggest knock on Tactics was it just got way too unbalanced late game.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Despite how weak or strong the brand is at this point compared to other points in time doesn't affect the fact that Final Fantasy a very well-known that a massive amount of people have some familiarity with and spans a huge demographic age range (read: range of stupidity) compared to something like Guild Wars or T.E.R.A. and, thus, generates a rather wide spectrum of different expectations and nostalgia due to their non-sequel nature. Being a predominantly console-based franchise also concretes this with a player-base that is much less attentive/privy to actual game development than those that require high-end PCs to run.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trine Traverse
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Stromgarde View Post
    That's something that's been troubling me lately. Is Final Fantasy even something which can be considered popular these days? XIII only enjoyed mediocre success
    What?

FFXIII was a huge success, it sold faster than any other FF in its first week, and it's like 3rd in total sales. Just because people on the internet bitched about it doesn't make it less of a success.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

In terms of sales, you're right. Combining Xbox360 and PS3 sales, it even bested XII. Recouping development costs? The answer to that question is not quite so favorable.

Edit: The critical reception was the more problematic thing. While you say it's 'just people on the internet bitching', I never got more than 5 hours into it despite buying it at launch and I expect many more did the same.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Trocian View Post
    What?

FFXIII was a huge success, it sold faster than any other FF in its first week, and it's like 3rd in total sales. Just because people on the internet bitched about it doesn't make it less of a success.
    Commercial success, yes. I, like others, purchased the game.

Critical success, no. I, like others, did not finish the game, did not particularly like it as a collective whole.

Its actually quite different from the "critically and commercially popular yet one group hates it because its popular" crowd, like the Black Ops franchise. The game is quite literally a step backwards, in terms of excellence-to-era, than previous titles.

Road Tinnies
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Is there a video with english subs yet?

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I wouldn't expect the official one until Monday. I could have sworn I saw a fansubtitled version earlier, but now that I go to look for it, it's nowhere to be found.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Re: OF needs mode moderation

This game is rather unique in that any sort of moderation of the OF (at this stage) will immediately be spun as "They already failed once and they are censoring any critical posts in their official forum now... nothing has changed." I think Yoshi's best move in this case is to stay the course: let the OF continue to be a useless cesspool. This has the advantage of being the most media-proof solution; doing nothing is a non-story, while "SE censoring critical posts on their beta feedback forum" is a juicy Kotaku morsel.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

The problem with the OFs is you need an active FFXIV account to post in them, so anyone who can post is someone who was happy with FFXIV the way it was in V1, with all its flaws. Those aren't the audience SE needs to be listening to for ARR to be a success. Of course they're all legacy, so all in beta too. SE needs to ensure they send a healthy amount of beta invites to people who quit within the first 3 months, and people who never played at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordender View Post
    The writing got extremely bad over the years, FF13 is probably the worst written game and the most poorly told story I have ever seen by a triple A gaming company.
    That's weird, I thought the story was its strongest point and one of the best in a long time. But it's all opinions at the end of the day.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Game is looking better and better, really looking forward to this. Too bad I didn't get into beta, though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast