Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Scorpio's 6 teraflops was required to deliver a “console-like experience to VR," No current plans for 1st-Party VR games
    http://www.wired.com/2016/06/xbox-vr...-phil-spencer/

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I decided to watch the MS conference now(Easy Allies stream) as iI was too busy with RL and only had time for Sony.

I was laughing at how uneven and badly it's done.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Can't really tell if you're making fun of Easy Allies or Microsoft, but if it's Microsoft, the Sony thread is just below this one. Really don't need and cross-thread platform flaming bullshit in either of them.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Spoiler: show

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Reggie's face, lol.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

July Games With Gold:
    XB1: The Banner Saga 2 and Tumblestone
    360: Rainbow Six Vegas 2 and Tron Evolution

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Red Dead Redemption gets backwards compatibility on July 8th. http://www.rockstargames.com/newswir...ddead-07052016

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Red Dead Redemption gets backwards compatibility on July 8th. http://www.rockstargames.com/newswir...ddead-07052016
    And the website that must not be mentioned is reporting that sales of RDR since this announcement has grown 6000%. Not a typo. Six thousand percent.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Probably part of why they must not be mentioned. They're fucking wrong more often than they're right.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The general consensus seems to be that RDR is much improved on the XB1, sticking a constant 30 fps.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Xbox One S coming August 2nd
    Last month, we revealed a new member of the Xbox One family, the Xbox One S. Today, we’re excited to announce that the highly-anticipated 2TB Xbox One S launch edition will begin hitting shelves in select regions on August 2. That means that all pre-orders will arrive on August 2 and, for those of you that haven’t yet, you can still pre-order a 2TB Xbox One S launch edition through microsoftstore.com and select retailers. Availability is limited and demand is high so you’ll want to check with your local retailer for more information and pre-order your console soon.

Xbox One S is the most compact Xbox yet, 40 percent smaller than the original Xbox One, and includes a built-in power supply. We also shifted one of the three USB ports and the pairing button to the front of the Xbox One S alongside the newly added IR blaster for increased accessibility.

Beyond the fresh new design, Xbox One S is the first and only console that allows you to watch Blu-ray movies and stream video in stunning 4K Ultra HD with High Dynamic Range (HDR). That means you’ll get to enjoy your favorite shows and movies in the clearest, most realistic video possible. With HDR support for video and gaming, Xbox One games like Gears of War 4, Forza Horizon 3, and Scalebound will look even better thanks to a higher contrast ratio between lights and darks, bringing out the true visual depth of your favorite games.

Xbox One S also comes bundled with the new Xbox Wireless Controller featuring textured grip, improved Xbox Wireless signal and added Bluetooth support. The controller can be purchased as a standalone item for $59.99 USD and will also be available on August 2. All Xbox One games, accessories and Xbox Live services will work with Xbox One S.

The 2TB launch edition Xbox One S will be available in limited quantities for $399 USD on August 2 in the following regions: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, UK and United States. Xbox One S will also be hitting store shelves for additional markets later this year.

For those of you looking for additional Xbox One S hard drive options, we will also be offering the console with 1TB and 500GB hard drives for $349 USD and $299 USD, respectively, so you can choose the right console for you. More details on the specific availability dates of these two options will be shared soon.

With the biggest blockbuster lineup of games in Xbox history coming to Xbox One and Windows 10 this year, platform updates to help you stay connected with friends on Xbox Live with even more games across your favorite devices and more hardware options available, 2016 and beyond is looking to be an incredible time to be an Xbox gamer.
    http://news.xbox.com/2016/07/18/xbox-one-s-august-2/

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

August Games With Gold--
    XB1: Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate: WWE2k16
    360: Spelunky; Beyond Good & Evil HD

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Xbox...Teardown/65572

XBONE S has a Master Chief easter egg inside, takes some work to get to.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Blue Dragon coming for backwards compatibility.

Hopefully Lost Odyssey is soon.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Fuck.

Lost Odyssey might get me to buy a X1. If they add Tales of Vesperia that would do it even more.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Phil Spencer had said previously that Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey were on his personal shortlist, and he gets harassed pretty often on social media about Vesperia

Infinity undiscovery ;;

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I picked up a Xbone S yesterday. I own a 4k TV that does HDR. I've been holding off on getting a UHD Blu Ray player for this reason.

I know the general consensus on Gamestop and their trade in values. They had a "deal" going if you trade in your Xbone 500gb you get $150. Whatever. Ebay isn't much more. Then after fees and shipping, probably getting the same. (for that size Xbone anyway) So I got $150 for that. Then that same deal, they'd give you $100 for a Wii U. That's not a whole lot, but I've got my mileage out of that system. It's also dead, and I can't be fucked to sell it on the internet. I had a fuck ton of extra accessories + games for it. The games since they're mostly all first party, rarely go down in price, so I was getting $35 for most of them. I had 6? games I think. I ended up walking out of the store with a Xbone S 2TB, resub to game informer (one of the last gaming mags left, I enjoy it) and $20 in store credit additional, because store credit voids sales tax.

I'm happy with my decision. Holy fuck do 4k HDR movies look incredible. Especially those (few) that are filmed and transferred as 4k. Jesus.

Also; praying to the based Lost Odyssey gods. I kept that game in case it ever got BC.