E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by notorious bum View Post
    No game is worth $85+, ever.
    I believe I paid $90 for Chrono Trigger, so I disagree.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Other than FFXI expansions, I don't think I've ever paid for DLC.

Maybe once for MGS: Online.
    BL2 was worth it, imo. I bought the season pass for Battlefield 3 as well as some of the earlier CoD map packs. Other than that, (and ffxi) I cant think of any I really have either.

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    ...ever play an mmo for over 6 months?
    At that point, I'd look into gameplay time. $70+ for something you'll beat in 15 hours or less? No thanks. $70 bucks for something that, in 6 months, you probably dumped hundreds of hours into? Looking more like a fair exchange.

Another Islam Thread
    BG Level

if the 360 is named after the sum of the 4 right angles formed inside of a square, why do some people call the next xbox '720'? makes more sense to bump it up to the sum of all the right angles inside of a cube, so like 'Xbox 2160'. actually wait... 2160 forms the unicode character 'roman numeral one' or 'I'... so they could call it 'Xbox I'. or just 'Xbox'. holy shit, its all going full circle. JUST LIKE A 360 DEGREE TURN

Anti-crusade crusader
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Skidz View Post
    if the 360 is named after the sum of the 4 right angles formed inside of a square, why do some people call the next xbox '720'? makes more sense to bump it up to the sum of all the right angles inside of a cube, so like 'Xbox 2160'. actually wait... 2160 forms the unicode character 'roman numeral one' or 'I'... so they could call it 'Xbox I'. or just 'Xbox'. holy shit, its all going full circle. JUST LIKE A 360 DEGREE TURN
    It was named to make it feel like Xbox was all around you. In a 360 degree circle with you as the focal point.

Unless I'm being wooshed.

Another Islam Thread
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aristio View Post
    It was named to make it feel like Xbox was all around you. In a 360 degree circle with you as the focal point.

Unless I'm being wooshed.
    that makes sense, too. i read a post on the xbox subreddit a while back about how it was for the four 90 degree angles in a sqaure/box. i was thinking about that last night and was trying to figure out what the next xbox could be called and thought i cracked some divinci code type shit.

Anti-crusade crusader
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Skidz View Post
    that makes sense, too. i read a post on the xbox subreddit a while back about how it was for the four 90 degree angles in a sqaure/box. i was thinking about that last night and was trying to figure out what the next xbox could be called and thought i cracked some divinci code type shit.
    I don't know why people would think Microsoft named a console after a square.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It makes perfect sense to me. Xbox.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I don't know why they named it 360, but I do know why they didn't name it xbox 2. Sounds inferior when going up against PS...3.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

That's exactly why they named it 360, in stupid consumers eyes, ps3 MUST he better than xbox 2.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seanr View Post
    That's exactly why they named it 360, in stupid consumers eyes, ps3 MUST he better than xbox 2.
    that reasoning is more hilarious given that one of the rumored names for the new one is Xbox Infinity

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Seanr View Post
    Well I meant more idk why they settled on 360 after deciding to not do 2.

Oh the humanity!

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

nah

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Dont see how that blocks used games though. Always on connections dont necessarily mean drm either, looking at ps4 as an example.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Dont see how that blocks used games though. Always on connections dont necessarily mean drm either, looking at ps4 as an example.
    The implications should be obvious. There's no way they'd be like, hey, this one BluRay can install this game on any Nextbox however many times without any sort of CD key or authentication, and then run completely off the HD. They might as well just be giving the games away at that point.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

the assumption/implication is that there would be serial keys or some other form of one time activation

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

PS4 doesn't have an always on restriction.

And I'm assuming the applied logic is that you'll need a one time key or something to start the install process. Because the opposite (just letting anyone install a game as many times as they want on as many consoles) is something a developer would never do (except for CD Project Red).

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 214 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast