+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    BG's Official Canucks Fan
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Only the first Predator movie is any good (tho Predators is at least passable), whereas the first two RoboCop movies are good.
    You're crazy Predators 2 is a great late 80s action flick released in the 90s

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Saw it yesterday w the gang, we liked it. If you liked Prometheus you will like this, maybe.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by DFJS View Post
    While it was better than Prometheus it still wasn't that good.
    Spoiler: show
    What happened to the 2nd ultramorph? I know captain billy killed the one in the temple but I don't remember what seeing the other one. Also did it seem like the xenomorphs burst way faster then in the original movies? And I know the answer to this one is probably "its a movie" but how the fuck did David swap clothes with Walter so damn fast and have time to chop is arm off in time to make it back to the ship before it took off ?
    The other one died when the entire ship exploded. I think? Drank since then...

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Saw it today. Was entertained for the most part. Thinking too hard about any of it makes it seem dumb. The ending was kinda obvious and unsatisfying.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Not sure what I would do without RLM in my life.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Naw, the first Neomorph escaped the ship but the crew killed it in the wheat field.

Going back to the theory of Shaw being the first Alien Queen, it wasn't that far. Technically, she's the mother of the Xenomorphs (and David the 'father,' or creator if you wish). What a fucked up way to go.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I hated Prometheus.

Will I hate this too?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's better then Prometheus, but the overall feel of the movie is very similar. If you straight up hated Prometheus I'd say no.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    It's better then Prometheus, but the overall feel of the movie is very similar. If you straight up hated Prometheus I'd say no.
    I straight up hated it. Bitches can't even run left or right.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    I hated Prometheus.

Will I hate this too?
    Its better but yes.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Hated Prometheus. This was... it was meh.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    I straight up hated it. Bitches can't even run left or right.
    It's slapstick levels of idiocy at points. By points I mean every single action throughout it's entirety barring the one time a character kills something that should have been killed. AG actually lost it for a sec when the guy proudly proclaims with wheat in hand that he KNOWS WHEAT. Ridley scott wasn't always a hack but he has certainly become one now. All the alien-verse has going for it anymore is Giger's designs.

edit: What little character development existed was only promo material that wasn't in the movie btw, you will not give a shit about anyone in this. This also includes the scenes of shaw/david interacting prior to the moments in the movie.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

The stupidity and annoyance of said stupidity wasn't as bad as Prometheus in my eyes but it was still pretty annoying. Like
    I get they found a habitable planet but there's ZERO fucking protocol for wearing safe suits...?
    I liked the alien parts I guess. I dono. My friends liked it but they also have never seen the originals so there's that

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Really thats your glaring example of idiocy?
    Not,
    basically dragging someone infected with space ebola coughing blood all over you onto the ship? Following the insane android who just tried to turn the murderer of your crewmate into some sort of puppy-esque pet into his dank dungeon of strange alien eggs alone? Character stupidity par for the course now but scenes are so haphazardly thrown in that it's hilarious, the movie became a straight up slasher just for the duration of the shower scene for what felt like an excuse to add it to the trailer.

But yes, they are fucking idiots for no helmets and are punished so quickly for it that it makes one wonder if we are automatically expected to believe that stupid decisions are necessary for plot progression.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

I feel like a minority here, but I enjoyed Prometheus. It wasn't on the level of the first two Alien films, but it was enjoyable on it's own. I was looking forward to seeing where the plot with the engineers and Dr Shaw went...

....And they went and shit on all of that. David just exterminates the engineers and retcons that plot. Then they just spend the rest of the film setting up some Xenomorph action for the end, and we have to endure the stupidity of the Covenant's crew.

I would've liked to see serious Danny McBride and James Franco interact. Could've killed off a lesser known actor from the crew (to establish the crew too paranoid to return to cryo sleep plot point) and let those two interact. It would've made the first half of the film less painful. Fassbender obviously saved this movie, and while I wouldn't mind seeing David experiment more and establish his Xenomorph empire, I think it's time to put this series to rest.

Echoing what Jay from RLM said about these prequels. Part of the charm of the first Alien film was the unknown in space. But, typical Hollywood doing it's thing and revisiting old franchises for nostalgia dollars. The movie wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. Doubt I'll watch this a second time.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Thank goodness for wikipedia, feel like I saw this movie for free. What a terrible ending lol.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    What a terrible ending lol.
    It really deflated the audience in the theater. And kinda just washed away any enjoyment I might've had from the rest of the movie.

BG Level

and it was so painfully telegraphed. felt like one of Shyamalan's weaker tweests

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah lol everyone knew it was coming from the time he cut his hair.

Which is why I was pleased when for a minute it looked like it hadn't happen.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    and it was so painfully telegraphed. felt like one of Shyamalan's weaker tweests
    I felt the same way. It was way too obvious, and I was really hoping that wasn't going to be the case at all, because not having the obvious twist be the case would be the better twist.
    He had time to kill the newer version of his own model, change clothes, cut off his hand, and change his hair (which he was shown doing earlier in a time-consuming fashion) to exactly match Walter's, all in the time that the two surviving humans were running full speed away from the area. Oh, and he had to swallow extra embryos and other pathogen related items. And the whole "Android gone evil" with direct orders plot really doesn't work well for me, either.
    Unrelated: The ending sequence with the chase through the Covenant didn't work well for me either. They knew exactly where it was, and could trap it between bulkhead doors while they came up with a better plan than the needlessly complicated and destructive one they had. Maybe I missed the explanation in the confusion, but it seemed like a bad excuse for one last action sequence. The sequence right before that with the lander's takeoff was also needlessly complicated.

Up until the "twist" reveal, I was OK with the movie, although I didn't think it was a particularly fine piece of cinema. The ending lost me, though.

I was initially bummed that Ridley Scott wasn't doing Blade Runner 2049. Now, I find myself relieved.