+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

The only reason I know what Ozymandias is is because of all that weird shit people were finding about that poem hidden away in Perfect Dark.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Re-watched 3 and Resurrection yesterday. 3 wasn't as bad as I had remembered. Definitely not as bad as some other sequels from movies (Mad Max 3 comes to mind). Resurrection was good, but there was some writing where you just sit back and say to yourself this makes zero sense. Like how the Aliens escape in the first place. They thought of all of the precautions to take such as unbreakable glass, the Ridley stuff, etc but they didn't account for the flooring the Aliens were housed in could easily be burned through from their blood? Other small things were there as well but I enjoyed it for what it was. May watch Prometheus tonight. Still need to play Alien: Isolation.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Idk, the aliens slaughtering the runt in order to use his blood to escape is pretty ingenious. How could they know the aliens were aware of their acid blood?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

True. I think in the Alien universe as a whole there is a lot of things that as viewers we can question but for the writers at the time it made sense.

Fun fact Alien Resurrection was written by Joss Whedon...

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

If you're going to watch Alien 3, watch the Assembly Cut instead. David Fincher gave it his blessings, but did not want anything to do w/ the movie (there's no director's cut). He absolutely fucking hates 3.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jefe View Post
    If you're going to watch Alien 3, watch the Assembly Cut instead. David Fincher gave it his blessings, but did not want anything to do w/ the movie (there's no director's cut). He absolutely fucking hates 3.
    That is the one I watched I believe. It was labeled "Special Edition" but a quick google search says it's the same.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

No critic reviews yet but apparently initial reactions from the British premiere are really good

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Reviews are going out now

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Correct viewing order.

Alien
    Aliens
    Prometheus

Everything else is just a figment of our imaginations.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    Correct viewing order.

Alien
    Aliens
    Prometheus

Everything else is just a figment of our imaginations.
    I want to disagree for the sake of disagreement, yet I am incapable.
    Spoiler: show
    Wait, I can! Correct viewing order should be:
    Alien
    Aliens
    Disregard all else.
    Comics still allowed though cuz lots of em are dope.

What about AvP?
    SHUT UP I LOVE AvP and want them to be GREAT!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    What about AvP?
    SHUT UP I LOVE AvP and want them to be GREAT!
    Best to treat them as separate I think. I kind of liked them too. I mean it wasn't great but decent and made good chunk of change and they were fun B movies. I'm more mad with how they at the end of 2 they setup for more and even kind of setup for the pre pre alien and then haven't done shit since

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So in case any of you were having trouble staying awake here's some nightmare fuel

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

Saw this tonight, it's pretty terrible. The action was ok at best, there was a comical amount of people slipping on blood to make things go wrong and I doubt the twist ending fooled even a single person in the theater. You'll like this if you're an Aliens superfan or have ever dreamed of seeing Michael Fassbender
    recite poetry or kiss himself

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Intrinsic View Post
    Saw this tonight, it's pretty terrible. The action was ok at best, there was a comical amount of people slipping on blood to make things go wrong and I doubt the twist ending fooled even a single person in the theater. You'll like this if you're an Aliens superfan or have ever dreamed of seeing Michael Fassbender
    recite poetry or kiss himself
    Are you not a fan of multiple people in the same scene slipping on blood as they are murdered like some sort of morbid banana peel sketch? Also david surviving unbeknownst to sleeping crew is the spoiler u are commenting on? My only question is, does it ever explain who's world they are on, is it actually the engineers or another planet with engineer developed beings like humans, because in all the screenshots I saw they looked like engineers, but shitty offbrand ones.

Also I hope you are ready for where this leads as ridley wants to turn the alien universe into a galactic all encompassing battle involving the engineers vs some unknown race. inb4 he makes originals non-canon and david brings back xenomorphs to earth and we get world war earth alien comics on film.

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    Are you not a fan of multiple people in the same scene slipping on blood as they are murdered like some sort of morbid banana peel sketch? Also david surviving unbeknownst to sleeping crew is the spoiler u are commenting on? My only question is, does it ever explain who's world they are on, is it actually the engineers or another planet with engineer developed beings like humans, because in all the screenshots I saw they looked like engineers, but shitty offbrand ones.

Also I hope you are ready for where this leads as ridley wants to turn the alien universe into a galactic all encompassing battle involving the engineers vs some unknown race. inb4 he makes originals non-canon and david brings back xenomorphs to earth and we get world war earth alien comics on film.
    That wasn't what I had spoilered, I just put a couple things relating to Fassbender characters. As to your world question:

I don't believe they specifically say who the inhabitants of that world are, although they show a bunch of them dying in a flashback clip near the end. It is possible that they said exactly who those people were, not gonna lie, I was pretty checked out by that point.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    I want to disagree for the sake of disagreement, yet I am incapable.
    Wait, I can! Correct viewing order should be:
    Alien
    Aliens
    Disregard all else.
    Comics still allowed though cuz lots of em are dope.
    3 is unquestionably less terrible than the others and is at times almost watchable.

People shit on 3 so much just because it wasn't an action movie and they killed off Newt and Hicks.

It was a good movie (the directors cut in particular).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast