+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

at this point in their careers i have way more faith in dennis villeneuve putting together a good coherent film than ridley

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Fhloston View Post
    I feel like a minority here, but I enjoyed Prometheus. It wasn't on the level of the first two Alien films, but it was enjoyable on it's own. I was looking forward to seeing where the plot with the engineers and Dr Shaw went...

Spoiler: show
    ....And they went and shit on all of that. David just exterminates the engineers and retcons that plot. Then they just spend the rest of the film setting up some Xenomorph action for the end, and we have to endure the stupidity of the Covenant's crew.

I would've liked to see serious Danny McBride and James Franco interact. Could've killed off a lesser known actor from the crew (to establish the crew too paranoid to return to cryo sleep plot point) and let those two interact. It would've made the first half of the film less painful. Fassbender obviously saved this movie, and while I wouldn't mind seeing David experiment more and establish his Xenomorph empire, I think it's time to put this series to rest.

Echoing what Jay from RLM said about these prequels. Part of the charm of the first Alien film was the unknown in space. But, typical Hollywood doing it's thing and revisiting old franchises for nostalgia dollars. The movie wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. Doubt I'll watch this a second time.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    I was mad about that too. I was excited with the epilogue trailer they put up but then it was just like. Oh. David fucking killed her. I also liked how apparently androids can flirt with the ships AI and get access to anywhere they want. Great security system. The David/Walter scenes were cringey as fuck too.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Regarding the ending "twist"

I also thought they were taking the ship's AI down for a few so people wouldn't question it when the David reveal came. But then the AI was back up in the next scene and she never once mentioned to the crew that David is there, not Walter. Wat

2600klub
    i herd u liek to fite
    NO NAME

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Regarding the ending "twist"

I also thought they were taking the ship's AI down for a few so people wouldn't question it when the David reveal came. But then the AI was back up in the next scene and she never once mentioned to the crew that David is there, not Walter. Wat
    Didn't David change his voice and know Walter's pass-code to "trick" Mother?

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

You'd think the AI wouldn't be so easily deceived as that He's an older model and there should be signs of that to a computer.

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/a...h-shaw-problem

Anyway thought that was an interesting read about the mess of a story these movies have.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    I was mad about that too. I was excited with the epilogue trailer they put up but then it was just like. Oh. David fucking killed her. I also liked how apparently androids can flirt with the ships AI and get access to anywhere they want. Great security system. The David/Walter scenes were cringey as fuck too.
    Mother was rebooted per David's recommendation, so when he got up there he haxed his way into the frame. This is more evident when Mother gets back online and detects only the Xenomorph as an 'external/unregistered life form.' The scenes between David and Walter were '2deep4u' kinda deal for most, but imo they were the best part of the movie. Last, Scott (it was more the studio, actually) ditched the whole Engineers backstory due to the massive backlash from the mouthbreathers who hated Prometheus. Shaw's fate was horrible but she's the mother of the Xenomorphs.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Androids don't have lungs, you need air to be able to play a flute, immersion ruined. 0/10

BG Level

just got back from this. solid shit tier movie. nobody in it can count past potato. it's a gorgeous piece of shit.