FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Justice League Dark (HBOM)

One of my most anticipated superhero movies has become the DC comic film that Guilermo del Toro is developing called Dark Universe, which is inspired by Justice League Dark. In a recent interview with Total Film he talked about the story arc, and how he'd love to use the origin stories of the characters. When asked about the project, here's what he said...

It's going really, really well. It's like meeting old friends. I grew up with Demon Etrigan, with Swamp Thing, with Deadman, so these are characters that are near and dear to my heart. I'd love to use the origins that are proper to each character. I love the idea of Jason Blood as a paladin and a knight...I love the entire Constantine mythology, the Dead Man mythology, the Alec Holland Swamp Thing mythology. These are really rich things to well, and to dig.
    It will be interesting to see how he handles the origins of all these characters in one movie, but I'm sure he has a plan to pull it off. Each one of these characters could have their own great movie, but it will be really cool to see them team up. As for where the project currently stands the director says,

I am going to be presenting my storyline to DC and Warners of where I want to take this universe. We do have a writer, but until that is firmed up, I have to keep it a secret. I hope it happens.
    Justice League Dark is a team of supernatural heroes within the DC Universe, brought together by Madame Xanadu and led by sorcerer John Constantine. It is an ongoing DC Comics series, first announced as part of the company's universe wide overhaul, and was written by Peter Milligan with art by Mikel Janin. The title launched on September 28, 2011. From issue nine, writer Jeff Lemire became the principal writer on the series.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2013/2/26...ague-dark.html
    http://www.totalfilm.com/news/exclus...gue-dark-movie

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I liked when Milligan was writing this series, but it has taken a bit of a downturn under Lemeire. I could see it as a good lower budget movie. Cast unknowns and spend the money on special effects. Definitely wont draw like a Superman or Batman movie.

That being said, I would be surprised if it actually happens.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

As long as Keannu returns as John Constantine, I'll be happy.

The current run of the comic been pretty good, I'd like something aimed at the more mature audience

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
    I liked when Milligan was writing this series, but it has taken a bit of a downturn under Lemeire. I could see it as a good lower budget movie. Cast unknowns and spend the money on special effects. Definitely wont draw like a Superman or Batman movie.

That being said, I would be surprised if it actually happens.
    LEMIRE DOES NO WRONG!
    Seriously, he's great. My only complaint with him with DC shit goes... is that it gets too comic booky and silly sometimes.. (rotworld).
    But he writes a great Constantine and Frank... Green Lantern Frank was the best part of rotworld.

Anyway... this movie if it comes true, which I doubt will happen because DC always seems to shoot themself in the foot... will be awesome cause of Guilermo Del Toro

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Still happening, DC/WB developing something for entire DC Universe
    Director Guillermo del Toro is still in the process of developing his DC film, Justice League Dark. In a recent interview with Cinefilos, the director gives a brief update on the project, and then says that Warner Bros. is currently making plans for the entire DC universe! Here's the quote,

We're still on [Justice League Dark], writing, and hopefully it will happen but there are no developments that are new. We're still at Warner Bros., they are making plans for the entire DC universe. All the superheroes, all the mythologies, and part of that is Justice League Dark. They're planning on TV, movies, and all the media, so we have to fit into that plan.
    It's looking like the upcoming Batman Vs. Superman film will be the first to start adding new characters into the cinematic universe that Zack Snyder created for Man of Steel.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/guillermo...re-dc-universe
    http://www.cinefilos.it/festival-2/f...gue-dark-81055

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

GDT is a busy man, I hope his HBO Monster deal still goes

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

GDT has a little more to say on the project
    Right now the only sort of shared universe project I’m working on is Dark Universe for Warners, you know, for DC, which is Swamp Thing, Demon, Deadman, Zatanna. It’s a very different universe. As to the plans to the other one, I wish I had an inside track right now.
    http://collider.com/guillermo-del-to...n-2-interview/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Rumor: Team line-up will be John Constantine, Zatanna, Boston Brand/Deadman and Jason Blood
    https://twitter.com/elmayimbe/status/559423698076454913 (Latino Review)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Rumor: JLD is now a priority, Possible plot, Filming to begin in 2016
    While the film’s plot has generally been kept under lock and key, we’re hearing that it involves a series of ancient tomes stolen by a madman hellbent on the destruction of humanity. When he learns of this, occult detective John Constantine seeks out a group of heroes that specialize in the mystic and arcane in order to save the world.
    http://www.tracking-board.com/exclus...shoot-in-2016/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Doug Liman (Edge of Tomorrow) to Direct
    Yeah, I mean first of all, I love those characters, and I love Warner Bros., and I love [producer] Scott Rudin, and it’s -- and you know, I get asked to come in and do things that are “unconventional.” If people want conventional, they don’t come to me. It’s why doing Invisible was like right up my alley -- because how can you be conventional when there aren’t even conventions that exist? And so you know when Warner Bros. wants to sort of turn the comic book genre on its head, they call me.
    https://www.comicbookmovie.com/justi...c-book-a146354

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries