FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

In the Field: The Coalitions of Adoulin

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...56/detail.html

With a simple decree from Ygnas S. Adoulin reinstating the long-abandoned pioneering initiative, Adoulin's social structure and economy changed in a heartbeat, with various organizations known as "coalitions" sprouting up to support the effort.

As such, the coalitions are not as steeped in history as other areas of the nation, but their work has a profound effect on the daily lives of Adoulinians of every stripe and class.

Let us take this opportunity to catch a glimpse of the coalitions through the eyes of one of Adoulin's own.

"Let's proceed to the next question. Three years have passed since the coalitions were established. How do you think everyday life has changed since that time?"

I had my dapper black coat wrapped around my lanky frame, going from person to person throughout the city in search of from-the-streets stories of ordinary Adoulinians.

One woman I asked, Ruth, is the woman in charge of assisting new pioneers at Jorius Yett, the gateway to Adoulin.

"Well, in my personal experience, those from the Middle Lands registering as pioneers have increased in number of late, making Adoulin more well-known to the outside world. This was one of the goals Ygnas laid out for us when we commenced the project, so I can only be pleased with the fruits of our labor.

Six coalitions exist in the Sacred City of Adoulin, with functions ranging from pioneer registration and support to preservation of the peace and transport of important cargo. Each coalition is a government-sponsored organization that contributes to the livelihoods of the citizenry, and together they form an integral part of what Adoulin is today.

Maesters—the leaders of each coalition—are also the heads of six of city's Twelve Orders, with the Adoulin's six ministers comprising the other half of the body politic.

"What do you think about the services performed by each coalition?"

This time I turned my eye to Alienor, a stoic man in charge of managing Adoulin's many waypoints.

"Given the role I play, I am greatly indebted to the Inventors' Coalition, though at times I think their infernal tinkering with...their creative prowess causes more consternation than is healthy."... <cough> their creative prowess causes more consternation than is healthy."

Alienor was cut off, however, by a flamboyant man who came running up, huffing and puffing all the way.

"Well, just look at you, cutie! Well, maybe not cutie, but you're a good six out of ten. You really should be asking me, the lovely Phileem, the centerpiece of Adoulin's bouquet!"

I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

"At the burnent, I'm not really interested in what the Mummers' Coalition has..."

"Oh, sweetie, have I got some gossip for you! We just came up with a new game of chance and skill! And even better, we've got an up-and-coming Tarutaru duo that'll just knock your subligar...err, socks...right off! Everyone loves the Mummers' Coalition, and we've got even bigger and better things in store! Come visit us for all your entertainment nee—hey! Why did you stop writing? Isn't your job to tell the public everything they need to know!?

I shooed him away before my ears fell off, this time my attention caught by a shrill voice from the nearby alley.

"Carrots, lettuce, cabbage and beets, all fresh and rrreasonably priced!"

An enchanting Mithra, clad in naught but a bikini, stood straight up at her stall. No doubt she was selling vegetables grown in Rala Waterways.

Turning to the old woman next to the Mithra, I teased,"Hey, An, still got your shelves fully stocked, I see."

"Oh hush, you fool!"

"An" was my pet name for Ansegusele, a pristine-looking Elvaan woman whose outdoor vegetable stall has been in operation for thirty-five years running. Each day, the Couriers' Coalition hauls newly grown vegetables up from the waterways, selling them wholesale to vendors throughout the city for the consumption of the general populace.

"I spend each day in thanks to the spry young lads and ladies from the coalition. If it were not for them, I would have great difficulty in making an honest living."

"Safe, careful, and expedient delivery—the hallmarks of the Couriers' Coalition. Yet the Couriers are not the only ones with a presence down in the waterways. The Peacekeepers' Coalition, too, has an outpost down there, keeping those in the Arboretum safe from the threats that lurk within."

Ah yes, the Peacekeepers. It is thanks to their herculean efforts that Adoulin remains protected from the outside and governed by the rule of law. They can be recognized by their blue attire—blue being the official color of Adoulin—and many visitors comment on the intricate patterns inscribed on their armor. The white and orange stripes sweeping down their arms and legs are a characteristic design.

Another quality of the Peacekeepers' Coalition is its unfailing pursuit of perfection. Though all Adoulin benefits from the solace they provide, they can sometimes be a bit too oppressive...but perhaps I have said too much.

Having completed my round of interviews, I returned home to turn my quill toward producing a fabulous report.

But before that, I would like to discuss a bit about my own brethren—the Scouts' Coalition, which is in charge of gathering and recording intelligence.

As the old saying goes, knowledge is power.

After all, even a simple sentence can topple nations or bring forth untold riches. Such as...

Oh ho, you didn't really think I would give away my secrets so easily, I hope? Margret, maester of our coalition, would certainly have my hide—and what's more, there's work here to be done.

After all, this report is intended for those in Jeuno to learn more of our wonderful nation. Adoulin can only profit from an influx of visitors if we leave a little mystery for them to solve once they get here. What's the fun in knowing everything beforehand?

And I don't just mean colonization itself. No, each of the coalitions has their own role to play in assuring the prosperity of Adoulin as well as the safety and security of all pioneers making the journey here.

I can only hope this letter will serve to beckon those who may heed our clarion call.

Wegellion, Scouts' Coalition

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

lol surprisingly adult

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Alienor was cut off, however, by a flamboyant man who came running up, huffing and puffing all the way.

"Well, just look at you, cutie! Well, maybe not cutie, but you're a good six out of ten. You really should be asking me, the lovely Phileem, the centerpiece of Adoulin's bouquet!"

I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

"At the burnent, I'm not really interested in what the Mummers' Coalition has..."

"Oh, sweetie, have I got some gossip for you! We just came up with a new game of chance and skill! And even better, we've got an up-and-coming Tarutaru duo that'll just knock your subligar...err, socks...right off! Everyone loves the Mummers' Coalition, and we've got even bigger and better things in store! Come visit us for all your entertainment nee—hey! Why did you stop writing? Isn't your job to tell the public everything they need to know!?

I shooed him away before my ears fell off, this time my attention caught by a shrill voice from the nearby alley.
    http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...66/Mayakov.png without the lisp?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Very interesting read!!! It has me interested in the Peacekeeper and Scout coalitions. It also made me wonder what town will be added with Adoulin? Kinda like how Aht Urhgan has Nashmau.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

i personally dont think there are any other towns at all.

unless Arciela is a town

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Very nice read, i'm still surprised that there's gonna be an entertainment coalition in there though, should be very interesting to see what kind of minigames/performances that coalition can create. Inbefore FFXI Opera in this bitch.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Another derogatory gay stereotype. Yeesh.

How are they going to make these coalitions worthwhile? I hope they are not just a regurgitation of the stupid Ops from WotG.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

We dont speak about Campaign Ops.

Im still holding out hope this colonization thing is some active Campaign style PVE where daily activities matter rather than Conquest tally nonsense.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Is the author specifically identified as male or female? If not, then it is hard to say what that Murmer is into lol

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

An enchanting Mithra, clad in naught but a bikini, stood straight up at her stall.
    I like Adoulin already.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

So SE continues to add gay characters (although in a terribly stereotypical way that's borderline (quite) offensive) and still doesn't allow for two dudes or two chicks to get in-game married?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    So SE continues to add gay characters (although in a terribly stereotypical way that's borderline (quite) offensive) and still doesn't allow for two dudes or two chicks to get in-game married?
    They're trying? I'm sure they get it right at some point.. maybe... at least it's not gay character + gay monster and innuendos of tentacle... "fun"

i am offended

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Start a thread on the OF and see what the SE response is.

I actually look forward to seeing what kind of robotic response you get.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Same sex in-game marriage? What's next, people will want to marry their Moogles.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I like the return of the tribune-style lore leaflets. I hope they don't stop again after Adoulin launches

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Same sex in-game marriage? What's next, people will want to marry their Moogles.
    Marriage is between a man and his immortal eternally-13 year old former demigod/adventuring companion.

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    people gun' want to marry hounds and coeurls, three people can get married if they want, people marrying tarutarus the horror

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    I like the return of the tribune-style lore leaflets. I hope they don't stop again after Adoulin launches
    Don't worry, they will.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

That's Japan. Get over it.