BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 10 of 307 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I released a new version of aoeBgone. It has quite a few features. Check it out!

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Anyone have this happen to them?

Spoiler: show

Has happened twice so far, first time in dyna my main turned into a shadow like that and immediatly crashed. Then on my mule today and took about a min to crash. Never happened with 3.4

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I released a new version of aoeBgone. It has quite a few features. Check it out!
    Byrth (and actually anyone writing addons), is it possible to append a separate file (something like xml include) to your script that would contain the configuration options for that script? Currently when you update script to new version, people 'install' it by overwriting the whole file and lose any modifications to the options they might have made. Sure, one can reedit the updated thing to their liking again, but sometimes you forget what options you've set before etc.
    It would work like this:
    load main LUA script->script checks if there's an include file->imports settings from include
    -> if include does not contain some settings introduced in the new version, default settings embedded in the main LUA script are used for those instead.
    This would be aimed at people less proficient in scripting.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by JetEnduro View Post
    Anyone have this happen to them?

Has happened twice so far, first time in dyna my main turned into a shadow like that and immediatly crashed. Then on my mule today and took about a min to crash. Never happened with 3.4
    Looks like an issue with texturing. Are you playing on laptop by any chance? One of the ways for this to happen is if your graphic card runs out of memory and newly loaded texture isn't implemented on the mob model. Or might be a windower bug.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Zirael View Post
    Looks like an issue with texturing. Are you playing on laptop by any chance? One of the ways for this to happen is if your graphic card runs out of memory and newly loaded texture isn't implemented on the mob model. Or might be a windower bug.
    Nah I'm playing on pc. GPU is AMD 7970.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

aoebgone spams console with ...aoebgone.lua:144: bad argument #2 to 'char' (value out of range)
    Seems to be working well other than that. And its an awesome addon, thanks for working on it.

Also having a weird issue with foggy mobs sometimes, think it may happen only in some of the zones with some particular weather though, not sure.
    Moving close gradually "defogs" them, trying different options with DrawDistance didnt help.
    images.bluegartr.com / bucket / gallery / 61f31566609bacf5c24ecd5c5d6a0123.jpg
    Cant post links

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Elpy View Post
    aoebgone spams console with ...aoebgone.lua:144: bad argument #2 to 'char' (value out of range)
    Seems to be working well other than that. And its an awesome addon, thanks for working on it.

Also having a weird issue with foggy mobs sometimes, think it may happen only in some of the zones with some particular weather though, not sure.
    Moving close gradually "defogs" them, trying different options with DrawDistance didnt help.
    images.bluegartr.com / bucket / gallery / 61f31566609bacf5c24ecd5c5d6a0123.jpg
    Cant post links
    this error might be connected with what I'm experiencing. Buffs being shown inconsistently, i.e SCH: Accession->regen5 - this shows up as should in chatlog when done for the first time, but if you repeat it, there is subsequently no message "xxx and yyy gain regen". Also, manually cancelling regen buff doesn't bring up message in chatlog that the buff has worn off.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Okay, 144 makes much more sense and I have defeated the scholar problem once in the past. I will see what I can do when I get home. Preliminarily you could put %255 after the second argument of the char function call on line 144.

Future directions include consolidating crits down to a single line and handling the "no effect" message. Thanks for the help guys.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ninita Nita
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Gnomeregan

updated all my addons to include version information. These include btimers, cblock, stna and wtbox.
    You can find them here: https://github.com/nitrous24/Lua/tree/master/addons

github tip:
    Remember not to just right click -> save target as on the file names in github. It will download an html page. Click the file name and there will be a raw button in the upper right hand corner of the code box. You may right click and save target as on that box

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Zirael View Post
    Byrth (and actually anyone writing addons), is it possible to append a separate file (something like xml include) to your script that would contain the configuration options for that script? Currently when you update script to new version, people 'install' it by overwriting the whole file and lose any modifications to the options they might have made. Sure, one can reedit the updated thing to their liking again, but sometimes you forget what options you've set before etc.
    It would work like this:
    load main LUA script->script checks if there's an include file->imports settings from include
    -> if include does not contain some settings introduced in the new version, default settings embedded in the main LUA script are used for those instead.
    This would be aimed at people less proficient in scripting.
    I just wrote and uploaded a simple config parser. Addon writers can start using it as soon as they figure out how to include it. It's not overly complicated, especially for addon developers. It uses a JSON superset syntax, although regular JSON also works. The only difference is, it allows for comments (starting with //) and omission of quoting characters (' and "). Here's my logger config file for reference:
    Code:
    logger: {
    	logtofile: false,	// Set to true to output logging to a file
    	defaultfile: lua.log,	// Default file to log to, if logging to file
    	logcolor: 160,		// Regular logging color
    	errorcolor: 167,	// Error logging color
    	warningcolor: 207,	// Warning logging color
    	noticecolor: 121	// Notice logging color
    }
    For example, an aoeBgone config file could look like this:
    Code:
    aoeBgone: {
    	commamode: true,	// Stops using "and" in favor of commas
    	oxford: false,		// Starts using the Oxford comma
    	targetnumber: false,	// Displays the number of targets hit
    	colorful: true,		// Colors people's names to make it easier to identify who missed buffs
    	cancelmulti: false	// Does something similar to the Silence plugin, but works on all types of non-communication chat
    }
    It could be loaded and used like this:

Code:
    require 'tablehelper'
    require 'jsonreader'

_config_load = jsonreader.read('config.json') or T{}
    _config = (_config or T{aoeBgone=T{}}):merge(_config_load)
    local config = _config.aoeBgone

config.commamode = config.commamode or true	-- This sets the default value of commamode to true
    config.oxford = config.oxford or false		-- This sets the default value of oxford to false
    [..]

-- Later in the file

if config.commamode then
    	-- Append commata
    else
    	-- Don't
    end
    The beginning looks complicated (and indeed, I think I'll make a library that facilitates it), but it can be copy/pasted almost exactly. Only thing to change is the name from aoeBgone to whatever your addon is called.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Okay, uploaded a new version of aoeBgone.

It addresses the following problems:
    1) The Line 144 error - Did a lot of spamming and never saw this after reloading with the %255, also everything was the right color. - This was caused by the high bits in the color parameter, which don't actually code color. Including them was resulting in much higher numbers than normal (which char can't handle), but modulusing by 255 cuts them off without changing the color.
    2) The Scholar error - Turns out this wasn't an error with the code, per se, but was just what I call "slow spells." Some spells animate on individuals in sequence rather than all at once. Protect and Shell are the most common examples, and it turns out Regen/Spikes spells/Klimaform are other examples.

Additionally:
    * I reduced the "slow spell" delay down to 4 seconds and increased the fast spell delay to 1.2 seconds based on testing done near the guide stone in PJ with 6 characters. - If this needs to be adjusted further (some messages aren't getting included) please let me know.
    * I changed the defaults so that the colorful and oxford comma modes are on.

For the future:
    * Make an option that will consolidate Critical Hits down to a single line. This will potentially mess up parsers so I will need it to default to off. - Now that I think about it, cancelmulti will probably already cancel consecutive text lines that do the same damage.
    * Include Arcon's option parser so that I can have a settings file.
    * Address "no effect" messages
    * Address Circle messages? - This would be a big processing speed hit because they're so varied, I think?
    * Test it with Summoner buffs

Here is the link to the directory: https://github.com/Windower/Lua/tree/master/addons
    Remember to actually download the file (don't just right click and save, because you'll get HTML even if it ends in .lua).

All my cookies if you figure this out:

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Random suggestion: Would it be possible to turn off certain features of Windower itself, more specifically in my case, it editing my background resolution, I prefer it being set to exactly double my main resolution, and Windower 4 won't stop changing it. If this can't be shut off, how about adding double resolution options?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

It addresses the following problems:
    1) The Line 144 error - Did a lot of spamming and never saw this after reloading with the %255, also everything was the right color. - This was caused by the high bits in the color parameter, which don't actually code color. Including them was resulting in much higher numbers than normal (which char can't handle), but modulusing by 255 cuts them off without changing the color.
    2) The Scholar error - Turns out this wasn't an error with the code, per se, but was just what I call "slow spells." Some spells animate on individuals in sequence rather than all at once. Protect and Shell are the most common examples, and it turns out Regen/Spikes spells/Klimaform are other examples.

Additionally:
    * I reduced the "slow spell" delay down to 4 seconds and increased the fast spell delay to 1.2 seconds based on testing done near the guide stone in PJ with 6 characters. - If this needs to be adjusted further (some messages aren't getting included) please let me know.
    * I changed the defaults so that the colorful and oxford comma modes are on.

For the future:
    * Make an option that will consolidate Critical Hits down to a single line. This will potentially mess up parsers so I will need it to default to off. - Now that I think about it, cancelmulti will probably already cancel consecutive text lines that do the same damage.
    * Include Arcon's option parser so that I can have a settings file.
    * Address "no effect" messages
    * Address Circle messages? - This would be a big processing speed hit because they're so varied, I think?
    * Test it with Summoner buffs

Here is the link to the directory: https://github.com/Windower/Lua/tree/master/addons
    Remember to actually download the file (don't just right click and save, because you'll get HTML even if it ends in .lua).

All my cookies if you figure this out:
    Any way to turn off " cancelmulti" but keep the AoE stuff, really annoying when paying stuff of AH/NPCs

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by sccontryman View Post
    Random suggestion: Would it be possible to turn off certain features of Windower itself, more specifically in my case, it editing my background resolution, I prefer it being set to exactly double my main resolution, and Windower 4 won't stop changing it. If this can't be shut off, how about adding double resolution options?
    That option is already there. In the profile options, set supersampling to on. That will set your background resolution to twice the overlay resolution.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gun-it View Post
    Any way to turn off " cancelmulti" but keep the AoE stuff, really annoying when paying stuff of AH/NPCs
    Yeah, do "//aoe cancelmulti" and it'll toggle it. If you edit the text file, you can change the default up top.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    That option is already there. In the profile options, set supersampling to on. That will set your background resolution to twice the overlay resolution.
    Thank you very much.

Requiescat in pace.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Aureus View Post
    Windower 4.0 is based on the current 3.4 code base. What this means to you is that all of the plugins you currently use will work fine as-is, no needing to learn new systems.
    This makes it sound to me like 3.4 plugins work in 4.0, should probably clarify that if it isnt the case.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Here is the link to the directory:
    Thanks for these addons, really like em so far. But I'm having an issue where chatlines are merged into one when using AoE WS, at least with Aeolian Edge (because of somewhat consistent damage?). Also loot is merged if the same item drops, i experienced this a lot in Salvage v1 just now.

Another problem was this, not sure if its aoeBgone related though.

Have to insert the dots. My account got wiped a while ago i guess, so i can't post links yet. :S

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yinx View Post
    Thanks for these addons, really like em so far. But I'm having an issue where chatlines are merged into one when using AoE WS, at least with Aeolian Edge (because of somewhat consistent damage?). Also loot is merged if the same item drops, i experienced this a lot in Salvage v1 just now.

images bluegartr com/bucket/gallery/04d297dde1c259ed9bdc9f8abaca268c.png
    Have to insert the dots. My account got wiped a while ago i guess, so i can't post links yet. :S
    And since i cant edit posts yet, another 2 errors occured. For one, after a while the coloring goes haywire, the other one froze the game and shortly after crashed pol.exe . I could make out something like lua error incoming text from console.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ninita Nita
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Gnomeregan

Quote Originally Posted by Yinx View Post

because i didn't wanna copy/paste

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 307 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast