Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 12 of 307 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Esvedium View Post
    Being in the same boat as far as salvage goes, I can't wait to try that out! :D

{edit} You say that it erases and re-adds the salvage ll profile every time, so editing it won't make you pass ones you don't want... Does it delete everything in that ll profile, like if I already have it set to pass 15/25/35 gear I already have, will that be nuked when I go in, or would I have to load a different ll profile after I have cells done? Is there a way to use this and keep the gear pass/lot profile I have setup already?{/edit}
    Okay. That can be done. How I've got it set up at the minute is that it'll read another text file, set up as salvage-add.txt on my end at the minute.

It'll then pass these into salvage-<playername>.txt, then add the custom passing/lotting stuff.

I have to test it and stuff before rolling it out, but it should work fine.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

http://imgur.com/FWPNbC7
    Spoiler: show

This is coming along. It now uses custom chat logs and the works. I'm probably going to have to merge it with aoeBgone so that they can operate on the same messages as aoeBgone and further condense 2+ line buff/debuff messages. The downside of doing text manipulation is that it's order dependent, so having two plugins that both operate on the same text leads to problems.

Anyway, it loads from a settings file and I haven't been able to break it yet, but I'm sure someone will find a way:

What other features do people want?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Aureus View Post
    That said, there is a (relatively easy to find) easter egg in the launcher that will unlock several of the more benign "unofficial" plugins.
    Has anyone found it and wants to share?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Question: Could it get SC damage after a gearswap? I hate when I don't get to see my SC damage, or even if I did an SC due to gear changes.

The animation engine in this game is really dumb.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

My impression is that Windower/FFXI work like this at the moment:
    Server "Action Packet" -> Client Program -> Generates Text -> Windower gets it -> Lua gets it -> Timestamp gets it -> You see it in your log
    The problem with Skillchains is that the client program discards the Skillchain packet from the server due to gear swaps. So no, I can't do it in Lua right now. However, Aureus has said that some day we will get access to these "Action Packets" directly, in which case it would be totally possible to display it despite gearswaps. The member of the Windower team that has them figured out is currently occupied with other aspects of the project (the Launcher mostly), but exposing the action packet in a way we can deal with in Lua is on his list of things to do. This will enable us to parse things that don't show up in our logs (for instance, damage if you have chat filters) or display things that otherwise wouldn't show up in our logs (like Skillchains, monster ID that's being talked about, etc.) So we could make it so that skillchain damage shows even if the animation doesn't. We could also make it so that monster ID shows instead of monster name, etc. In that case, the flow would be:
    Server "Action Packet" -> Lua can read it -> Client Program -> Generates Text -> Windower Gets it -> Lua Gets it -> Timestamp gets it -> You see it in your log.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Suteru View Post
    Question: Could it get SC damage after a gearswap? I hate when I don't get to see my SC damage, or even if I did an SC due to gear changes.

The animation engine in this game is really dumb.
    Blinkmenot

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dogtime View Post
    Blinkmenot
    Pretty much the only way I know need to see my self chains without it don't even get to see the damage in log...

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by |Heretic| View Post
    Has anyone found it and wants to share?
    Konami

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Caprese Dionir
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    http://imgur.com/FWPNbC7

This is coming along. It now uses custom chat logs and the works. I'm probably going to have to merge it with aoeBgone so that they can operate on the same messages as aoeBgone and further condense 2+ line buff/debuff messages. The downside of doing text manipulation is that it's order dependent, so having two plugins that both operate on the same text leads to problems.
    Does altering the way damage is displayed on the screen screw with kparser's ability to parse the damage?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I haven't tested it, but my assumption is that it does.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Cairthenn View Post
    Konami
    Awesome! thanks.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ihm Kasukabe
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I haven't tested it, but my assumption is that it does.
    If I remember correctly, Kparser parses the chat logs either by file or memory depending on settings, but doesn't actually directly capture messages. Since you're jacking the message packet before its displayed, then yeah, you'll break kparser.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

This is a bit unrelated but has anyone else had problems with windower.net not even loading? I know for sure it's just me. The site does not seem to be down.

extra information: 71.19.150.124 (windower.net's ip) does not reply to ping. it does reply on my phone, and does for someone else I asked to ping the IP.

I edited my hosts file, didn't change anything. Switched router DNS to OpenDNS. Still didn't work.

edit 2: This appears to cause Windower 4 to crash on load, prior to loading POL. Guessing this is because it tries to fetch windower.net and fails.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Anyway, it loads from a settings file and I haven't been able to break it yet, but I'm sure someone will find a way:

What other features do people want?
    First: I lol'd.

This is brilliant, though. Having started with JP POL, I was always a fan of how clean their battle log was.

Things I would like to see:

1: Settings file to customize color of specific elements in the log (color for your name, party member names, non-party member names, mob names, damage numbers {also seperated by damage to you, to your target, to your party members, to others} essentially what can be customized in the font colors settings menu, but with color by object rather than a global color per line.)

2: Ability to customize mob TP moves and spell lines.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Mob TP moves and spell lines are currently treated the same way as player TP moves and spell lines (because they give the same message). The monsters just show up as the user and players as the target.

Is this what you were proposing for the chat coloring?

I'll admit that when I read the suggestion I thought it would be too "busy," but it actually seems to work. I doubt that most people will use those customization options and I will probably keep them set to "off" though. The above image is just a mock-up that I made to convince myself it was worth doing, but implementing it shouldn't be hard either because the different filterable categories are input with different" color" numbers to denote them anyway and I already have an option in aoeBgone that recolors names by their party position.

Leader of the Brain Eating Space Monkeys
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Mob TP moves and spell lines are currently treated the same way as player TP moves and spell lines (because they give the same message). The monsters just show up as the user and players as the target.

I'll admit that when I read the suggestion I thought it would be too "busy," but it actually seems to work. I doubt that most people will use those customization options and I will probably keep them set to "off" though. The above image is just a mock-up that I made to convince myself it was worth doing, but implementing it shouldn't be hard either because the different filterable categories are input with different" color" numbers to denote them anyway and I already have an option in aoeBgone that recolors names by their party position.

Ive wanted my chat log to be like that for years

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Okay, it wasn't very hard to set up in the end. I have three things left to do before I put this out there as a beta:
    1) Get the colors working with misses as well - Probably done, need to test tonight
    2) Get the colors working with the settings file instead of hardcoding everything - Done
    3) Add comments to the settings file to explain how to use it - Done

Current probable problems:
    * Some of the battle message/color correlates are probably wrong

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ihm Kasukabe
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    This is a bit unrelated but has anyone else had problems with windower.net not even loading? I know for sure it's just me. The site does not seem to be down.

extra information: 71.19.150.124 (windower.net's ip) does not reply to ping. it does reply on my phone, and does for someone else I asked to ping the IP.

I edited my hosts file, didn't change anything. Switched router DNS to OpenDNS. Still didn't work.

edit 2: This appears to cause Windower 4 to crash on load, prior to loading POL. Guessing this is because it tries to fetch windower.net and fails.
    Possibly your firewall is blocking it?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

That's exactly what I was proposing. Looks great. I agree that it wouldn't be for everyone, but I think it'd be amazing for those of us who would want it.

On seperating the mob lines from player lines, I didn't know if it'd be possible or not, just thought if so, it'd be nice. I'll definitely test it for you when you're ready to put a beta of it out.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ihm View Post
    Possibly your firewall is blocking it?
    First thought, no.

I did a traceroute to the page. Seems like an ISP problem, but I'm not sure at the moment.

Here's the traceroute:

Tracing route to windower.net [71.19.150.124]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.11.1
    2 7 ms 7 ms 7 ms 73.3.151.1
    3 9 ms 7 ms 7 ms te-9-3-ur01.westmemphis.ar.malt.comcast.net [68.
    85.203.189]
    4 7 ms 7 ms 7 ms te-9-1-ur01.dannythomas.tn.malt.comcast.net [68.
    86.240.17]
    5 16 ms 11 ms 11 ms te-0-0-0-4-ar02.dannythomas.tn.malt.comcast.net
    [68.86.240.13]
    6 18 ms 19 ms 19 ms pos-3-3-0-0-cr01.dallas.tx.ibone.comcast.net [68
    .86.93.101]
    7 20 ms 19 ms 24 ms pos-0-6-0-0-pe01.1950stemmons.tx.ibone.comcast.n
    et [68.86.85.34]
    8 17 ms 17 ms 19 ms as174.1950stemmons.tx.ibone.comcast.net [173.167
    .56.166]
    9 19 ms 19 ms 17 ms te0-5-0-4.ccr21.dfw01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54
    .88.74]
    10 29 ms 27 ms 27 ms te0-2-0-6.mpd21.mci01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54
    .46.181]
    11 62 ms 61 ms 61 ms te0-1-0-3.mpd21.sfo01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54
    .2.210]
    12 62 ms 62 ms 63 ms te0-5-0-5.ccr21.sjc01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54
    .86.186]
    13 183 ms 436 ms 212 ms te4-2.ccr01.sjc07.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.26.
    146]
    14 * * * Request timed out.
    15 * * * Request timed out.
    16 * * * Request timed out.
    17 * * * Request timed out.
    18 * * * Request timed out.
    19 * * * Request timed out.
    20 * * * Request timed out.
    21 * * * Request timed out.
    22 * * * Request timed out.
    23 * * * Request timed out.
    24 * * * Request timed out.
    25 * * * Request timed out.
    26 * * * Request timed out.
    27 * * * Request timed out.
    28 * * * Request timed out.
    29 * * * Request timed out.
    30 * * * Request timed out.

edit: In hindsight, maybe not an ISP problem. Comcast (my ISP) seems to respond in the route.

edit 2: a working tracert from my phone has the same results, except here's the ones that are failing for me:

13 92 ms 91 ms 91 ms 38.122.96.6
    14 92 ms 93 ms 92 ms windower.xen.prgmr.com [71.19.150.124]

So, this is where it breaks.

Sorry to clog this thread up with this but I don't think it's appropriate for the github.

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 307 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast