Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just to confirm, is this how //bm colortest is supposed to display? Or is it an issue with my computer?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

No, that's it. FFXI doesn't display black and a lot of the colors are the same. You have control over 24 of the colors (1-17... and 6 more?) from the menus.

The "color code" that we use is actually not a color code at all, but a 32 bit number that prints out in front of junk in the log and may or may not contain more information than just color. Still, that's how we can change the colors right now. Be aware that some of the colors actually aren't unique either. So I think I chose 262 for monster name earlier, and it turns out that 262 isn't a real color code that will actually change the text color.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Walking through Jeuno just now, All of a sudden all the UI overlay went black (except text) and then a few seconds later, I was greeted with This:

The screen froze like this, but things were still going through to the game (mouse clicks, etc).

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ok. I reset everything and my defaults loaded vastly different to first try but everything seems to be working fine, just needs tinkering with. Loaded like this for reference.

Spoiler: show
    Color p0: 501
    Color p1: 204
    Color p2: 410
    Color p3: 492
    Color p4: 259
    Color p5: 260
    Color a10: 205
    Color a11: 359
    Color a12: 167
    Color a13: 038
    Color a14: 125
    Color a15: 185
    Color a20: 429
    Color a21: 257
    Color a22: 200
    Color a23: 481
    Color a24: 483
    Color a25: 208
    Color mob: 69
    Color mobdmg: 8
    Color mydmg: 8
    Color partydmg: 8
    Color allydmg: 8
    Color otherdmg: 8

I assume P/A = Party/Ally. The 1/2 in Ally is party number. And the 0-5 are for the actual slots.

Do the ingame menu settings still do anything? Like my evades/parries show up as Blue/029 I think (which is what I had it set to in game) and that's nowhere to be seen in the settings file so I assume it is pulling that from game values. Not a big deal but just making sure that's how it is supposed to be.

Also something else I noticed but I don't think you can do anything about it. Hitting into a mobs shadows/blink displays like it would with no battlemod, not sure if it's the same for players.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ninita Nita
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Gnomeregan

Quote Originally Posted by semco View Post
    I thought I had finally figured out this LUA today and was messing with btimers and got it D/Led and got it pathed correctly, when I went to load it in game I got this error
    "Windower4/addons/btimers/btimerslua 14 module 'tablehelper' not found
    no field package preload ['tablehelper'] did I miss a file in the zip? I double checked and have the LUA and the readme in the btimers folder.
    You may actually right-click save target as the following 3 links, i linked straight to the raw file rather than the github page for it. put all 3 of these inside addons/libs folder rather than the btimers folder as well in case at some point they are used in other things.
    https://github.com/Windower/Lua/raw/...ablehelper.lua --tablehelper.lua
    https://github.com/Windower/Lua/raw/.../functools.lua -- functools.lua
    https://github.com/Windower/Lua/raw/...mathhelper.lua --mathhelper.lua

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I didn't mess with shadows/blink yet but could in the future if people want it.

Everything other than the fields that you can set (name, monster name, damage color, etc.) show up as the default color, and the ones you posted are current. I pushed some updates in the last two hours that changed it so party/alliance parties would have different coloring schemes (before it was just colors 1-6 for each of them) and switched the monster color to something else. I am trying to avoid player-customizable colors and colors that aren't "real" in the default settings because that would obviously give different results from player to player, but you're free to use them and I probably prefer naming my main party for the different chat modes (say/tell/shout/etc., colors 1-6) because people intentionally customize those to be very different so they can tell them apart easily.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Not sure if it's possible or not and isn't going to be useful to me since I never play mages but will throw it out there anyway!

Would it be possible to get your Battlemod to color code certain debuffs that hit players so mages can tell from colors what debuff needs removing? Not sure how useful it would be.

Or maybe someone could do a seperate plugin that showed what debuffs were on what people. I don't know what data is received so not sure that's even possible unless it had a huge TP move database to check possible debuffs against.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Itege View Post
    Anyone else having an issue on windows 8 where certain animations(or something) crash the game? I think its animations because I was idling fine in Jueno until someone cast pollen, same in dynamis, was fine until I used Victory Smite or my puppet used an attachment.
    Iam having a similar problem, today in VW, I did some Akvan and then later Ig, at first I thought I had a total freeze, it lasted approx 5-8 secs where my screen was frozen. Last night I did Odin V2 with a full alli and had no problems at all. Iam not on Windows 8 Iam on Windows 7. I just finished up an Einherjar tier 3 with no problems.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Caprese Dionir
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Just to confirm, is this how //bm colortest is supposed to display? Or is it an issue with my computer?

Some of the numbers are assigned to chat log events. If you have changed any of the colors, their number color will be changed. I believe 001, 261-279, and a number of other blocks of text are "Say" chat or NPC chat for example. I've turned it to green and my 001 is green, about the same green as 204 in this screenshot.

So knowing that, you could theoretically use the 32 bit color assigner to assign any color you want to a certain chat event, if you can figure out which number(s) that event uses, and then assign that color id to one of your settings.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Caprese Dionir
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Yeah, I didn't mess with shadows/blink yet but could in the future if people want it.

Everything other than the fields that you can set (name, monster name, damage color, etc.) show up as the default color, and the ones you posted are current. I pushed some updates in the last two hours that changed it so party/alliance parties would have different coloring schemes (before it was just colors 1-6 for each of them) and switched the monster color to something else. I am trying to avoid player-customizable colors and colors that aren't "real" in the default settings because that would obviously give different results from player to player, but you're free to use them and I probably prefer naming my main party for the different chat modes (say/tell/shout/etc., colors 1-6) because people intentionally customize those to be very different so they can tell them apart easily.
    Can you make a step output that is like
    [Player] Box Step(Lv2) -> Monster
    [Player] Box Step Miss -> Monster
    ?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ihm Kasukabe
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Timers has been updated to version 1.0.0.9!

Here's the list of new features:

• All icons, including JA's are now in! Thanks to Pheelix for helping.
    • Slim graphical mode: Uses slim bars to use less screen space. Use this by adding
      Code:
      <slimMode>true|false</slimMode>
      into your Timers.xml. Defaults to false.
    • Flash on completion: This allows you to enable/disable the flashing of bars/text when a timer is complete. Use this by adding
      Code:
      <flashOnCompletion>false|false</flashOnCompletion>
      into your Timers.xml. Defaults to true.
    • Flash color: This allows you to change the color the bars/text will flash on completion. Use this by adding
      Code:
      <flashR>XXX</flashR>
      <flashG>XXX</flashG>
      <flashB>XXX</flashB>
      where XXX are replaced with a number from 0 to 255, into your Timers.xml. Defaults to 255,255,0 (Yellow).
    • Show tenths: This allows you to enable/disable showing the more detailed countdown past 10 seconds. Use this by adding
      Code:
      <showTenths>false</showTenths>
      into your Timers.xml. Defaults to true.
    • Timer limiters: This allows you to limit the number of timers on screen at any time. Use this by adding
      Code:
      <recastTimerLimit>X</recastTimerLimit>
      <buffsTimerLimit>X</buffsTimerLimit>
      <customTimerLimit>X</customTimerLimit>
      where X is a number above 0, into your Timers.xml. Defaults to 8.
    • Timer ordering: Timers will now be ordered properly, showing the timer thats nearest to complete at the top.

If anyone has any issues please make sure to drop a post on our issues tracker.

Enjoy~

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Edited some more crap. It's becoming apparent that I'm going to have to map the colors because they aren't all meaningful and some of them are meaningful in a bad way. I would recommend using the default for now. The new version:
    * Adjusts Cure spells like anything else
    * Adjusts Steps as described by Vyvian (almost)
    * Adjusts shadows (and subsequently added a new "Output Shadow:" line to the settings folder)
    * Fixes some other things that were messed up

I would guess that the addon directory is going to go live in windower 4 within the next few days, which will make keeping an up to date copy of this addon much easier (automatic updating, though obviously I won't overwrite your settings folder). Please let me know if you guys find more bugs! I currently think I have squashed all of them except the Timestamp one (reloading timestamp seems to fix that though).

http://youtu.be/ADcSAg2lb-A

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by semco View Post
    Iam having a similar problem, today in VW, I did some Akvan and then later Ig, at first I thought I had a total freeze, it lasted approx 5-8 secs where my screen was frozen. Last night I did Odin V2 with a full alli and had no problems at all. Iam not on Windows 8 Iam on Windows 7. I just finished up an Einherjar tier 3 with no problems.
    Same issue here, this occurs a lot during salvage for me, probably 2-3 times a run. Only one time this crashed me for good, all other times the game unfroze after 10ish sec. Windows 7 as well.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Does Windower 4 fix the merged chat log issue of Windower 3.4 without the need to use XI-Util?

Using Windower 4 beta, failed on loading Silence (127 error)

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ihm Kasukabe
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Does Windower 4 fix the merged chat log issue of Windower 3.4 without the need to use XI-Util?
    That was answered on the first page ~_~

Nope.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

does tparty get fixed when you changed the reolution of menu overlay? or still work in progress

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I might be dumb, but spellcast wont work for me. Updated everything and all other plugins work. I don't know if I am just forgetting something or not. Was I supposed to move the xmls to a different folder or keep everything in the same spot?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

You have to move your spellcast xmls to the Windower4/Plugins/Spellcast folder.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That's what I thought, but there wasn't a folder on my desktop for windower4 so I was like hurrr.

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 307 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast