BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 17 of 307 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Loving Windower 4. Is there a resource outside the github or whatever explaining some of the "finer" details of what it can do in regards to specifically battlemod or some other addons?
    Are you talking about Lua in general, or what battlemod can do? If you want info on a specific plugin, click on it in the Lua repository, there should be a readme file explaining the basics. About using Lua for Windower, there's a wiki specifically for it (with some links for addon developers at the bottom). For problems with Lua, there's the bugtracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    I agree, showing at least one "equipment changed" line while using Silence would be very appreciated.
    You can change that in the settings file in Windower/plugins/settings/Silence.xml

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Rehn View Post
    Just a few minor suggestions:

• Allow at least 1 line of 'equipment changed' to be displayed like the old silence. Would allow me to see if the macro fires off or not.
    • Allow 1-hours to not be showned via Timers.
    If you edit C:\Program Files (x86)\Windower4\plugins\settings\Silence.xml and set showMessage to true, Silence will show 1 line of 'equipment changed' like it used to. I dunno how to exclude 1hrs from Timers.

Edit: ninjar'd

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Subadai View Post
    If you edit C:\Program Files (x86)\Windower4\plugins\settings\Silence.xml and set showMessage to true, Silence will show 1 line of 'equipment changed' like it used to.
    Thank you, sir.

You are a scholar and a gentleman.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Question just checked the last 3 pages and nada, in my game i have to press enter twice to send the message any way to disable this?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Forgive me if the question is stupid. I just downloaded Windower4 yesterday after Adoulin hit and I was wondering if anything changed with scripts? I copied some stuff from my init.txt from Windower3 but it doesn't seem to work. Specifically I had an alias and a bind made to open Mog Sack and Satchel with Alt + w/e button and when I reloaded the init it didn't seem to work? Or would a relog be required in this case? I did that just before going to sleep so I didn't try that and I'm at work atm, but I wanted to ask if maybe something changed with this stuff.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Kayu View Post
    Question just checked the last 3 pages and nada, in my game i have to press enter twice to send the message any way to disable this?
    This is the IME plugin's doing. I don't think there's a way around that, if you wanna continue using it.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    This is the IME plugin's doing. I don't think there's a way around that, if you wanna continue using it.
    that was it thanks!

does XI-UTIL work with Windower 4? I wasn't sure how to get it running with the windowerhelper.dll =( kept crashing on me, unless I put it in the wrong folder.

Not sure this has been mentioned, Light Luggage keep having Error and unloaded.
    Windower 4.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xIndustrialxAngelx View Post
    does XI-UTIL work with Windower 4? I wasn't sure how to get it running with the windowerhelper.dll =( kept crashing on me, unless I put it in the wrong folder.
    You need to use the windowerhelper.dll linked in the OP. Also, you should probably consider getting the Lua replacement for Send.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I keep crashing after hitting the play button. I did a full reinstall, redownloaded all patches from links on bg, and still same issues. This is with vanilla windower, windower 3.4, windower 4. Please help.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    You need to use the windowerhelper.dll linked in the OP. Also, you should probably consider getting the Lua replacement for Send.
    You mean a Windower 4 plugin instead of the XI-Utils one?
    How is the first better than the latter?

I've been using XI-Utils mainly for the sandbox btw

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

If you used it in XI-Util's version of Send before, you can just use the Lua version now. If you didn't use it before, then it doesn't matter.

You'll need to remember to change where the Launcher points to and delete the INI file references from your sandbox plugin in XI-Util if you want to use it with Windower 4.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    If you used it in XI-Util before, you can just use the Lua version now.
    Yes I got that, but I was wondering: why should I? Is the lua version better? Does it offer me something more than the XI-Utils one?
    If there's no reason to change, why changing?

For example a problem I saw with the XI-Util one is that I'm not able to use the short command syntax.
    For instance "//send mulename //haste charname" won't work, I need to type "//send mulename /ma "Haste" charname" for it to work

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Yes I got that, but I was wondering: why should I? Is the lua version better? Does it offer me something more than the XI-Utils one?
    If there's no reason to change, why changing?

For example a problem I saw with the XI-Util one is that I'm not able to use the short command syntax.
    For instance "//send mulename //haste charname" won't work, I need to type "//send mulename /ma "Haste" charname" for it to work
    That did work, and I did it all the time. However, if you define it within a file, you will need to escape the slashes. Here's an excerpt from one of my files:
    Code:
    bind ^q send kosma \/\/haste arc
    bind ^t send kosma \/\/c5 arc
    bind ^y send kosma \/\/c6 arc

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

In my experience, these are the advantages of Lua Send:
    1) You can do "//send Mule /ma Haste charname" or you can do "//send mule haste charname" or you can do "//send mule //haste charname" (I think)
    2) It handles multiple instances much better than 3.4 did, which is to say that you don't need to really delay at all between hitting send macros. I found that using XI-Util I couldn't send stuff out to both my mules at once and needed something like a /wait 1 between commands, but with Lua I can (or at least I can do it much faster).
    3) In line with #2, the delay between me hitting a command and it actually firing on Lua send seems to be much faster.

This is the major disadvantage:
    1) Windower4 is still in beta and sometimes it fails to assign an IPC listening port on startup. When this happens, sometimes simply relogging the character fixes it or sometimes you need to re-log all the characters.

Re: Arcon
    You don't actually need to do that. Lua Send only puts things in using the "input" command if they are started with 1 forward slash. Just using:
    Code:
    bind ^q send kosma haste arc
    will work.

Campaign
    BG Level

Ooh those are pretty big advantages indeed, thanks Byrth!
    And thanks Arcon too. Can't wait to be home and try Windower 4 and the new exp. Hope I'll manage to set everything up fast

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Is it me, or did this change the font to the UI Update fonts etc?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Infobar borked for me in windower 4.0. At least in the new zones. Works on a mule in sandy. Crashes when logging to same account in Western Adoulin. Same error, access violation in prerender method.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Sooo was told to switch to battlemod over silence but when trying to load battlemod for the first time i get this:

>Lua error C\Apps\Windower\Windower4\addons\battlemod\battlem od.lua:4: unexpected symbol near '<'

what did I do wrong?

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 307 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast