BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by bien View Post
    Sooo was told to switch to battlemod over silence but when trying to load battlemod for the first time i get this:

>Lua error C\Apps\Windower\Windower4\addons\battlemod\battlem od.lua:4: unexpected symbol near '<'

what did I do wrong?
    If you're doing the same as me, you saved the .lua file wrong. When I first saved it, it included all the html coding from the website formatting too. Copy and paste the lua part into a text file and change it to a .lua file. Should work fine then, that's how I solved it anyway.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

You right clicked the battlemod.lua link on github and downloaded it, which actually got you an html page. Right click this link from the readme file instead.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

does windower 4 default texture and map compression?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    3) In line with #2, the delay between me hitting a command and it actually firing on Lua send seems to be much faster.
    That is definitely the case, as commands fire instantly and don't just get picked up every 250ms. It's significantly faster, especially when you need an emergency cure.

Re: Arcon
    You don't actually need to do that. Lua Send only puts things in using the "input" command if they are started with 1 forward slash. Just using:
    Code:
    bind ^q send kosma haste arc
    will work.
    I was talking about XI-Util's version, just wanted to say that it was always possible, if you knew how. But yeah, this is another advantage of the Lua version.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm not a video guy.

How do I take the //video output from windower 4 and make it into something I can put on youtube?

Or is the default output something that I can upload directly?

Also, what can I use to edit it, or add music to it?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Tyvm Byrth, Jem. That cleared it up nicely

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    I'm not a video guy.

How do I take the //video output from windower 4 and make it into something I can put on youtube?

Or is the default output something that I can upload directly?
    Part of the reason why video recording is slower than with Fraps (for example), is because it already encodes it as you record. As a result, it's already in an upload-friendly format.

Campaign
    BG Level

Since I've seen it mentioned and since Byrth is the author, please bear with me as I ask another question about Battlemod. Seen it compared to Silence, but what does it do exactely?
    Only found THIS page. Maybe I'm missing a whole subforum on the windower forums because I couldn't find anything there.

So, what does battlemod do compared to silence? It seems very interesting but I'd love to understand better what it can do. If anybody has a small screenshot it would be apreciated

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

There's screenshots further back in this thread Sechs.

The tl;dr version is that it cuts out all the unnecessary shit from your chatlog and only displays the absolute minimum of what you need to see.

It also works like silence including for buffs.

EDIT

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Well, it does this (watch the log):

As far as silence, it currently uses what I'd call "super silence" where it cancels any consecutive duplicate messages that don't meet certain criteria. This means that if you, for instance, spam check on a bunch of DC monsters with the same name then it will only come up once in your log. I am considering limiting this down to just equipment swapping and unable to equip messages, but that means I'd have to figure out what those messages are in different languages, lol.

It's worth noting that you can turn off any feature you don't like. I am also considering adding a "don't color this element in a custom way" color.

Campaign
    BG Level

Thanks Jem & Byrth.
    This is just... wow... beyond my expectations to say the least.
    Can't wait to use it

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Okay, I pushed a new version to Github that allows people to select 0 as the color for certain text elements that they don't want changed. It also makes the silence capacity ignore "unable to buy" messages from the AH and /check messages. I have a few more things on the docet:

1a) Add an option to color effects/spell names.
    - or -
    1b) Add a custom dictionary for coloring, where people can simply choose words that they want colored depending how fancy they want to get. <--- This is probably the easier option in the long run.
    2) Condense "gains the effect of" messages similarly to how battlemod condenses everything else.
    3) Transition to using the "modified" input instead of the "original" input. (just a note for me mostly)
    4) Transition to using the action packet when it becomes available.
    5) Handle special "gains the effect of" messages like for Circle JAs and Summoner Ward BPs.
    6) Figure out why using //bm colortest and expanding the chat log on my 640x480 mule causes crashes half the time.
    7) Map the colors to figure out which ones of them are "real," which are not, and which ones change when you change in-game color settings.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Still dunno how to get my Spellcast echoes to work with Windower 4. Anyone have any ideas?

When launching Windower4 via XIUtils (which worked fine before this update), the game window is in some weird Always on Top mode. I tried to figure out what to do, but tapped out for ideas. Thoughts?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

7) Map the colors to figure out which ones of them are "real," which are not, and which ones change when you change in-game color settings.
    I didn't confirm all of them yet, but I didn't find any errors so far: https://github.com/Windower/Lua/blob.../ffxidata.json

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Any plans to add a Yarnball feature for 4?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by RicFlair View Post
    Any plans to add a Yarnball feature for 4?
    Yes, it will be added to Timers.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Is there a way to set the default position so I don't need to move it every time?
    WinControl. Then put "wincontrol move [x pos] [y pos]" in your init.txt somewhere.

Is there a way to have multiple init.txt? I remember there was a command line switch that let you specify the init.txt, but it seems like it could be incorporated into the Profile section of the launcher. (I don't want the WinControl move line to run when I switch to my fullscreen profile)

edit: Also the <st> macros (and <stnpc>, etc) -> <lastst> are broken in v4, It doesn't wait until I select. So I do Light Shot as soon as I hit Tab pretty much.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Can anyone tell me why the lights look 16 bit in these pictures on Windower V.4? Everything else looks mostly fine..

The lights are fine in 3.4.

Example:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/10555426/ff...8_10.59.00.png
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/10555426/ff...8_10.59.24.png

Thank you very much!

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I am sorry, i just switched to windower 4 because of the update, how do you bind keys in windower 4? like for example I want F11 to be /ma Sprout Smack or so

Closed Thread
Page 18 of 307 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast