BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 253 of 307 FirstFirst ... 203 243 251 252 253 254 255 263 303 ... LastLast
    New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    Windower or gearswap giving out some error //gs org istn working and cant find items anymore (was fine yesterday) or rather organizer

error I amg etting is:
    Organizer: Lua runtime error: ....blabla/addons/organizer/organizer.lua: 152: attempt to index field 'retain' (a nil value)
    They came out with the fix for this yesterday, and did a update. If it is still not working try this Here

Relic Shield
    BG Level

So ever since Windower updated today I'm periodically being kicked offline with a POL error, on my main account only. Don't think I have any addon/plugin differences between the two, so no idea why it would only be one...

Relic Shield
    BG Level

4 Issues:

Is there any reason why the Organizer addon does not show up in my addon tab's list (instaLS also doesnt show but I am not sure if that is off dev or not)? Is there a way I can make it show there? I tried deleting that update folder or whatever its called previously to no avail.

Also I was trying boxdestroyer and it works for the first guess then throws an error for the second one for me. I will have to go try it out again to give you the exact error I get. EDIT: ok on the second guess it puts into chatlog
    Code:
    possible combinations:
    and puts a console error saying
    Code:
    lua runtime error:box destroyer.lua:119: bad arguement #1 to 'format' (number expected, got nil)
    Pointwatch doesn't display anything at all. Ive set the pos to (0,0) (50,50) (200,200). Nothing works. It just doesn't display anything for me on this PC.

Also similiar is autocontrol. It works well switching attachments and such but shows no burden display whatsoever.

Scoreboard shows its normal display although on load it does give me in the chatlog an error (but works properly as far as i can tell)
    Code:
    Scoreboard Error: XML error, line 7: Unexpected character '''.
    I have had a couple addons ( I cant remember which atm) give me that same error (minus the Scoreboard Error: part of course) I believe boxdestroyer gave me that error last night. but didnt today on loading.
    So I dont think its a nothing will display a text box type bug on my PC, just certain ones.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

After seeing Kanriels post It reminded me to post:

Oh also since shortly before the update Occasionally The launcher will crash on me once i pick a profile and click the launch button. More frequently however it likes to occasionally crash on the blue accept/decline screen or once I have logged in on a character. I have tried no plugins/addons and such and it still happens rarely. It isnt something I can reproduce on purpose it just kinda happens randomly. Although in the last week or so it has happened less and less.

It sometimes would take me a few tries to get on without crashing. I also dual box and alot of times it would happen for the second character i logged in (as in it happened when logging #2 in more so than #1.) Again, it has gotten better in this last week or so. I dont think it has crashed on me in the last 3-4 days at all.

Also (sorry, dont mean to sound like a complainer, this is jsut stuff that been erroring for me in the last couple months and I am just gettin to post about them.) Findall seems to do OK with finding stuff on my currently logged in characters, but seems to keep forgetting all items on my mules. Also doesnt seem to want to find anything in Safe2 still.

Thanks for all you guys do.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Well, other account just had it happen. So I guess now I just have random POL crashes on one account at a time. And this time the account that crashed was doing nothing. I'm crafting and reading the internet on my main, my alt is standing still in the city and crashed.

Campaign
    BG Level

So like others lately I've been experiencing random crashes on Windower.
    They happen at the strangest moments. Sometimes I'm doin liteally nothing and just looking at the screen, and then screen goes black for a few seconds, then I'm back to Windows 7 with a Crash error (I play in full screen)
    I uploaded a full memory crash dump. Can anybody help me understand at least which one is the culprit? There might be a memory leak or an endless cycle/loop or something in a specific addon.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxZ...ew?usp=sharing

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

So, just to toss a "me too" here, but last week //findall and //gs org (organizer) were working on showing items from Mog Safe 2 and by putting/taking gear from/to there, but during the last days some update caused they not to work again. I am not sure how to start debugging this

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Any help would be nice. it's my first gaming PC in a long time. I haven't played in years but i want to. Do I have to have directx8.1 or can I use directx 11.1? I r a mac guy now and I r lost.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orinthia Warsong
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just run the installer, after you install everything and try to run the game, windows will complain about the game needing something enabled for it to render and give you a link to the screen to enable it. At least it did for me a long time back with windows 8.1 u1.

That thing is Direct Play, which is under Legacy Components in Windows Features. You can get to that screen by going to 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Feature' and clicking on 'Turn Windows features on or off' on the left side. Just enable it for now and run through the game's installer like normal. Nothing else needs to be downloaded or done if you're using the SoA ultimate installer that's on SE's website (it's a huge download).

Campaign
    BG Level

For the last few weeks I've been having random crashes. They seem to be happening more often when I'm dualboxing, but they do happen even when I don't.
    Odd thing, they seem to happen even when I'm idle doing absolutely nothing and just looking at the screen.

I uploaded a full memory crash dump. Can anybody at least help me understand what is causing it?

I've been told it's somewhat related to direct X calls, but more details to understand if it's caused by hook or not would be lovely.

Season of the Siccness
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sicc Ward
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I remember there was a simple command to show gearswaps in text, does that still exist?

I feel like it was just /showswaps or something but my tries aren't yielding any results.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Siccmade View Post
    I remember there was a simple command to show gearswaps in text, does that still exist?

I feel like it was just /showswaps or something but my tries aren't yielding any results.
    If you are using gearswap you can use the command: //gs showswaps

Season of the Siccness
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sicc Ward
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

There it is, thanks.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

So haven't played with Organizer at all. I just play two jobs per character, though. How can I set it up so that when I switch jobs it'll toss all my job-specific gear into my mog satchel and vice versa? That's where I keep gear between switches so figure I'd keep that going. It sounds like Organizer should be able to do that with gearswap integration but tossing the include into my gearswap lua and hitting //gs org has done nothing.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    So haven't played with Organizer at all. I just play two jobs per character, though. How can I set it up so that when I switch jobs it'll toss all my job-specific gear into my mog satchel and vice versa? That's where I keep gear between switches so figure I'd keep that going. It sounds like Organizer should be able to do that with gearswap integration but tossing the include into my gearswap lua and hitting //gs org has done nothing.
    It is pretty well explained on this FFXIAH thread if you want to take a look

Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    For the last few weeks I've been having random crashes. They seem to be happening more often when I'm dualboxing, but they do happen even when I don't.
    Odd thing, they seem to happen even when I'm idle doing absolutely nothing and just looking at the screen.

I uploaded a full memory crash dump. Can anybody at least help me understand what is causing it?

I've been told it's somewhat related to direct X calls, but more details to understand if it's caused by hook or not would be lovely.
    I too have been experiencing this the last week or so, game will freeze up for like 5 seconds or so and then just close out to desktop and say that pol.exe encountered an error and had to shut down.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Organizer no longer zooms through the item movement process?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Imoq View Post
    It is pretty well explained on this FFXIAH thread if you want to take a look
    That looks like a slightly more wordy explanation from the "About" page linked via Windower. But I still don't know how to get the //gs org bit to work. I added both includes in my gearswap, maybe I have it in the wrong place? I use Mote's templates and have the include line added the very line after the include('Mote-Include.lua') line in his template.

Specifically I want to find a way to setup so that when I type //gs org it would take any/all gear used in my gearswap into my inventory, and any gear not in my gearswap and toss it into my satchel. I'll work on the exclusions for warp rings and trizek rings, etc. later on, if I can get organizer to function as I think it might be able to...? For the most part I just want it swapping my JSE between satchel/inventory, as WHM and GEO as well as THF and COR share a LOT of the same gear, which is how/why I've built my characters.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    That looks like a slightly more wordy explanation from the "About" page linked via Windower. But I still don't know how to get the //gs org bit to work. I added both includes in my gearswap, maybe I have it in the wrong place? I use Mote's templates and have the include line added the very line after the include('Mote-Include.lua') line in his template.

Specifically I want to find a way to setup so that when I type //gs org it would take any/all gear used in my gearswap into my inventory, and any gear not in my gearswap and toss it into my satchel. I'll work on the exclusions for warp rings and trizek rings, etc. later on, if I can get organizer to function as I think it might be able to...? For the most part I just want it swapping my JSE between satchel/inventory, as WHM and GEO as well as THF and COR share a LOT of the same gear, which is how/why I've built my characters.
    I do use Mote's templates as well, and that's pretty much it: add the specified line at the start of the .lua, edit Organizer's config file at your best convenience and then //gs org while inside your MH. There isn't any other trick to it, really.

On the last days/weeks Rooks has been actively updating/fixing/adding functions to Organizer (thank you so much!), and some people on that FFXIAH thread have reported it stopping/resuming working for them at certain moments. I know it stopped working for me last week but then on another update restarted again. Perhaps your case is one of those? You should approach Rooks to know for sure, anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Organizer no longer zooms through the item movement process?
    I had this problem a few days ago too; eventually I found that some debug logging had gotten turned on and organizer was trying to write a massive log file every time it did its thing. I worked around it by editing organizer.lua and changing all the debugging options from true to false. It looks like a new version got pushed live on May 31 essentially doing the same thing, so I'd make sure you have version 20150531, and if not, re-download organizer.