Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 256 of 307 FirstFirst ... 206 246 254 255 256 257 258 266 306 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

Do you use a Mote file for your blu? It is likely there is a table in there like i mentioned that has them labeled in some manner as magical as opposed to physical. The resources doesnt make that distinction as far as i can tell.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

IIRC all physical Blue Magic is element 15 ("None"), while magical blue magic has an appropriate element. Should just check to see if the target is an enemy, type is blue magic, and see whether the element is "None" or not.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I guess I'm just unable to use any weaponskill in Monstrosity that's also a Blue spell. Unable to use amorphic spikes as well.

Campaign
    BG Level

Yesterday I was getting random Gearswap errors referring to line 216 (??) of refresh.lua whenever I used the /sitchair command.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

That's weird. I'll try to log in and fix /sitchair

The monstrosity thing is a resources issue, but it has existed for so long now that I might try and disable GearSwap for monstrosity.

Campaign
    BG Level

I'll try again later, might have been a strange bug. Also I need to report some data about wrong duration for Chocobo Jig. I'll update in a min.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I'll just start unloading gearswap for Monstrosity. Thanks for the help

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I got that error when i tried to //warp while sitting in a chair. except it was 216 for me.

So the last 2 days I started having an issue. I would use an item on my self or cast a spell like Warp. it would say I was too far to cast. considering im casting on myself that shouldnt be the case. it occurred across multiple logins. but not always an issue. when it woudl start it would not stop until i logged out and back in. Cept just now i tried unloading gearswap and suddenly i was able to cast warp again without the error. I am not sure what causes it but i was fishing for a while and when i try to warp out it sometimes started up.

Campaign
    BG Level

Ok, for the /sitchair and Gearswap I found what's causing the issue.
    If you try to perform a JA, GS gives the following error:

"Gearswap: Lua runtime error: gearswap/refresh.lua:216:
    attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)"

The game instead gives the error "Cannot perform that action while sitting"

About Chocobo Jig wrong duration on Timers, I performed the following tests. Please consider I have no Jig Job Points yet. I tried both Chocobo Jig and Jig II, they give the same results.

No augmenting gear
    Correct duration (roughly 2 mins)

Horos Tights +1 (aug says duration +45, is it +seconds?)
    Almost correct Duration, roughly 2:54. I was expecting 2:45 given the aug description =/
    Buff seems to be lasting 1 or 2 seconds more than Timers thinks it does, but overall it's quite close.

Maxixi Toeshoes +1 (aug says +40, is it +40 seconds? /shrugs)
    Correct duration, roughly 2:42. Looks almost consistant with the +40 aug on feet.

Legs + Feet
    Wrong. Timers thinks this ability lasts 3mins and 36 seconds. That's actually consistant with the previous two tests. 2 min (base) + ~54 + ~42 is exactely 3mins and 36 seconds.
    Yet for some reason it wears off approx ~35 seconds earlier than timers things it should.
    Not sure what to say. Either there's a bug in how Timers calculates duration for Chocobo Jigs, or there's a hard cap and you can't make it last more than 3 mins no matter what.

If it's a matter of there being a cap, I wonder if Job Points can surpass it or not =/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Jig

There's a 50% duration cap. I don't know if JPs bypass it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Oh wow i swear i checked that page recently and didnt see anything about a cap lol. so 50% cap when one of the items gives 45%. thats seems pretty stupid of SE.

Campaign
    BG Level

Seems pretty stupid even for SE, yeah.
    Might want to submit a bug report but these days I doubt they have the manpower to fix stuff like these, even if they acknowledged it's broken.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

The sad thing is the link Sechs posted wont get looked at really because it has things like

Platform:
    Every platform

ISP:
    It's not an issue related to network communication and connections

Type of Internet Connection:
    Type of connection is irrelevant for this issue

Internet Connection Speed:
    Speed of connection is irrelevant for this issue
    Which although we know are totally valid, the actual info wasnt put in there so they will just say please use the template and resubmit. SE does that all the time.

Campaign
    BG Level

If they say so I will update.

60FPS addon/plugin

Hi,

I'm starting up the game again on a private server to play with some friends. Been wanting to run this game in 60FPS but I cannot change any settings or plugins to allow this. I know previous posts mentioned that it was built into the config file, however, that's now changed to the Lua Core and there's nothing there.

The Lua git hub doesn't show any addons that resemble 60FPs.

Is this feature not integrated yet? Thanks in advance.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Config plugin in the windower launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Config plugin in the windower launcher.
    Thanks,

I had to enable the config plugin and then go into the settings folder to edit the XML file. Changed the frame rate divisor from 2 to 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Ok, for the /sitchair and Gearswap I found what's causing the issue.
    If you try to perform a JA, GS gives the following error:

"Gearswap: Lua runtime error: gearswap/refresh.lua:216:
    attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)"

The game instead gives the error "Cannot perform that action while sitting"

About Chocobo Jig wrong duration on Timers, I performed the following tests. Please consider I have no Jig Job Points yet. I tried both Chocobo Jig and Jig II, they give the same results.

No augmenting gear
    Correct duration (roughly 2 mins)

Horos Tights +1 (aug says duration +45, is it +seconds?)
    Almost correct Duration, roughly 2:54. I was expecting 2:45 given the aug description =/
    Buff seems to be lasting 1 or 2 seconds more than Timers thinks it does, but overall it's quite close.

Maxixi Toeshoes +1 (aug says +40, is it +40 seconds? /shrugs)
    Correct duration, roughly 2:42. Looks almost consistant with the +40 aug on feet.

Legs + Feet
    Wrong. Timers thinks this ability lasts 3mins and 36 seconds. That's actually consistant with the previous two tests. 2 min (base) + ~54 + ~42 is exactely 3mins and 36 seconds.
    Yet for some reason it wears off approx ~35 seconds earlier than timers things it should.
    Not sure what to say. Either there's a bug in how Timers calculates duration for Chocobo Jigs, or there's a hard cap and you can't make it last more than 3 mins no matter what.

If it's a matter of there being a cap, I wonder if Job Points can surpass it or not =/
    If the base duration is 2 minutes (120 seconds) 54 seconds is exactly a 45% increase in duration.

However, 48seconds is a 40% increase in duration. so theoretically if it was a % increase in duration Maxixi Toeshoes +1 should have a duration of 2:48, not 2:42

Edit: additionally, I think more often than not, when SE puts a + number on a piece of equipment, it is a percent improvement, not an absolute value improvement. I'm trying to think of something specific that does not follow that, but regen duration is a percent increase, enhancing spell duration as well.