Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 289 of 307 FirstFirst ... 239 279 287 288 289 290 291 299 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Was anyone able to contact him? I thought he checked these forums still. Also, not sure if it was brought up but Inyanga gear isn't able to be searched with //find all while its in slip 23.
    I thought that armor set was added already (its from last month) I think Ive searched for it myself. You may want to check github and make sure you have updated slip file in libs.
    Also I think the unity shirts may be missin from its Slip ( I cant remember which it is atm though)

https://github.com/Windower/Lua/tree/dev/addons/libs

Also I have noticed Findall forgettin whats on other characters alot lately. Even when there is no zoning. ill search for something on one character. Then search same item on the other. A lot of the times it wont see the other characters. so usually u search again on him and it will now find it on the other. But ive had it forgett just by searching again to confirm it has it. Then from then on it jsut wont remember the other characters stuff ever.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Windower 4 has a C code base with contributions from dozens of coders, many of whom we do not have contact info for and was contributed under, iirc, no clear license before v4. We also, I think, include a lib that used to be free but is no longer free. These two reasons leave us in a legally difficult position when it comes to spontaneously open sourcing it regardless which license we choose to use.

Windower v5 is still being developed as Iryoku's pet project and it is a complete rewrite, which frees us from such legal issues. It is his choice, but he would be free to open source it if he wanted.
    We could always ask Taj for their contacts lol.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Windower 4 has a C code base with contributions from dozens of coders, many of whom we do not have contact info for and was contributed under, iirc, no clear license before v4. We also, I think, include a lib that used to be free but is no longer free. These two reasons leave us in a legally difficult position when it comes to spontaneously open sourcing it regardless which license we choose to use.

Windower v5 is still being developed as Iryoku's pet project and it is a complete rewrite, which frees us from such legal issues. It is his choice, but he would be free to open source it if he wanted.
    I have a copy of the lib you're speaking of, which I can send if you need proof XD
    I've looked through the windower source code before it became a private project. Not sure if it's still out there on the internet, but I saved the source somewhere on my computer.
    I've implemented hooking before using detours with the help of Azaril (and his tutorial posted on another site.) Just drew some crap on top of the league of legends game window >_>; originally I wanted to render an EXP bar for FFXIV since they hid it in a menu but by the time I managed to get it working they had added an EXP bar and I wasn't even really playing anymore.
    As far as open source, I don't intend to share it with anyone else though that you'd just have to believe.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

From advanced when you turn on Debug Log and Error Log, does anyone know the path it saves these files? I have been trying to troubleshoot POL crashing and I am not seeing anything in the windower or windower\logs folder

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I have been working on my POL crashing issues, and so far here is what im running.

Windows 10
    Firefox 36.0.1 (from this link: http://filehippo.com/download_firefox/60319/ - turn off firefox auto updating before downloading and installing. i did not have to uninstall before installing this version.)
    GTX 980 with June drivers 368.39 (trying new July drivers tonight)
    Samsung U28E590D 4k monitor on 2560x1440 (on 4k resolution the menu overlay is too fucking small without adjusting the UI setting in windower, and it runs into issues with the hardware mouse on anything greater than 1x.)
    I also found out my PC was shutting off my monitor which is a cause of some crashes. I think it crashes this way because I am not running the native resolution for my monitor so it has to adjust the resolution on power on, causing ffxi to lose full screen and crash. Follow these steps here to turn OFF auto monitor shutdown. Apparently it isn't enough to just select never in the power options in windows 10.

1. Click on the windows icon
    2. Type regedit
    3. Right-click on regedit icon, click Run as administrator
    4. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Power\PowerSettings\238C9FA8-0AAD-41ED-83F4-97BE242C8F20\7bc4a2f9-d8fc-4469-b07b-33eb785aaca0
    5. Double click on Attributes
    6. Enter number 2.
    7. Go to Advanced power settings (click on Windows button, write power options, click on Power Options, in the selected plan click on the Change plan settings, click on the Change advanced power settings).
    8. Click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable
    9. Click Sleep, then System unattended sleep timeout, then change these settings from 2 Minutes to 20 for example.

I am getting minimal crashes. MUCH better than it has been. So far the only one that happened is Ambuscade last night. Might end up turning off all plugins to see how things go for awhile.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Akirra Krylon
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Posted this on the ffxiah forums as well. Hopefully someone has seen this issue or knows how to go about rectifying it.

"First off thanks for coming into this thread at all! :D

I'll try to keep this as much to the point as possible. I've read a million other threads/posts from google searches and cannot get FFXI to work with windower no matter what I do. Windowed mode, full screen mode, borderless window, a ton of different resolutions and settings. It just refuses to launch with Windower.

Surface Pro 4
    Windows 10

FFXI works perfectly fine with vanilla POL/FFXI
    FFXI works perfectly fine with Ashita.

PoL launches fine with Windower
    FFXI crashes on the transition from PoL to FFXI with Windower. Every single damn time -.- /rage

PoL "closes" like it normally does, the window that FFXI would presumably be in opens but before any image or anything loads it closes and it throws a "PlayOnline Viewer has stopped working" generic error.

Tried looking at log files but nothing seems to make sense. A lot of the posts I have found say that some Windows 10 environments "just don't work with Windower/FFXI" but that just sounds like "who the *** knows".

Ashita is fine as an alternative but I always preferred Windower to be quite honest.

If anyone can help, I'd be forever in your debt! /bow

DirectPlay is enabled and all that jazz. Tried the run as admin/set compatibility mode to windows 8/7/vista. Tried literally every variation of settings but nothing =/"

Edit:

From the windows Event Viewer:

Faulting application name: pol.exe, version: 1.18.13.0, time stamp: 0x4e3bcddc
    Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00000000
    Faulting process id: 0x610
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d1d7bdccdb999f
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\pol.e xe
    Faulting module path: unknown
    Report Id: c65d5e6a-a9a2-431a-933c-7ccc24f256e7
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    - <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-07-06T19:38:08.071714200Z" />
    <EventRecordID>14411</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Security />
    </System>
    - <EventData>
    <Data>pol.exe</Data>
    <Data>1.18.13.0</Data>
    <Data>4e3bcddc</Data>
    <Data>unknown</Data>
    <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>00000000</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>00000000</Data>
    <Data>610</Data>
    <Data>01d1d7bdccdb999f</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\pol.e xe</Data>
    <Data>unknown</Data>
    <Data>c65d5e6a-a9a2-431a-933c-7ccc24f256e7</Data>
    <Data />
    <Data />
    </EventData>
    </Event>

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I recently started using the addons Autocontrol and Azuresets to save spell/attachment sets, but have a problem with the settings file resetting after restarting the game. This only occurs when I try to add sets via the ingame command. After reloading the addons, I get the error:

AzureSets/AutoControl Error: XML error, line 7: Unexpected character '<'.

Opening up the settings afterwards, I see that all my sets are erased. Hopefully someone else has had the same problem as me and it's an easy fix.

Edit: I'm an idiot, was taking the readme files literally and doing
    //asets save <set>
    when
    //asets save set
    is the correct method.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Is there anything at all that I can do to help push the issue where you crash maybe 50% of the time if you zone 2 characters at once. Even when I'm careful and space out my zones, I still crash from time to time. Putting up with it for years on end is driving me fricken crazy

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure I've asked you this before multiple times, but what kind of harddrive is FFXI installed on for you? Ideally you would tell me the hardware info and the driver info.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'm pretty sure I've asked you this before multiple times, but what kind of harddrive is FFXI installed on for you? Ideally you would tell me the hardware info and the driver info.
    Sorry, I should visit the thread more after venting my frustration/

I have FFXI installed on a secondary hard drive, ST33000651AS 3TB Seagate Barracuda.

I'm not entirely sure about the driver. Going into the Driver File Details, it says "File version: 6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)

Is there anything more specific you're looking for.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

By crash you mean POL crashes, or you get stuck on downloading data until you force one of the windows out then the other loads immediate?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The latter. The 'downloading data' at the bottom right completely freezes until I 'End Process' on one of the instances.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Well, that's a first. I zoned in the game while loading up the launcher to log in my other characters, and the game + launcher froze. Had to end process on the launcher to unfreeze my game.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

People have reported freezes when zoning multiple characters simultaneously before. IIRC our theory is that the game loads .dat files with read/write permissions and can end up in a situation where two different instances want files that the other instance has claimed. Neither will release their current file until they load the file that the other one claimed ("race condition"). The solution we've talked about is hooking FFXI's .dat load function and forcing it to be read only.

Problem is that it doesn't happen to everyone, which could indicate that this isn't what's happening or it could be that some harddrive drivers avoid the race condition somehow. I'm using driver 6.1.7601.19133 (6/20/06) with a WDC WD10EZEX and don't have problems.

Quote Originally Posted by AkirraKrylon View Post
    Posted this on the ffxiah forums as well. Hopefully someone has seen this issue or knows how to go about rectifying it.

"First off thanks for coming into this thread at all! :D

I'll try to keep this as much to the point as possible. I've read a million other threads/posts from google searches and cannot get FFXI to work with windower no matter what I do. Windowed mode, full screen mode, borderless window, a ton of different resolutions and settings. It just refuses to launch with Windower.

Surface Pro 4
    Windows 10

FFXI works perfectly fine with vanilla POL/FFXI
    FFXI works perfectly fine with Ashita.

PoL launches fine with Windower
    FFXI crashes on the transition from PoL to FFXI with Windower. Every single damn time -.- /rage

PoL "closes" like it normally does, the window that FFXI would presumably be in opens but before any image or anything loads it closes and it throws a "PlayOnline Viewer has stopped working" generic error.

Tried looking at log files but nothing seems to make sense. A lot of the posts I have found say that some Windows 10 environments "just don't work with Windower/FFXI" but that just sounds like "who the *** knows".

Ashita is fine as an alternative but I always preferred Windower to be quite honest.

If anyone can help, I'd be forever in your debt! /bow

DirectPlay is enabled and all that jazz. Tried the run as admin/set compatibility mode to windows 8/7/vista. Tried literally every variation of settings but nothing =/"

Edit:

From the windows Event Viewer:

Faulting application name: pol.exe, version: 1.18.13.0, time stamp: 0x4e3bcddc
    Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00000000
    Faulting process id: 0x610
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d1d7bdccdb999f
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\pol.e xe
    Faulting module path: unknown
    Report Id: c65d5e6a-a9a2-431a-933c-7ccc24f256e7
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    - <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-07-06T19:38:08.071714200Z" />
    <EventRecordID>14411</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Security />
    </System>
    - <EventData>
    <Data>pol.exe</Data>
    <Data>1.18.13.0</Data>
    <Data>4e3bcddc</Data>
    <Data>unknown</Data>
    <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>00000000</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>00000000</Data>
    <Data>610</Data>
    <Data>01d1d7bdccdb999f</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\pol.e xe</Data>
    <Data>unknown</Data>
    <Data>c65d5e6a-a9a2-431a-933c-7ccc24f256e7</Data>
    <Data />
    <Data />
    </EventData>
    </Event>
    I have the same issue for over a month now. I have been playing in Vanilla... cant get windower to work.

I know LOTS of people are having this issue, it IS a windower issue that I think none really understands, so there is no fix except to reinstall your OS. Those that have done this have windower working again. I have not done it but I have done everything else imaginable - so I will be reinstalling my OS in a month or so.

Good luck and if you figure it out please let me know!

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

why the fuck does my PLO Viewer suddenly want an update...
    EDIT: all my login data has been wiped wtf -_-

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    why the fuck does my PLO Viewer suddenly want an update...
    EDIT: all my login data has been wiped wtf -_-
    Couple weeks back this happened to me. I logged out of the game and I wanted to see if my older PC that I use could also dual screen like my newer better PC thats broke. After i hooked it up, and took me a while to figure out to restart the PC for it to see the second Monitor. So i got the 2 screens going and then When I logged into ffxi right after all my login stuff was wiped. I just had to enter the info and the settings like no music in the PLO viewer. A few days later I took off the 2nd monitor and didnt have to put info in again. I guess I should look at it and see if it was my original info or the new stuff i reentered casue I named the accounts differntly. I have no idea why setting up a second monitor would make it forget your login infos though. seems crazy.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It was a coincidence. PoL randomly forgets your login info once in a long while, it's happened me and to nearly everyone I play with. Not sure if it's related to Windower crashing on exit, because everybody uses Windower so I haven't heard of anyone on vanilla encountering the problem. Keep your login info written down somewhere safe, avoid the mess of trying to remember PoL ID vs. SE ID and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Subadai View Post
    It was a coincidence. PoL randomly forgets your login info once in a long while, it's happened me and to nearly everyone I play with. Not sure if it's related to Windower crashing on exit, because everybody uses Windower so I haven't heard of anyone on vanilla encountering the problem.
    i have had it happen but only after a virus scan or when the file gets corrupted(usually because of a failing hard disk)
    Quote Originally Posted by Subadai View Post
    Keep your login info written down somewhere safe, avoid the mess of trying to remember PoL ID vs. SE ID and all that.
    agreed

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Yea I got all that info in my original package for the ps2 right here next to the pc at all times. Assuming you save your password or whatever on the website you could easily log into SE account manager and find ur Pol ID also. Im not sure bout coincidence exactly though, cause when I think back on it This may have also happened on my other PC when I set up a 2nd monitor. But even still I see no relation in adding monitors and the info wiped from playonline viewer and nothign else affected.

Thankfully its not a huge chore re entering the info