Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 290 of 307 FirstFirst ... 240 280 288 289 290 291 292 300 ... LastLast

if you transfered from ps2 or xbox dont forget that PlayOnline IDs need to be transferred to a Square Enix account.
    info: http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/envi/win/winshift.html

so you need to log in with yourSE account not your pol data

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Someone just needs to make a more robust way to determine whether your inventory has loaded. If it's not done in a month or so I'll probably do it.
    Bothering Byrth to check if that "probably" can become a "totally" :D
    Still having small issues with findall and find

Is there a way to fix autocontrol's maneuver tracker? It's not been terribly accurate for me to begin with, but after making a dedicated overload set for ice maneuvers and black mage bot (swapping to midnights since im not meleeing in this case anyways, karagoz farsetto, visucius's mantle, foire dastanas +1, burana earring, buffoon's collar, and enough int to be higher than my automaton for first 2 ice) it kept returning some weiiird burden. it's still adding +20 per instead of +15, and the amounts seem to tick down by 2 or more instead of 1 every 3 seconds. other times it ticks down every 1-2 seconds instead of 3. at one point spamming ice maneuvers right after activate, i got over 15 of them before overloading for 2 minutes, and yet burden tracker was saying i had 0 ice burden by the 12th.

Would like to have this more reliable, as i'm trying to see if i can get it to 7 ice maneuvers right after activating, allowing me to completely ignore condenser and just spam ice maneuvers.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

After reading the above post and playing this game for way too long, I realize that pup is the only job I know absolutely nothing about. Felt like I was reading about a different game, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Provolone View Post
    After reading the above post and playing this game for way too long, I realize that pup is the only job I know absolutely nothing about. Felt like I was reading about a different game, lol
    thats because pup is possibly the most difficult job other then blu
    but with all the control's pup has it might be even more difficult then blu

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I thought i remembered a method existed to have the console log print into a txt file, but you had to enter a command first?

In the luacore setting file there is 2 options to split the error lines up and to shorten the file locations. They are both set to true but for me it isnt splitting them nor usin shorter locations anymore. So now at my 800x600 resolution (i have to play it that small for less lag on this PC to dual box) I cant see the end of the errors i get, specifically with gearswap. So i usually dont even know what the error is, but usually i can see what line it is at and can figure it out from there, but sometimes the line is so long I cant even see the line number. Tonight I had such an error and it took me a good while to find the error, combing thru the whole thing (was missing a "then" I seem to be doin that alot lately). So if there is a way to print out the console log into a text file so i can just open that and find the error line number that would be great!

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Also Gearswaps Validate function is only lookin in my goblin bag and not any wardrobes now! I have the version from 16 days ago (the most recent on github)

EDIT only the validate inventory seems to not look in the wardrobes. validate sets seems to check wardrobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    I thought i remembered a method existed to have the console log print into a txt file, but you had to enter a command first?
    • console_log # - Saves the console output to windower\console.log
      • 0 = disable
      • 1 = enable

Relic Shield
    BG Level

ok thanks Dlsmd

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm having a problem running organizer on one of Chiyio's characters, its giving the following error:
    Organizer: Lua runtime error: libs/extdata.lua:1535: attempt to index field 'potency'

I can run organizer on another char on the same PC (while running at the same time), and I've even tried loading other lua's on this character and they run fine (even if it cant find most of the gear). Nothing in this gearswap file calls for pulling specific gear with augments.

The lua loads fine in gearswap without any errors.

I've reduced the gear swaps function to:
    function init_gear_sets()
    --------------------------------------
    -- Start defining the sets
    --------------------------------------
    sets.weapons = {main="Tsurumaru"}
    end

and it still gives the error. I've coped the rest of the code over from another working SAM lua, and it still gives the same error about the potency field.

edit: found the problem. He had some old un-auged Ebon gear with empty slots that caused problems with the code. Tossed it, and Organizer worked.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by AkirraKrylon View Post
    Posted this on the ffxiah forums as well. Hopefully someone has seen this issue or knows how to go about rectifying it.
    Spoiler: show

"First off thanks for coming into this thread at all! :D

I'll try to keep this as much to the point as possible. I've read a million other threads/posts from google searches and cannot get FFXI to work with windower no matter what I do. Windowed mode, full screen mode, borderless window, a ton of different resolutions and settings. It just refuses to launch with Windower.

Surface Pro 4
    Windows 10

FFXI works perfectly fine with vanilla POL/FFXI
    FFXI works perfectly fine with Ashita.

PoL launches fine with Windower
    FFXI crashes on the transition from PoL to FFXI with Windower. Every single damn time -.- /rage

PoL "closes" like it normally does, the window that FFXI would presumably be in opens but before any image or anything loads it closes and it throws a "PlayOnline Viewer has stopped working" generic error.

Tried looking at log files but nothing seems to make sense. A lot of the posts I have found say that some Windows 10 environments "just don't work with Windower/FFXI" but that just sounds like "who the *** knows".

Ashita is fine as an alternative but I always preferred Windower to be quite honest.

If anyone can help, I'd be forever in your debt! /bow

DirectPlay is enabled and all that jazz. Tried the run as admin/set compatibility mode to windows 8/7/vista. Tried literally every variation of settings but nothing =/"

Edit:

From the windows Event Viewer:

Faulting application name: pol.exe, version: 1.18.13.0, time stamp: 0x4e3bcddc
    Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00000000
    Faulting process id: 0x610
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d1d7bdccdb999f
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\pol.e xe
    Faulting module path: unknown
    Report Id: c65d5e6a-a9a2-431a-933c-7ccc24f256e7
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    - <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-07-06T19:38:08.071714200Z" />
    <EventRecordID>14411</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Security />
    </System>
    - <EventData>
    <Data>pol.exe</Data>
    <Data>1.18.13.0</Data>
    <Data>4e3bcddc</Data>
    <Data>unknown</Data>
    <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>00000000</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>00000000</Data>
    <Data>610</Data>
    <Data>01d1d7bdccdb999f</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\pol.e xe</Data>
    <Data>unknown</Data>
    <Data>c65d5e6a-a9a2-431a-933c-7ccc24f256e7</Data>
    <Data />
    <Data />
    </EventData>
    </Event>
    I recently upgraded Win7 > Win10 on my laptop (which played FFXI thru Windower just fine before,) and ran into the same problem. Went thru some of the same steps as you. In my case, I was able to bypass it by turning off the screen-dim for UAC. Works fine once again. ^^

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

This question might have been asked/answered, but i cant find it. I came back to playing after a 3-4 month break, and now Windower crashes from Firefox being used, possibly Flash related. anyone have an idea as to the cause/solution?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Sadly there is no good solution other than to not visit those pages on Firefox while playing XI or use an older version of Firefox and not let it update. Chrome doesn't seem to have that problem.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Had to switch to chrome

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Neoex View Post
    Had to switch to chrome
    You're making it sound like thats a bad thing. Atleast you werent forced into IE.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Modoru D'kkoru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Eh, unrelated to windower, but firefox v chrome is super subjective
    i prefer chrome because it's super minimalistic, but firefox has stepped its game up and does offer a good browser that doesn't consume monstrous ram over time

so they both have their pros/cons, yanno?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Chrome doesn't support noscript. It's the only reason i absolutely will not switch to chrome.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Scriptsafe

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I have a flash error with Firefox too, no idea what causes it but it makes my game lag bad until I restart it totally.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I cant use any of those browsers on my other pc when game is open without huge lag. but even without game open it is really slow. It didnt used to be. I notice firefox takes as much pc power as ffxi seems to alot of times. least on my ohter pc..