Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 291 of 307 FirstFirst ... 241 281 289 290 291 292 293 301 ... LastLast
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

How do I fix desynchronized send addons across multiple clients?

Usually its happen when I don't log both character on the same time.
    Does anyone happen to know?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

The fix has always been to relog onto both characters as far as I know. Think it only syncs when loggin on. I used to have this happen alot but its been a long while. Even when loggin on at separate times.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

There is no way you can fix it? Beside have to relog both character back same time?

Quote Originally Posted by limitedx View Post
    There is no way you can fix it? Beside have to relog both character back same time?
    have you tried filling out an error report here:https://github.com/Windower/Issues/issues

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The gnole in ambuscade shows up as using acrolith moves only thanks to battlemod.
    Fenrir mount is unsummonable via menu when shortcuts is loaded.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Hmm, I havent had any problem with Fenrir mount from menu. and also //fenrir on sch/rdm summons the mount with shortcuts loaded.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Maybe my windower isn't updating properly or something? I have noticed that it doesn't seem to download updates after it grabs 0kb of guildwork and goes straight to POL. I'll go test later. Googledrive bonus storage expired last night(I keep windower in there to not lose anything if my laptop dies) and google insists I have 81 gigs of files that aren't in the damn account.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Im on a XP machine and it has problems updating addons at least. It updates the base things like luacore and resources when they happen but mine doesnt update addons (my addon tab doesnt even have all the addons in the list it is sposed to). Its a XP thing that they alledgedly dont know why it happens (are you on XP as well?). So i every now and then go to github and download addons from that site.

https://github.com/Windower/Lua/tree/dev/addons

on the right it has how long ago it was updated. Usually i will download them all at some point, then just get the newly updated ones, eventually doin a full sweep again to make sure everything is up.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Any way to get chatmon to play nice with battlemod? Trying to set up enfeeble wearoff alerts for my alt and it isn't detecting anything with battlemod on (works fine with it off).

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hitome Naoki
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by dlsmd View Post
    1 what im betting is that FastCS is resetting your Config plugin's frame_rate_divisor back to 2 so change it in your FastCS settings xml file under frame_rate_divisor

2 all FastCS does is to send the command "config FrameRateDivisor 0" to speed through the CS's and then sends the command "config FrameRateDivisor (the number in your FastCS settings)" to slow it back down
    Spoiler: show
    Edit#1: Apparently, this is a problem when using FastCS and Unlimited (@60 FPS or uncapped) at the same time.

http://forums.windower.net/index.php...stcs#entry6616

1 ) So I appear to have an issue with the Config/Unlimited plugin (60 FPS/Uncapped FPS). I set FrameRateDivisor to 1 for 60 FPS. It works fine for a while until I get into a crowded area. After that, my FPS becomes capped at 30 and the FrameRateDivisor is set back to 2.

Is there a way to fix this or to force the FrameRateDivisor to stay at 1? If not, what are some ways to keep XI at a constant 60 FPS?

Edit#2: Here is a comment regarding FastCS and whether it is detectable or not:

http://forums.windower.net/index.php...tcs/?hl=fastcs

2) How does the FastCS addon function? I notice that when I turn it on in places like Walk of Echoes, I'm able to enter and exit Veridical Confluxes extremely fast with a brief burst of speed after exiting the cutscene. Does this appear as 'speed hacking' to other players observing your character? Should FastCS only be used for mission cutscenes or is there any way for SE to detect this?

Post Edit: If you haven't tried FastCS yet, I'd highly recommend it!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

1) Sounds like Arcon or someone has made an auto-capping feature that doesn't re-uncap quickly enough for you. IIRC FFXI animations are interpolated and rendered in integer divisors of 60Hz. So if your FPS is >30, FFXI renders it as if you were getting 60FPS. However, if you're only getting 33 FPS, the animations are going to take about twice as long as normal because it rendered 60 frames per second but you're only actually getting through 33 frames per second (60/33~=2). So all NPC interactions get really slow if you have FrameRateDivisor set to 1 (60Hz) and you're lagging down to the 30s. That's why it's beneficial to have something that caps you to 30Hz when your framerate starts dipping. The problem is that you have to somehow restore the original settings, which I think is currently done when you zone.

2) FastCS uncaps your FPS when you're in "event" status (FrameRateDivisor set to 0). Unless you tell a player to watch you, they probably won't be able to notice it. However, this addon can disconnect you if you dualbox because:
    * For some reason SE does the time-out determination in number of frames when zoning
    * Windower's settings API doesn't properly sandbox individual characters when using config
    * Config reloads itself from the settings pretty frequently (when you zone, I think), probably to handle the reset issue from #1
    * Character A can be in a CS (FrameRateDivisor set to 0) and Character B zones, in which case Character B DCs with a "still logged in" message when they attempt to log back in for like 2 minutes.
    It's annoying. I've stopped using it as a result. Most of the problems are with the plugin rather than the addon, but I'd say use this in moderation when it offers you a real benefit like when entering WoE.

Edit: Actually I just checked and there's nothing obvious in the config plugin that would ever adjust anything based on your FPS. I don't know why the game seems to cap you to 30Hz when you start dipping below 60. Perhaps that's something SE added.

1 what im betting is that FastCS is resetting your Config plugin's frame_rate_divisor back to 2 so change it in your FastCS settings xml file under frame_rate_divisor

2 all FastCS does is to send the command "config FrameRateDivisor 0" to speed through the CS's and then sends the command "config FrameRateDivisor (the number in your FastCS settings)" to slow it back down

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hitome Naoki
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Thanks a bunch, dlsmd. That was exactly the case.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hey guys. I'm trying to get the AutoRA app for Windower to work for throwing skill. Worked great for both Marksmanship and Archery but it bugs out using a chakram. Message says I need to wait longer. I've tried changing a bunch of the lua settings but have had no luck.

Anyone have any ideas on what needs to change in the lua for it to work?
    Thanks!

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by sanityvoid View Post
    Hey guys. I'm trying to get the AutoRA app for Windower to work for throwing skill. Worked great for both Marksmanship and Archery but it bugs out using a chakram. Message says I need to wait longer. I've tried changing a bunch of the lua settings but have had no luck.

Anyone have any ideas on what needs to change in the lua for it to work?
    Thanks!
    Prolly not what you want to hear but you could always level Ninja to skill throwing. Daken works wonders and procs very fast. Just an alternative.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I actually have Nin @99 and that was the job I was using to throw the chakram with. I was getting good skillup's on mobs. Hitting the ranged attack macro still sucks. I'm at 209 skill and its a long way to 400...

No worries I'll work it out. I know something with the lua is slightly off. I had changed a bunch of commands around but had no luck.
    Thanks for your reply though.

EDIT:
    Found the culprit: Lines 119 and 136, the @1.5 needs to be changed. I put it to @5 on both and it is working perfectly now.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

if ninja is the job you were skillin just equip a shuriken and let it skillup for you. then you dont need to throw a chakram. Dont throw the shurikens. just equip 1 and let daken proc. if you arent usin sange it doesnt use the shuriken and each time it procs u can get skillups.

Quote Originally Posted by HitomeOfBismarck View Post
    Post Edit: If you haven't tried FastCS yet, I'd highly recommend it!
    I was doing CoP on another character last night and a CS with the 3 taru kept getting stuck with FastCS on, didn't crash, just the next part in the CS never started.

Just a FYI.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is there something I have to edit in the default barfiller settings? It's drawing the text in the correct place for me, but the bar itself shows up all the way on the right side of the screen (half the bar is offscreen). The X/Y position seems right in the XML. Looks like there's some kind of alignment issue?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hitome Naoki
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I was hoping someone could help me with this issue. Unsure if it's Windower-based but I have a feeling it's due to an addon/plugin.

When I go to do One to Be Feared HTMB, I end up crashing when fighting Ultima weapon. It seems the crash always occurs when he uses one of his conal abilities:

Smoke Discharger: Petrification and earth damage
    High-Tension Discharger: Stun and thunder damage
    Cryojet: Paralyze and ice damage
    Hydro Cannon: Poison and water damage
    Flame Thrower: Plague and fire damage
    Turbo Fan Silence and wind damage

Last crash about 5 minutes ago was due to Smoke Discharger going off. I saw the damage on party members but then FFXI crashed.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any addons/plugins that you think could be causing this? Is there any way to debug this and figure out what caused FFXI to crash via Windower debug mode?

Making it impossible to farm this fight.