Closed Thread
Page 293 of 307 FirstFirst ... 243 283 291 292 293 294 295 303 ... LastLast
    Wordsmith Cookie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Recently came back to playing, wondering if there is a plugin for windower that is comparable to PlasticSurgeon?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

DressUp

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

If I'm multi-boxing, how do I create a config or init or whatever I need to do so that each character goes to a specific location on my screen without me manually moving it?

For instance, if I log in on character named "Buffy" I want the screen to move to

wincontrol move 0 530

after logging in without me typing it out.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

you could utilize autoexec. there is syntax for when specific characters log in to do such and such things. I dont know the info off the top of my head but i think its in the documentation section of windower site

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

<register event="login" silent="true" runonce="true">lua l whateveryouwantorwhatevercommandinitwhatever</register>

Campaign
    BG Level

A long time ago Iryoku developed a plugin (not an addon) to bind commands to G keys on Logitech keyboards.
    I wanted to change my keyboard and I was wondering if this plugin has ways to work with keyboards other than Logitech's? I grew so accustomed to this function there is no way I'm gonna be able to play FFXI without it now.

Campaign
    BG Level

Didn't name it but the name of the Plugin Iryoku developed is "Binder" btw.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

It's possible to add new input devices to binder. Iryoku did it for my G110 keyboard back in the day. These are the currently compatible devices: http://wiki.windower.net/doku.php?id=plugins:binder

Campaign
    BG Level

Yeah me and Iryoku added G19 together when I bought mine years ago (well, he kinda did all the work, I just provided G19 data )
    Wonder if Iryoku still hangs around Irc...

So basically if I were to buy a new Keyboard I would just have to go to him, use his software and provide him data for him to update Binder, right?
    Alas not many keyboards still have a lot of G-keys though, most of them have just a single row of 5-6 keys these days.
    Only one I can think of is the Corsair K95 but it's very expensive and doesn't get produced in a format for my language. Don't really want to pay that much for a NorthAmerican format Keyboard >.>

But I digressed, it's off topic to discuss my choices for new keyboard! Thanks Byrth for the info.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Not sure if this was just me, or this is well known. But, Scoreboard at least for me is not picking up Umbra or Radiance skillchains.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    A long time ago Iryoku developed a plugin (not an addon) to bind commands to G keys on Logitech keyboards.
    I wanted to change my keyboard and I was wondering if this plugin has ways to work with keyboards other than Logitech's? I grew so accustomed to this function there is no way I'm gonna be able to play FFXI without it now.
    I found a way around it to make my redragon yama work. Assign your ability to a combination of keys then record a macro for that on one of the g keys, boom. I have mines working as acc, casting and defensive sets on ashita.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Hello, I'm a long time player who has come back from XIV with the latest return home campaign. Up until a couple days ago everything was working fine for me until I went to do a quest in Kamihr Drifts and got black screened during a CS and had to force close windower. When I tried to log back in Windower crashed on the exchange from pol to xi, trying vanila pol got a direct 3d error. I have since gotten normal pol to run in windowed mode but windower continues to crash. I have done multiple file checks and deleted and re-installed windower several times but still no luck, I plan to reinstall the game this weekend when I have more time. I have read in this thread as well as in threads on the AH and windower sites that others have been having this issue but all those posts are old and I was wondering if another solution other than fresh reinstall my OS has been found? Currently running windows 10 with a core I5 and 16 gig of ram.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Anyone using bluguide for Windower and had a issue where it stopped being able to set/unset spells by clicking? All the buttons on its interface going unresponsive?

Any idea how to solve that? I tried reinstalling the plugin and windower ( deleting the whole windower folder even ) and the issue persists.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Ihzuna View Post
    Hello, I'm a long time player who has come back from XIV with the latest return home campaign. Up until a couple days ago everything was working fine for me until I went to do a quest in Kamihr Drifts and got black screened during a CS and had to force close windower. When I tried to log back in Windower crashed on the exchange from pol to xi, trying vanila pol got a direct 3d error. I have since gotten normal pol to run in windowed mode but windower continues to crash. I have done multiple file checks and deleted and re-installed windower several times but still no luck, I plan to reinstall the game this weekend when I have more time. I have read in this thread as well as in threads on the AH and windower sites that others have been having this issue but all those posts are old and I was wondering if another solution other than fresh reinstall my OS has been found? Currently running windows 10 with a core I5 and 16 gig of ram.
    Run FFXIConfig and set it to run full-screen. As I recall, Windower doesn't work perfectly if FFXI is running in a window itself. Only use Windower to make FFXI run in a window, full-screen borderless mode, or whatever you like.

Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

So has anyone had any luck actually using the Steam Controller with Windower? Everything I've googled and tried doesn't seem to even make the game recognize the controller, and googling only led to mostly other people who tried it as well with no luck. Works with the base game but obviously that's not happening. FF11 is literally the only reason I have to connect my PS4 controller to the PC and then I can't really play PS4 on the other monitor during downtime if that's the case. I could learn to play on keyboard but considering I've used a controller since PS2 days i'm kind of used to it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

could always get second ps4 controller?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness View Post
    So has anyone had any luck actually using the Steam Controller with Windower? Everything I've googled and tried doesn't seem to even make the game recognize the controller, and googling only led to mostly other people who tried it as well with no luck. Works with the base game but obviously that's not happening. FF11 is literally the only reason I have to connect my PS4 controller to the PC and then I can't really play PS4 on the other monitor during downtime if that's the case. I could learn to play on keyboard but considering I've used a controller since PS2 days i'm kind of used to it.
    i had the same hangup when my usb controller broke, not wanting to spend more on another, but turns out this game is very easy to adjust to kb/mouse

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by steellord View Post
    i had the same hangup when my usb controller broke, not wanting to spend more on another, but turns out this game is very easy to adjust to kb/mouse
    Only if you touch type. I can't play any game effectively with a keyboard. I have to look at the keys to hit the ones I want reliably. I just keep a stock of PS2 controllers and Super JoyBox 5 Pro converters. I still have 8 or so working PS2 controllers, and I use them for any PC game that I can.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

was doin mule gob boxes, when i went from my last one to main character i noticed a error in the console that repeated bout 10 or less times

CRITICAL ERROR: FAILED TO FIND Follow

it might have occurred earlier and i just didnt notice but it was weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    was doin mule gob boxes, when i went from my last one to main character i noticed a error in the console that repeated bout 10 or less times

CRITICAL ERROR: FAILED TO FIND Follow

it might have occurred earlier and i just didnt notice but it was weird.
    I just got it too on both characters - it happens on login.