Page 295 of 307 FirstFirst ... 245 285 293 294 295 296 297 305 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    This is likely not a strictly Windower4 related issue, but posting here hoping someone can make some suggestions.
    I recently swapped my GTX 670 for a new Strix GTX 1070.
    Now that I have multiple HDMI input I decided to connect my 1080p Plasma TV to the PC as well, together with my 1080p monitor.
    Atm I have the multimonitor Windows 10 mode in "clone screen".
    Basically whenever someone turns on (or turns off) the TV, Windows "detects" a new peripheral, and when that happens POL crashes for some reason.

Anybody got a clue how I could solve this? Other than the obvious "unplug the HDMI cable when playing FFXI!" or "turn the TV on before logging in!" suggestions
    I'm taking a wild guess here and say that it might be similar to the crash-on-load that is related to the screendim function of UAC. Maybe if you turn off the notification popups related to the 2nd monitor/TV, that might help too.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

my pc died, and so i have been starting over on this pc. on my old pc i used joytokey to make my left bumper on controller do alt and tab to switch between windows. it worked great! so i got joytokey on this pc and it worked the same.

and then the next morning there was a windows update and then the joytokey "alt tab" would work for every window except when ffxi is focused. so i can switch from notepad to ffxi but not ffxi to notepad for example. i googled it and found something sayin in windows 8 and up that alt tab might not be able to be put on a button, but it worked at least one day so i am not sure about that.

anyone know how to fix this or suggest a program that does the same thing as joytokey that might work? ive grown too used to the feature.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I want to use ChatMon to alert me when someone shouts or yells about Omen, but I can't find any guides that list where you put the info, or the syntaxes used. Anyone able to help, or point me in the direction of a good resource?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

edit again: no longer looks like a windower specific error. vanilla pol.exe crashes upon load by itself with this error found in event viewer:

Faulting application name: pol.exe, version: 1.18.0.0, time stamp: 0x45b0171b
    Faulting module name: d3d10warp.dll, version: 10.0.14393.576, time stamp: 0x584a766d
    Exception code: 0xc0000005

is this .dll something i can safely download and replace? tl;dr from previous problem was a working install of xi with windower that just all of a sudden stopped working, with seemingly no changes to my sytem.

edit: issue resolved, just resorted to a win10 reinstall and everything works like normal, no idea where all the problems came from.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Last few days gettin this error again. it only happens once instead of being spammed like it did before. and the only thing i am doin different is i started loading guildwork plugin.

CRITICAL ERROR: FAILED TO FIND Follow

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I recompiled guildwork but can't push it because Stan checks the current version loaded against the version on his server and unloads it/redownloads his if they don't match. So if there's a version mismatch, you end up redownloading a version every time you log in. I don't have the ability to push it to Stan's server, nor do I know who to contact.

On the upside, it's harmless.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

kk cool.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Kept getting spammed with this during ambuscade:

http://puu.sh/thlc5/dd739b90bd.jpg

typical after-patch stuff with things potentially breaking, but just wanted to bring this to attention.

This happened as blu/war engaging the nm when he had multiple auras up (mdef down, etc)

Campaign
    BG Level

I have a heartfelt request for Byrth or anybody else who likes to mess around with lua and addons, an idea for a new addon for Omen.
    I was envisioning something similar in concept to what "Reive" was for Coalition Reives in SoA.
    That is a small window that you can reposition to X,Y and that reports the currently active omens. I could report real time progress on each specific active omen and time left too, but honestly I'd be more than happy enough with a simpler thing that just reports the active ones with no additional information.

I have no clue if this sort of info can be pulled from packets, but a less elegant (and still effective) way to do it would be to simply parse the chatlog.

I don't hear anybody talk about it so maybe I'm the only one in the world who's uncomfortable with it, but I would really *love* to have such an addon.
    Looks like Omen is gonna stay with us for quite a while, so yeah, it would be awesome if someone could develop something like this :D

Campaign
    BG Level

Bump!
    I checked the "Reive" addon lua, and from a first glance I think the method it's using to get the Reive objectives etc could be 1:1 ported to Omen.
    Make so the addon starts when you zone into the Omen zone, and make it parse for those Omen messages.
    I think I saw in some thread somewhere someone who datamined all the objectives.

Making so there's a window on screen that tracks all the Omen objectives and nothing else should be very simple for someone competent with Lua, using the same approach as the "Reive" addon.
    Creating timers a bit more complicated, and tracking objectives real time even more, but frankly I feel like these 2 additional goals could be added at a latter time, if ever.
    Just having a window on screen with a summary of the currently active omens and nothing else would already be a bliss for me.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Is it possible to add an option to allow Enternity to skip lines with an item name in it?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Bump!
    I checked the "Reive" addon lua, and from a first glance I think the method it's using to get the Reive objectives etc could be 1:1 ported to Omen.
    Make so the addon starts when you zone into the Omen zone, and make it parse for those Omen messages.
    I think I saw in some thread somewhere someone who datamined all the objectives.

Making so there's a window on screen that tracks all the Omen objectives and nothing else should be very simple for someone competent with Lua, using the same approach as the "Reive" addon.
    Creating timers a bit more complicated, and tracking objectives real time even more, but frankly I feel like these 2 additional goals could be added at a latter time, if ever.
    Just having a window on screen with a summary of the currently active omens and nothing else would already be a bliss for me.
    I'm going to look into this, because it's something that I want as well.

Campaign
    BG Level

Hooray! It's gonna be awesome if you can develop at least the core of it, using Reive as general reference it shouldn't be too hard if you know your way around in LUA.
    Reive is slightly different.
    Addon activated when it saw the reive begun message. This new Omen addon wouldn't have to parse anything, it could start automatically when you zone into Omen zone, since it has its own zone, could use world-info or whatever else to make the service start.
    Then for the rest is similar in that both need to parse the chat log and create custom text lines into a custom window when certain text lines are found.

This would be the core of the addon and it's basically the same method for both addons.

For advanced functions (like tracking objective realtime and having a timer) it would need additional stuff, but that can honestly be done at a latter time, just having objectives on screen would be more than enough for a first release, as far as I'm concerned.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Does anyone have a Battlemod filter that filters everything except:

Party's actions on me
    Monster's actions on me
    Monster readying TP moves/spells
    My actions on monster

I am not good with lua, and I haven't been able to get it to work.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Khory View Post
    Anyone using bluguide for Windower and had a issue where it stopped being able to set/unset spells by clicking? All the buttons on its interface going unresponsive?

Any idea how to solve that? I tried reinstalling the plugin and windower ( deleting the whole windower folder even ) and the issue persists.
    I just installed this and the buttons are working as intended. But I can only see about half of the spell boxes, the rest run off the right side of the window. Is there a way to scroll over to them, or do I just have to change the resolution until the window is large enough for them all to fit?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by yankeestom View Post
    I just installed this and the buttons are working as intended. But I can only see about half of the spell boxes, the rest run off the right side of the window. Is there a way to scroll over to them, or do I just have to change the resolution until the window is large enough for them all to fit?
    is there a settings file in the addon folder that might have a pos setting? or try typing /addonname help and see if some commands come up?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    is there a settings file in the addon folder that might have a pos setting? or try typing /addonname help and see if some commands come up?
    It's not a positioning issue, it's screen resolution. :/ There are just so many blu spells that they run way off the side of the screen on lower resolutions. Is there a way to reduce the font size used for the addon instead? That should allow us old-laptop users to get the full functionality without plugging into an external monitor..

Relic Shield
    BG Level

i would assume the font size thing would be altered in the same way of my previous post. either a settings file or a command, most addons have a "/addonname help" that tells u everything or u can maybe comb thru the lua and see if there is one.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    i would assume the font size thing would be altered in the same way of my previous post. either a settings file or a command, most addons have a "/addonname help" that tells u everything or u can maybe comb thru the lua and see if there is one.
    its probably hard coded in to the addon because to resize the selection area on the fly is not as easy as you might think

have you tried to set UI scale to 1x in the windower settings

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Hooray! It's gonna be awesome if you can develop at least the core of it, using Reive as general reference it shouldn't be too hard if you know your way around in LUA.
    Reive is slightly different.
    Addon activated when it saw the reive begun message. This new Omen addon wouldn't have to parse anything, it could start automatically when you zone into Omen zone, since it has its own zone, could use world-info or whatever else to make the service start.
    Then for the rest is similar in that both need to parse the chat log and create custom text lines into a custom window when certain text lines are found.

This would be the core of the addon and it's basically the same method for both addons.

For advanced functions (like tracking objective realtime and having a timer) it would need additional stuff, but that can honestly be done at a latter time, just having objectives on screen would be more than enough for a first release, as far as I'm concerned.
    I don't do Omen, but if you tell me exactly what you want I can do it for you.

If you use logger and can grep the messages, I can do this pretty quickly i think.