Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 296 of 307 FirstFirst ... 246 286 294 295 296 297 298 306 ... LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I recently upgraded to a 4k tv, and now my mouse cursor is always about 6 inches to the upper right of where the cursor shows it to be.

That is to say if i want to click on something in the center of my screen during game, I have to move my mouse 6 inches away. I've done a bunch of internet searching but only came up with some old solutions. Any idea why this would happen?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Muay View Post
    I recently upgraded to a 4k tv, and now my mouse cursor is always about 6 inches to the upper right of where the cursor shows it to be.

That is to say if i want to click on something in the center of my screen during game, I have to move my mouse 6 inches away. I've done a bunch of internet searching but only came up with some old solutions. Any idea why this would happen?
    (Assuming Win10 with the TV plugged in to your computer as Display2)
    1. Right click desktop
    2. Display Settings
    3. Click on 2nd display
    4. "Change the size of text, apps and other items" to "100%" (slide bar all the way to the left)

Should work. ^^ For some super bizarre reason, I think that the default setting is 150% for secondary monitors which screws up lots of programs that don't rely completely on Windows settings. If you are using the TV as your primary/only monitor, try changing the resolution settings in Windower to 4k.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Well last night I logged out my main and logged into my dual box account to get his login points. For some reason opening windower 4 just brought up a breen square as usual and then nothing happened. After a few closing and reopenings to same result i just got my logins on vanilla ffxi. Ok so tonight i opened it and it was still doing just the green box ( i left it opened and came here and the windower official site.) apparently the windower official site is down I guess. But when I alt tabbed back to the launcher it seems to be acting normally now (got the profile selection window open and all that jazz)

So guess im just posting this to say "hey the official site seems to be down"

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Windower's server has been down since 4:40 yesterday morning. Aureus opened a help ticket around 8:30 and there has been no response.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Byrth, thanks for your continuous support to this and other threads, much obliged.

Is it possible to change the color of abyssea proc messages ? For example "It appears to be weak against dark element" can I change the color of this msg without affecting other system messages?

At many times, it is a bit difficult to distinguish proc hints from system messages without returning to your logs.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

It would be possible, yes.

The code would be something like:
    Code:
    windower.register_event('incoming text',function(original,modified,org_color,mod_color,blocked)
        local found = string.find(original,"It appears to be weak against")
        if found then return modified,5 end
    end)

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    It would be possible, yes.

The code would be something like:
    Code:
    windower.register_event('incoming text',function(original,modified,org_color,mod_color,blocked)
        local found = string.find(original,"It appears to be weak against")
        if found then return modified,5 end
    end)
    Thanks Byrth, I'll check it out.

Is battlemod capable of doing the above instead manually coding it?

Campaign
    BG Level

Question for Byrth or anybody competent with how incoming packets work.
    Do you know if the Omen specific messages (the objective ones) have a "field" somewhere in the packet that would allow us to instantly distinguish between them and other "normal" chat messages?

I'm still working on the Omen addon idea (will post plentiful logs soon if all else fails), but was thinking that if there's an immediate and secure way for us to tell which messages are omen-related from everything else, it would become incredibly simple to move those lines to a different custom-created window placed wherever you want on the screen.

I mean, all incoming chatlines should be individually inside packets received. I can deduce this for sure because I sometimes lose packets and consequentially lose single lines in the chatbox.
    I assume each chat packet has at least a "content" (where the text is inside) and maybe another information that holds the "type" of the chat line? Like "Server message", "Party message". Maybe there's an indicator for "omen message"?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

It would just be a message id in a normal message packet. The "type" is decided by the packet received, but it's done on client side and not usually specified in the packet. The actual text is most likely not sent in the packet either. While it may make for a slightly more robust addon if you log the message ids and figure out which are which(might already be in windower resources, idk), the path of least resistance is parsing the chat log.

Chat from other players comes in incoming 0x17, byte at offset 0x04 is the chat mode(determines whether it shows up as party, unity, linkshell, etc). The packet specifies player name and message explicitly. I assume that's what you're looking for, but I highly doubt omen messages use the chat packet.

There are a few different packets used for gameplay messages, not positive which omen uses. I assume it's 0x29, but 0x2A and 0x2D are also possibilities. There are others, but I find it unlikely they would be used for it. Any of these will specify a message ID, leaving the client to pull the text itself and apply any coloring or other effects based on the packet/flags sent and/or message ID.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lolwutt View Post
    the path of least resistance is parsing the chat log.
    Yeah, I already have prepared lotsa omen logs for that purpose, but before heading that route I wanted to know if it was technically possible to discriminate omen messages from other chat messages without resorting to chat parsing.
    Would've been cooler and cleaner, no?

And you're right about omen messages. In hindsight it makes sense the text is included in dats on the client, and the packet only holds the info to "call" the right message from the right dat.
    This means it could be ultimately easier to just parse the chatlog client-side instead of trying to catch packets =/

Meh, I'll share some of the logs later.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Using IDs from packets is still cleaner. Just not sure if anyone's reverse engineered those specific dats and if not you'd be basically redoing all of your logging to accomplish it.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mafai View Post
    I don't do Omen, but if you tell me exactly what you want I can do it for you.

If you use logger and can grep the messages, I can do this pretty quickly i think.
    I didn't GREP and I didn't paste a full log either, Left a bit of additional stuff in the first part of the log to give a rough idea.

http://pastebin.com/5kisEfd8

Basically each objective has a number, and you get update messages with the correspondant number. Every ~1 min you get an update on the currently non completed objs.
    Since you don't know how omen flows, here's a small recap.

It takes place in its own zone (ReisenHenge) => this could be used as a var to load up the addon
    There are two paths. Full path (5 floors. 1,2 have mobs and 3 objs, 4 has mobs and 5 objs, 3 miniboss, 5 megaboss) alternate path (3 floors. 1,2 have mobs, third has a higher than usual amount of mobs, and 10 objectives)
    There are also two types of objectives. MAIN objs (one per floor, needed to activate the warp to the successive floor) and additional objs, needed to get cards. You get a card every 5 objs and for that goal, both type of objs count the same.
    For additional obs you get a certain amount of time to complete them (see log), this amount is different for floor 1-2 (3 objs), floor 4 (5 objs) and alternate floor 3 (10 objs)
    The timer for additional objs starts the second you pull something.
    The timer for main objs starts when you get warped to the floor and you can see it in the upper left side of the screen.

The way I imagine the addon is a separate window (like TEXT's one) with customizable position and alpha. In this window you get a timer with time left to complete objs, then you get white text lines with the objectives currently active.
    This text gets recoloured blue when it's completed, and Red if you fail it.
    Additional but not necessary stuff would be partial completition for those objs which have it, doesn't apply to all.

Full list of additional objs that I can think of out of my mind (will report exact lines at a latter time, from log)
    Perform 18 Physical WS
    Perform 18 Elemental WS
    Perform 30 WS
    Deal 12 (18?) crit hits
    Kill 6 mobs
    Perform 18 Magic Bursts
    Perform 6 Skillchains (it actually has to be a 6step one iir)
    Perform 12 JAs
    Cast 18 spells
    Do one magic burst for 30k damage
    Do one magic attack for 15k without magic burst

Numbers inside these objs are kinda irrelevant because they change according to how many people you enter Omen with (the lower the pt members, the smaller the number)

Main Objs can be
    Kill one specific target
    Kill all targets
    Kill all sweetwater targets
    Kill all <something> targets
    Kill all transcended targets
    Kill the boss
    Open 2 Chests (mid run floor)
    Open 3 Chests (end of run floor)

You can also get free floors as well.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

For what it's worth, I had stopped researching what to do for this because someone else posted an addon over on FFXIAH:
    http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/50...gs/36/#3220492

It's not perfect, but prior to the most recent update it was working pretty well for me (after I modified the fonts and such). I don't know if it's been updated since, but it chokes hard on the new non-boss path, and also doesn't seem to register certain types of objectives as having been successfully cleared (30k WS dmg, 15k burst, etc).

Might be worth a look even as a reference or starting point.

Campaign
    BG Level

Uh... I didn't even know such an addon existed -.-
    Gonna send Braden a PM, to see if I or anybody else can support him into further developing the addon.
    Would need to be posted on a github though, kinda hard to work on it this way, and I don't even know where the latest version is.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

For the past ~2 days or so, my Timers settings randomly resets itself. For example, I've had graphical mode set to false since plugin had the option. I noticed that the graphical setting was set to true, so I went into the .xml and changed it back to false. Now whenever I reload the plugin or login, it's set back to true. Is there any way to prevent this?

EDIT: Sometimes when going to change the .xml the <GraphicalMode> section doesn't show up at all, along with a few other settings such as slimmode, showtenths, sorttype, etc.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

sometimes when the plugin is loaded while you alter and then reload it it will undo all you altered. If i have trouble like that i try to unload it while i alter it and see if it helps.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    The Underbog

Returning player looking for recommendations on which Windower plugins are best to improve quality of game-play (or distance panning) for making videos in game. I used to make them before, but I have long since forgotten everything.

Any recommendations?

Campaign
    BG Level

I've got a question about Battlemod.
    How are SC messages considered, which category?
    Say I want to filter all damage done but I want to see if a SC works or not on a specific target, regardless of the damage it does. Which way would I have to set filters as, or is that even possible actually?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

SCs are an additional effects on WSs, Spells (Immanence), and Monster Abilities (for pets and Tenzen/Shikarees). There's no way to filter them separate from the main associated damage.

Sheebs, you want to play with the settings in the Config plugin.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    The Underbog

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post

Sheebs, you want to play with the settings in the Config plugin.
    Thanks! I will check that out.