BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 298 of 307 FirstFirst ... 248 288 296 297 298 299 300 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Are you sure you have the right DirectX installed? Stupid UAC screen dim effect turned off? Seems to be the usual stumbling blocks.
    Yep. everything but windower seems to work. The closest solution was making sure directplay was installed and working, but that is indeed there. Vanilla XI works, Ashita works but Windower crashes from POL > XI launch.

Campaign
    BG Level

I want to know the feasibility of something.

I'm talking about an addon that takes chat lines according to a certain criteria, and writes those lines again in a customly created and configurable window, with timestamps.
    For instance: "The effect of xxx on monster yyy wears off" or "Monster xxx resists the effect of yyy" or "Spell xxx has no effect on monster yyy".

This would work through packets, so it would work regardless of your currently set chat filters (aside from packet-loss situations of course).
    Feasible or not? How complicated would it be?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Only action messages? Most of the work could be scavenged from battlemod.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Yep. everything but windower seems to work. The closest solution was making sure directplay was installed and working, but that is indeed there. Vanilla XI works, Ashita works but Windower crashes from POL > XI launch.
    There was a similar (same?) problem in the past (I think when windows 7 beta first launched?). For some reason directx wouldn't launch correctly when the game starts. For most people, opening internet explorer and leaving it opened allowed you to launch the game without it crashing. For me, just launching the game like this once or twice fixed it and then I no longer had to open ie every time (weird, I know, but I don't care enough to figure out why).

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by trv View Post
    Only action messages? Most of the work could be scavenged from battlemod.
    That was my thinking too!
    Main difference would be outputting those messages in a new, custom window.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

In terms of windower's text objects, very long lines would present a problem. There's no text wrapping, and it would be a pain to rig together.

Campaign
    BG Level

I see text wrapping as a minor issue that you could work around by setting up the minimum width to a certain value. Of course things could still get nasty if you have a target with a very long name, but without better instruments in our hands, I would consider it an acceptable solution to have a custom text window that works the majority of time, and cuts the end of a text line in some rare circumstances.
    Could also use custom lines to have shorter output messages.

So instead of "[12:20:05] The Effect of Inundation wears off on Targetwithasuperlongname" you could output "[12:20:05] Inundation OFF > Targetwithasup"
    This way the syntax would be shorter allowing you to save space, and target names would be truncated to a maximum number of characters.
    After that you set a minimum value for the text window width and there you have it.
    In such a scenario things wouldn't be perfect as they would with text wrapping, but it would still be an acceptable outcome if you ask me.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

trv's point is that knowing when a line is "too long" seems trivial but actually isn't unless you limit the users to fixed width fonts (like Consolas). Personally, I'd just go that route.

Campaign
    BG Level

Using fixed width/size text in conjunction with what I said sounds like a perfectly acceptable workaround to the lack of text wrapping in the "Text" library of Windower.
    I still didn't receive a clear answer about that though, would it be technically possible or not to do what I want to do?

I'd be able to do something similar using string.match for the incoming chat text, but that would work off your chatbox i.e. it would depend on your currently set filters etc.
    I have no bloody clue how packets work and how to interact with them. What would be needed here is *I think* reading the incoming chat messages and do a custom string search for specific messages. Once you find them report the whole text line (with a timestamp) in the customly created window.
    Then add a queueing system where you set a max amount of displayed lines value and start scrolling messages up as new ones income (this would be complicated because you would need to store messages somewhere, an array or something like that?)

Damn, wish I had the knowledge and skills to do something like this myself. Felt the need for an addon like this for years, must be a WoW habit.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

If the information that you want to port to a new box exists, it can be done.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I have a makeshift library for creating "scrolling" text fields. It would require a small change for this, though.

If you settle on a way to get the messages, I can make the needed changes. You may find the actions library helpful.

12. Moderated Post

windower crashes on windows 10

hello everyone i got ffxi to load on windows 10 with windower but it crashes after a few seconds

these the crash reports i got from debugging them
    ok so. game keeps crashing on windows ten these are the crash reports for it idk what o do to get it to work ;;

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ```````````````````
    [ 4.2.5564.39855 ] 2016-11-26 03:44:28.5056422 UTC
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Windower4\scripts\autoload\autoload.txt' because it is being used by another process.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
    at System.IO.File.Open(String path, FileMode mode)
    at #=qPVzKPXreBMK$G_TScC8d1Ctb_fGj44I1J70nspZgfgc=.#= q$pww7u7a8E5KBZ87oKIoig==(String #=qoOfmmNOMqhuJULvaMcWu2w==, #=qdWKs2YH5SnFgXJPCF1szgPXoHSmmSh4DrfoUED_SDBo= #=quTc0RVW0C2_5GERaxMw4LQ==, Boolean #=qhFOX1aUHv3mgiXMa34qGNQ==, TimeSpan #=qFEzHGxyOne7p37rEWbV8$w==)
    at #=qPVzKPXreBMK$G_TScC8d1Ctb_fGj44I1J70nspZgfgc=.#= qsKKl1l0g1HURDWit8B79Fw==(String #=qqKTShJx7xnazuWOpJ6ZDeg==, #=qdWKs2YH5SnFgXJPCF1szgPXoHSmmSh4DrfoUED_SDBo= #=qiV1cyIFi8uzxd23Z9RTz8A==, Boolean #=qvxtyf2yqPR87sOWe96PA4A==)
    at #=qvticlh8sdG9urHCodAc05R$Pt$DrlamfeVITJje_ohY=.#= qxA0hzrjWSVf3wZHstSp6qA==()
    at #=q4ao$U6CJ_ca3wGsQbteYRInNOUKn7px0EZirpC9v2dQ=.#= qRSqZ29WH0ZYrlsLq$sgMxA==(#=q9gJgdStyyOZoRfONVWlto g== #=qhFHi0z6eBl3jv5Ev3xCTig==)
    at #=q9gJgdStyyOZoRfONVWltog==.#=q1GDlKxdSu3j9WeEYkyu fMQ==()
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context( Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Exec utionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
    [ 4.2.5564.39855 ] 2016-11-26 03:44:40.6672949 UTC
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Windower4\scripts\autoload\autoload.txt' because it is being used by another process.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
    at System.IO.File.Open(String path, FileMode mode)
    at #=qPVzKPXreBMK$G_TScC8d1Ctb_fGj44I1J70nspZgfgc=.#= q$pww7u7a8E5KBZ87oKIoig==(String #=qoOfmmNOMqhuJULvaMcWu2w==, #=qdWKs2YH5SnFgXJPCF1szgPXoHSmmSh4DrfoUED_SDBo= #=quTc0RVW0C2_5GERaxMw4LQ==, Boolean #=qhFOX1aUHv3mgiXMa34qGNQ==, TimeSpan #=qFEzHGxyOne7p37rEWbV8$w==)
    at #=qPVzKPXreBMK$G_TScC8d1Ctb_fGj44I1J70nspZgfgc=.#= qsKKl1l0g1HURDWit8B79Fw==(String #=qqKTShJx7xnazuWOpJ6ZDeg==, #=qdWKs2YH5SnFgXJPCF1szgPXoHSmmSh4DrfoUED_SDBo= #=qiV1cyIFi8uzxd23Z9RTz8A==, Boolean #=qvxtyf2yqPR87sOWe96PA4A==)
    at #=qvticlh8sdG9urHCodAc05R$Pt$DrlamfeVITJje_ohY=.#= qxA0hzrjWSVf3wZHstSp6qA==()
    at #=q4ao$U6CJ_ca3wGsQbteYRInNOUKn7px0EZirpC9v2dQ=.#= qRSqZ29WH0ZYrlsLq$sgMxA==(#=q9gJgdStyyOZoRfONVWlto g== #=qhFHi0z6eBl3jv5Ev3xCTig==)
    at #=q9gJgdStyyOZoRfONVWltog==.#=q1GDlKxdSu3j9WeEYkyu fMQ==()
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context( Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Exec utionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

any idea whats going on?
    Moderated Post

Campaign
    BG Level

Windower4 not launching POL anymore after Windows 10 Creators Update.
    Win4 by itself launches just fine, but when it tries to launch POL nothing happens.

Anybody knows how to solve this?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

See if this works for you: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vvcy0cvtclmbpy3/v4.3.zip?dl=0

We're likely going to roll it out later today or early tomorrow.

Campaign
    BG Level

Was about to come here posting the previous link you left on FFXIAH forums.
    I see you guys solved the alt+tab issue.

Seems to be working fine for me! Thanks so much you Win4 folks

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Arcon just fixed one last crash and pushed it to -dev.

Delete your hook, download this to your windower folder, and run it: http://update.windower.net/dev/Windower.exe

Campaign
    BG Level

One crash I'm having is about the <stnpc> thing.
    Not a real crash, just runtime C error. When it happens you can still see the game running at super slowmo behind, but can't interact with it.
    Once you click "ok" on the error, the game disappears.

Couldn't find any other error (used the version you liked in the post before your last one)

Edit:
    The Win4 dev version Byrth just posted fixed the <st*> runtime crash error too

Campaign
    BG Level

May be a bit out of topic but... what purpose does the "Graphics stabilization" option within the FFXI config serve these days?
    I don't even remember why it was introduced to begin with, actually

What addon or plugin is that on the bottom of the screen, where it counts down the casting lockout?

Also, does anyone know how the lockout works in general? Will FFXI or Windower queue actions if I try to activate them close enough to the end of ability/casting lockout?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Just starting to get back into this and i'm sure its been answered before(however i can't find it). How do I limit my mouse to the game window only when i'm Borderless Window Never played XI with three monitor setup back in the day.