Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 300 of 307 FirstFirst ... 250 290 298 299 300 301 302 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

Radec

I had that same issue since the win 10 update. It also was blocking some other binds i had but those were removable in windows. I have no idea how i got to that option but i had unchecked everything window 10 related for keyboard shortcuts in that menu (of windows 10). But then the next day i hit F1 and windows key which i have binded for fillmode and it opened bing just like it did for you. I couldnt figure out how to stop that but was never a problem before.

the only thing i could find on google was some altering the bios or some shit that i am in no way advanced enough to not screw that up.

ice sylph

I have also noted some wonky things with various commands since having to switch to dev version. I assumed it was maybe send, but it wasnt everything I used for send, just particular things. And some of them would work sometimes, but never 100% failed or succeeded lol.

Ive always had an issue with when I switch to another window the window i switched from would occasionally act like a key was held down. but I assumed it was a controller issue as it only happens when i have one hooked up. Usually the non focused window would spam tab so it would scroll through all targets on screen really fast. but ive also had that mule starts running into a horde of mobs or whatever happen too lol. Todays update as Byrnth mentioned a couple posts up has a couple new options, one being a controller option. it lets you control the game if not in focus i believe. so maybe try toggleing that option and see if ur issue goes away.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I was also using a whole bunch of keybinds with the windows key as a modifier. Right now I'm trying to learn just enough about AutoHotkey to be able to regain the use of them. Learning AHK and running that separate program to send the keypresses to FFXI might be easier than retraining my fingers at this point.

Edit:
    This AutoHotkey script will let me continue using keybinds, with a caveat.
    Code:
    SendMode Input
    #IfWinActive ahk_exe pol.exe
    $*#1::Send 1
    $*#2::Send 2
    $*#3::Send 3
    $*#4::Send 4
    $*#5::Send 5
    $*#6::Send 6
    $*#7::Send 7
    $*#8::Send 8
    $*#9::Send 9
    $*#0::Send 0
    $*#-::Send -
    $*#=::Send {=}
    $*#F1::Send {F1}
    $*#Tab::Send {Tab}
    $*#e::Send e
    $*#r::Send r
    $*#d::Send d
    $*#f::Send f
    $*#c::Send c
    $*#b::Send b
    $*#p::Send p
    +LWin::Return
    #IfWinActive
    The caveat is that hitting the windows key and releasing it will take focus away from the game and open the start menu (in Windows 7, anyway). The +Lwin::Return line at the end is to help with this; if I hit the windows key, I can also hit shift before releasing it to prevent this loss of focus or triggering any other keybind in FFXI.

If anyone else decides to try using such a script, be sure to install AHK with the "Add 'Run with UI Access' to context menus" option. I need to run scripts in this mode for them to work, since FFXI is launched as Administrator

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Edit: Changed my mind on posting here.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I tossed out a help request here (and on the github,) a little while back about modifying the Logger addon to record game day/time and didn't get any bites, so I'll try again. ^^;;

Looks like the Wanted Dial is coming in May, so I REALLY want to get this done before then.. Any kind soul willing to give me the answer, point me towards the answer, or do it for me? All my attempts so far seem to consistently crash Windower. orz

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    I tossed out a help request here (and on the github,) a little while back about modifying the Logger addon to record game day/time and didn't get any bites, so I'll try again. ^^;;

Looks like the Wanted Dial is coming in May, so I REALLY want to get this done before then.. Any kind soul willing to give me the answer, point me towards the answer, or do it for me? All my attempts so far seem to consistently crash Windower. orz
    Something like this mess do the trick?

Code:
    [11:39:21] [Radec] Erratic Flutter → Radec || Darksday 18:24
    [11:39:22] Radec Erratic Flutter → Radec (Haste) || Darksday 18:25
    You can play with the format a little yourself, but seems reasonably stable.

Add this in/edit the file:append line in an existing logger.lua:

Code:
        res = require 'resources'
        gameday = res.days[windower.ffxi.get_info()['day']].en
        gametime = windower.ffxi.get_info()['time']
        gameminute = gametime % 60
        if gameminute < 10 then
            gameminute = '0'..gameminute
        end
        gamehour = (gametime - gameminute)/60
        inGameStamp = " || "..gameday..' '..gamehour..':'..gameminute

file:append('%s%s%s\n':format(settings.AddTimestamp and os.date(settings.TimestampFormat, os.time()) or '', text:strip_format(), inGameStamp))
    If you have timestamp loaded and logger adding timestamps it'll duplicate them once you add this for some reason, but easy work around turning one or the other off.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Radec View Post
    Something like this mess do the trick?

Code:
    [11:39:21] [Radec] Erratic Flutter → Radec || Darksday 18:24
    [11:39:22] Radec Erratic Flutter → Radec (Haste) || Darksday 18:25
    You can play with the format a little yourself, but seems reasonably stable.

Add this in/edit the file:append line in an existing logger.lua:

Code:
        res = require 'resources'
        gameday = res.days[windower.ffxi.get_info()['day']].en
        gametime = windower.ffxi.get_info()['time']
        gameminute = gametime % 60
        if gameminute < 10 then
            gameminute = '0'..gameminute
        end
        gamehour = (gametime - gameminute)/60
        inGameStamp = " || "..gameday..' '..gamehour..':'..gameminute

file:append('%s%s%s\n':format(settings.AddTimestamp and os.date(settings.TimestampFormat, os.time()) or '', text:strip_format(), inGameStamp))
    If you have timestamp loaded and logger adding timestamps it'll duplicate them once you add this for some reason, but easy work around turning one or the other off.
    I <3 you. :3 Been trying to get this working for like a year, will update with whether it works or not. ^^ I tried doing it with Timestamp for a long time til I noticed that the Timestamp appended info was actually not getting recorded by Logger, so seems funny that they double up otherwise.

EDIT: It worked! Mostly. Game day/time are logging properly, but or some reason, it is no longer including the real-time timestamp.
    EDIT2: Derp. Had to fix the settings.xml ._.;; Working perfect now, thank you very much. :D

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I'm having an issue with my controller today that I haven't had before. The game no longer receives inputs from the controller if the game window doesn't have primary focus and I'd like to change it back if possible.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by RalphTheDwarf View Post
    I'm having an issue with my controller today that I haven't had before. The game no longer receives inputs from the controller if the game window doesn't have primary focus and I'd like to change it back if possible.
    There is a new option in the launcher. Check your Windower profile.

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaEpyon View Post
    There is a new option in the launcher. Check your Windower profile.
    I enabled this, but when i dualbox both characters mirror shit.
    I'm also seeing 'stuck' alt/ctrl or other keys when tabbing around.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Also check the official fxi config program maybe? it had a controller focus option too.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

I may be wrong on this, but it looks like the controller option in windower is now overriding the ffxi config value. The problem is, when pol was handling it using the ffxi config, if you had controller enabled while not in focus, it would only apply this to your first instance, if you spun up a second copy of pol, it would automatically turn that option off (but crucially not cache it in the config, so next time you logged in with just 1 window it was fine). it also seemed to handle the 2 instances gracefully, ensuring that any gamepad input when focused on an instance, only went to that instance and any gamepad instance when not focused on an instance, only got sent to the first instance.

The result of this would be instance 1 - Pad enabled when tabbed out, however if focus was on instance 2, it wouldnt send it through to instance 1
    Instance 2 - Pad only worked when tabbed in.

The way it is now using the windower settings, it seems to be sent to all windows that have out of focus turned on. So if you have it turned on in windower and boot 2 instances up, using the pad in 1 instance, also sends those inputs to the second.

There is a bit of a workaround, but its not ideal, if you boot instance 1 up as normal, then when you load instance 2 up, turn the gamepad option off, you should find that instance 1 now behaves as you desire and doesnt send the input to instance 2. With instance 2 however you are pretty much locked in to using the KB, gamepad will work when tabbed on to instance 2, but any input also goes to instance 1.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Windower allows you to set the ffxi config value and respects it now, so technically its previous behavior was overriding the value. POL has never been designed to have multiple instances of itself open (and it doesn't work with the vanilla client), so there's no intended behavior for controller sharing built into the program. After they added the official windowed mode, they also added this controller sharing option for sharing with other games, but Windower had already solved the problem in a more kludgy way.

In 4.2, the client always believed that it had focus, so without any extra work from Windower if you multi-boxed moving the control stick would move every character you had logged in. To fix this, we selectively blocked controller input if 2+ clients were running and the window didn't have focus. If no instance had focus and there were 2+ instances running, no instance was supposed to move. This is mostly analogous to the current "Always Enable Gamepad"=Off setting, except that it won't pass-through if the client is out of focus with only one instance running.

In 4.3, we just tell the client whether or not it's in focus and let POL handle the controller behavior, which should be much more robust. You'll note that there are discrepancies between each of our descriptions of how it worked. This change should solve those discrepancies.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Ahh yeah that makes sense (& obviously your description of whats going on is more accurate than mine!). Ive just had a quick look and it seems to be working as described now so I may have seen the other behaviour on an older version!

Keep up the good work!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ever since the recent update, windowed mode, when maximized, has not been filling the entire screen for some reason or another. Is there any way to fix this so that I can't see what's behind it?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

While were discussing things with the newest windower:
    If i have one of my XI screens in focus, my monitor wont auto shut off after X minutes. Not that its a big deal since i can just focus on another program, but is that intended too?

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Ever since the recent update, windowed mode, when maximized, has not been filling the entire screen for some reason or another. Is there any way to fix this so that I can't see what's behind it?
    Yeah, this, it almost fills it, but the left side is exposed. Super distracting. It's kinda funny, one of the multiboxes crashed so it updated, one screen still covers perfectly and the updated one is messed up.

So, was torn on saying this or not, because one of two things will happen, good or bad etc.

The new update and the window that is in focus issue, is causing issues with 3pp. Running a bot on a character that isn't the main focus is broken. Commands (movement only I think) aren't being issued. If I'm running 2 accounts on a pc (one with 4.2 works perfect, and one with 4.3 is broken) if the 4.2 is in focus the 4.3 will stand still unable to move/follow, if 4.3 is in focus, 4.2 still works fine.

Unfortunately I never log out but one char crashed and got forced to 4.3 update.

Once the 4.2 one crashes and it's forced to update, this will become an issue... but already It's quite a big issue for others that 2box(with 3pp)

I love you guys, but when you fix shit that isn't broken and subsequently break it, it's really irritating u_u

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Lately I've been having an issue with full-screen. When my character is up the X in the top right corner is solid red. When I minimize, instead of taking focus away from the character I still hear background music like it's not minimized. It seems to be causing issues between windows when I dual-box as well. Any ideas?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

check your profile in the launcher. there are two new options that were mentioned on this same page. always play sound and always controller. It could be the sound option maybe?

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Windower stopped working for me mid last week.

Windows XP, Launcher 4.3.6328.2702, Hook 4.3.0.6

At first running windower just crashed and took pol with it, now it successfully launches pol, but then crashes, and no windower commands work within the game once started obviously.

The crash log is a mile long, but this is the header.

EventType : clr20r3 P1 : windower.exe P2 : 4.3.6328.2702
    P3 : 590424dd P4 : windower P5 : 4.3.6328.2702 P6 : 590424dd
    P7 : 8d P8 : 73 P9 : system.entrypointnotfound