BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 301 of 307 FirstFirst ... 251 291 299 300 301 302 303 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Iryoku found a fix for that and it will probably be pushed at some point, but I warn you that Windows XP is unsupported by us, Microsoft, and SE.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

I have and have had for a long time a set of custom keybinds using the windows key as a modifier (win+1 etc) but now they're not working and windows is just treating it as if I were hitting the keys without the game loaded.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Iryoku found a fix for that and it will probably be pushed at some point, but I warn you that Windows XP is unsupported by us, Microsoft, and SE.
    Figured it was an issue with XP compatibility.
    Appreciate it; good chance i'll get around to finally upgrading this summer..

Gave 5$ to bg and all I could think of was this lousy title.
    -____-

BG Level

EDIT: when I launch it from steam, it displays correctly on main monitor, so I guess my issue was narrowed down to windower.

So, I got a new computer and had to reinstall FFXI and Windower. I did that, but when I booted up the game, I had a slight problem. I could only see the top left portion of the game on my main monitor, and only the top right part of the game on my 2nd one.

This is an interpretation of what I see. The screencap was taken by my, but does not reflect what my eyeballs actually see.

My specs:

4k monitor (#1) 1080p monitor (#2)
    i7 7700k
    PNY Geforce GTX 1080 8gig
    16 gig ram

Windower settings and POL game's settings are set to be the same in terms of resolution.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Just to clarify, you made the window so large that it stretches across two monitors that are configured in screen extend mode?

Also, now Windower is enforcing a normal aspect ratio and that's causing a lot of the huge window to be invisible because your side-by-side 4:3 monitors are effectively being used as an 8:3 monitor, so you're missing the lower half of the window?

Gave 5$ to bg and all I could think of was this lousy title.
    -____-

BG Level

Someone on reddit found me a fix, here it is in case it helps anyone else. Credit to /u/kurgan78

Windows scaling feature for high DPI monitors.
    Either of these suggestions should fix it:
    Change resolution of FFXI to the scaled resolution (probably 1920x1080)
    Change Compatibility settings of pol.exe to "Disable Display Scaling On High DPI Settings"
    You can get to the Compatibility settings by right-clicking on pol.exe (or the shortcut that you use to launch the game) and on the Compatibility tab, check the box next to "Disable Display Scaling On High DPI Settings". It might also be labeled as "Override high DPI scaling behavior" depending on your version of Windows.
    EDIT: If you disable the scaling for pol.exe and run the game at 4K resolution, make sure to adjust the UI scaling in Windower or Menu Resolution in FFXI Config to a suitable resolution.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

So I just loaded Windower which prompted an update of plugins.
    Current ver. 1.18.15e
    As soon as I load POL, the cursor immediately jumps all over the window and repeatedly selects/cancels the option to exit POL. There literally is nothing else I can do but eventually close by 'X'ing out.

Anyone else having this issue?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

The current solution is to disable your controller in the POL config program (PlayOnline/SquareEnix/PlayOnlineViewer/polcfg.exe)

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Just logged in and it updated Windower again. My binds for gear swap are not working. If i "//gs reload" the binds will work again for a moment then go back to not working. So now every bind is not working at all.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

It's triggered by the window losing focus, but as for what causes it . . . \_('o')_/

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I believe the keybind issue has been fixed in the -dev branch with hook 4.3.0.8.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

It's triggered by the window losing focus, but as for what causes it . . . \_('o')_/
    As I mentioned here, it's apparently a Windows thing. :/ I've gone thru everything that I found searching for a fix myself, and it did reduce the occurance rate, but it still happens occasionally. It's not a Windower/FFXI only thing, (though I've only noticed it happening to me while Windower/FFXI is running,) and I've found complaints about it all the way back to at least ME.. The current behavior is that the current window is losing focus when the OS decides that it wants to switch focus to a unfocusable service for absolutely no perceivable reason. ._.;;

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

cair fixed it on -dev, as Zeta said. SE was making a new keyboard handle every time the window was re-maximized.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

cair fixed it on -dev, as Zeta said. SE was making a new keyboard handle every time the window was re-maximized.
    AH! That might explain what I was seeing then in the diagnostic tools I tried using. XD

Campaign
    BG Level

I noticed something "strange" with the latest versions of Windows 4.3 dev.
    Basically there is a new option for off-focus sound that you can turn off or turn on, but with whatever I set in there, the result is different from what I had before in 4.2.

Examples of 4.2 behaviour:
    Window on focus => can hear sound
    Window out of focus => can hear sound
    You use //game_minimize => can't hear sound anymore (except the chymes from chatmon)

Examples of 4.3 behaviour, "off focus sound" option turned to ON:
    Window off focus => can hear sound
    You use //game_minimize => can still hear sound

Examples of 4.3 behaviour, "off focus sound" option turned to OFF:
    Window off focus => can't hear sound
    You use //game_minimize => can't hear sound

Am I missing something here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    I noticed something "strange" with the latest versions of Windows 4.3 dev.
    Basically there is a new option for off-focus sound that you can turn off or turn on, but with whatever I set in there, the result is different from what I had before in 4.2.

Examples of 4.2 behaviour:
    Window out of focus => can hear sound
    You use //game_minimize => can't hear sound anymore (except the chymes from chatmon)

Examples of 4.3 behaviour, "off focus sound" option turned to ON:
    Window off focus => can hear sound
    You use //game_minimize => can still hear sound

Examples of 4.3 behaviour, "off focus sound" option turned to OFF:
    Window off focus => can't hear sound
    You use //game_minimize => can't hear sound

Am I missing something here?
    Same result I get now. I used to love that switching to something else would allow me to still hear the game, while minimizing it gave me a quick manual mute.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I havent logged in yet since that new update that you guys said fixed the binds. Does it also fix the windows key + F1 opening bing search for windows help? Cause in the before before times that never happened.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

The current solution is to disable your controller in the POL config program (PlayOnline/SquareEnix/PlayOnlineViewer/polcfg.exe)
    Thank you kindly.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Deftscythe View Post
    I have and have had for a long time a set of custom keybinds using the windows key as a modifier (win+1 etc) but now they're not working and windows is just treating it as if I were hitting the keys without the game loaded.
    Any help here?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

To Deftscythe-- We have talked about that issue within the last couple pages. Firstly are you using the developers version of windower?

For me when i hit say windows key and F4 for example some Windows feature tried to turn on. when the dialogue box came up askin if i wanted to turn on sticky keys or whatever there was a link to click to get to a menu that had a list of window key shortcuts. I turned em all off and from then on could use the windows key in key binds (since then I have no idea how i got to that menu without it linking it to me). Then a couple days later I noticed Windows key and F1 took me to a bing search for help. I havent figured out how to disable that, so i just moved that keybind elsewhere.

Then yesterday no keybind were working. I could reload my lua in gearswap and it would work for a moment but then it would stop. Since then there was an update to windower that has fixed that. That is all we know about the issue, maybe scroll a couple pages back for any info i might have neglected to say here.

To Windower Peoples--
    Having said all that tonight my keybinds are working BUT i just noticed when using the keyboard for macros. Control + macros is working. but ALT and macros when i hit enter it isnt usin enter. However on my controller both control and alt is workin normally. Im sorry im finding so many problems guys lol. Appreciate your helps!