Closed Thread
Page 302 of 307 FirstFirst ... 252 292 300 301 302 303 304 ... LastLast
    We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    To Deftscythe-- We have talked about that issue within the last couple pages. Firstly are you using the developers version of windower?
    Yes. For me, the issue is much more specific, only affecting binds that use windows key. The fact that things degraded over time for you is def troubling.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

No I specifically mentioned I use window key binds... like i said i have gotten use of all of them back EXCEPT the windows key + F1 which opens internet explorer bing search for help for windows 10. If when you hit the window + whatever key a dialogue box comes up see if it has a link to a menu. if not you might have to search your settings/control panel for the menu to turn them off (assuming you are on windows 10?) There was a list of at least 5-6 features that had keyboard shortcuts using windows key + Function key. I just unchecked all the boxes. There was no option for F1 however which sucks.

Also I think I have figured out why my dualbox is just running off and shit. I use scripts to use numpad keys to make him stop autorun (numpad7 for example). For example i made an toggle for a follow option. So when I go idle AKA i just killed a monster it, if turned on, it sends a command usin the send addon to my dualbox to "/follow Trumpy". When ever i need a numpad key press i have it use a script. So when I engage if i have the assist toggle on it will send to my dual box a command to follow the mob (so that my dual box runs up to it) and about 3 seconds later it uses a script to hit numpad 7 (which should stop the follow). I was just noticing the numpad7 key script isnt activating at all UNTIL i tab over to my dualboxed character and then ill see it go off (it will say in chat log "Follow canceled." but only after i switch to it). Its like scripts only want to run when the window is in focus now. So if i dont switch over to my dual box after the mob is dead, he still has autorun activated and just runs off. Been tryin to figure out why that was happening all this time lol. It was working fine before all this windows 10 hubalub.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Also now there is a noticable delay when switching between two characters to when the controller starts working. Keyboard controls seem fine.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

My dev build updated this morning. I have logged on this morning and noticed wherever I use my keyboard in or out of game (even when typing this) my character is running around. I double box regularly and both characters will run along x.x

Edit: Fixed with lastest hook

The sound on dev seems back to how it originally was - plays when tabbed to something else, mutes when minimized. Thanks so much!

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

On the current Dev build, and got a problem.

When there are 2x instances active, any/all keyboard input (possibly other forms as well) is being received by the first instance that was opened. Tried switching the order that I open the accounts and the same behavior occurred, so it's definitely connected to the order that the instances are opened. The 1st instance opened is receiving the same input when I try to control the 2nd account, AND this is also occurring when neither instance has focus. While typing this, I held the numpad "6" key down, tabbed back to the ffxi instances and the 1st account character had moved, so it's definitely "always active" for some reason now..

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Are you sure that you relogged both since the last hook update? Weird things can happen if you're running with two different hooks.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Are you sure that you relogged both since the last hook update? Weird things can happen if you're running with two different hooks.
    Yeah, both were logged in w/in 30secs of each other, and I did shutdown/relog to switch account order to test. I just decided to try again and saw new resources get downloaded, so will update in a bit.

TBH, if the behavior was controllable, I'd actually like to have access to it occasionally. XD Just ran thru a couple Mog Gardens in half the time since the actions were being mirrored in both clients.

EDIT: After the new resources, it's back to normal. ^^ Now I will stop using my warp rings when selling crap on my other character. XD

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Yeah, both were logged in w/in 30secs of each other, and I did shutdown/relog to switch account order to test. I just decided to try again and saw new resources get downloaded, so will update in a bit.

TBH, if the behavior was controllable, I'd actually like to have access to it occasionally. XD Just ran thru a couple Mog Gardens in half the time since the actions were being mirrored in both clients.

EDIT: After the new resources, it's back to normal. ^^ Now I will stop using my warp rings when selling crap on my other character. XD
    So, what did you do to stop this? Currently running around in circles on two different screens and becoming very frustrated lol

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Bail View Post
    So, what did you do to stop this? Currently running around in circles on two different screens and becoming very frustrated lol
    XD I fully shutdown both instances, then restarted them. When I did, Windower downloaded some new resource files and everything was back to normal once I got into the game. I'm using the dev branch as well.

Now I'm confused. I rebooted and Windower dev updated this morning. It's now back to audio only playing when it's in focus, muted when I tab to something else. I'm also getting a stutter every 4-5 seconds. I've made no changes/updates to my system, nothing new is plugged in that wasn't before, etc.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Commskywalker View Post
    Now I'm confused. I rebooted and Windower dev updated this morning. It's now back to audio only playing when it's in focus, muted when I tab to something else. I'm also getting a stutter every 4-5 seconds. I've made no changes/updates to my system, nothing new is plugged in that wasn't before, etc.
    Windower has a new hook because Windows 10 Creators Update broke the old one. As a result, some things work differently now. Go into the Windower launcher and choose Edit (pencil icon) -> Game -> Always Play Sound -> On.

Quote Originally Posted by Subadai View Post
    Windower has a new hook because Windows 10 Creators Update broke the old one. As a result, some things work differently now. Go into the Windower launcher and choose Edit (pencil icon) -> Game -> Always Play Sound -> On.
    I've been on dev for 3+ weeks since I updated to Creators. If you read a few posts back in this thread, you'll see what I'm talking about. All weekend it was back to how it used to be pre-Creators, and only today after Windower updated did it go back to the way Sechs and I mentioned.

Specifically, read this post: https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/11...=1#post6894545

Always On means it doesn't mute the game when I minimize it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

at that bottom of the link you just posted does that mean we can go back to Live version now?
    By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-05-09 22:00:29

Hello~

I quietly moved the dev version of hook and launcher to live earlier today. This should address a number of issues including:

* A fix for setkey use in the background
    * A fix for controller delay after switching windows under certain conditions
    * Proper functionality for "Always Enable Gamepad". As a note, this setting properly handles DirectInput gamepad devices, but for XInput devices, if this setting is on, you will control all FFXI instances simultaneously.
    * Proper functionality for "Always Enable Sound".
    * Minor performance fixes.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Anyone got a working link to modified map dats? Nothing on windower's forums works anymore.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    at that bottom of the link you just posted does that mean we can go back to Live version now?
    Switching to live at the moment will be the same as dev.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Windower isn't loading the new crafted gear within gearswap. Any ETA on resource update for the patch, or did mine not update for some reason?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    Windower isn't loading the new crafted gear within gearswap. Any ETA on resource update for the patch, or did mine not update for some reason?
    Ea gear swapping fine. Are you sure you have no typos?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Ea gear swapping fine. Are you sure you have no typos?
    I think I know what I messed up. I didn't have Update running, so my Windower updated resources, but it didn't auto-reload my addons with them. Your post made me remember that, thanks.