BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 52 of 307 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Those values are named "param_2" and "param_3" in Lua. I split param_2 and param_3 apart arbitrarily because it didn't make much sense for ratings to start at 64 and go to 72.

"param_2" corresponds to the monster's TW/EP/DC/EM/T/VT/IT rating. It is blank in the case of NMs because they use a message from the .dats that doesn't have a variable field.
    "param_3" has an unknown function, but it is always 1 for check messages afaik.

These take different meanings when transferring a "Time Remaining (XX:XX:XX)" message when you try to use a JA before it's back up.

When analyzing the action/action_message packets, it's necessary to remember that SE is mostly only sending the information that we need in order to coordinate the animation, log message, and client changes. Out of all the crap I've looked at trying to make something that mimics the normal chat log, I have only found three values that I didn't expect:
    1) Monster Level (out of left field)
    2) Gauge Rating (depends on CHR, doesn't depend on MAcc. May be an exact measure of your resist rate. I think I display this.)
    3) Spell Recast (I just didn't expect this)

There is really only one field left where I have 0 idea what it does ("inner unknown"). There's also a mysterious missing Category, 10, which probably exists for JA "Readies" messages that we don't actually have because you don't "Ready" JAs.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Just seems odd that they'd send the level and not the defense and evasion values, considering they're used pretty much the same way. Oh well!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

They hard-code evasion/defense checks in the actual message. They have 9 different messages for the different combinations (170~178), so there's no reason for them to pass the defense/evasion information. The real question is why they pass level information at all. I'd guess that it was a late development decision to not show the actual level of monsters and they just never bothered removing it from the packet.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Yeah, I went and played around a bit more and noticed that rather quickly. I just don't see why they're sending the level to the client. And the value preceding level always seemed to have an int value of (Level*256)+1. *shrug* As I said before, oh well!

Requiescat in pace.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Is there some way to see monster level without battlemod? Like Tparty or something?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by grevenilvec75 View Post
    Is there some way to see monster level without battlemod? Like Tparty or something?
    It's not sent constantly, from what I understand it's only on /check. I'm actually pretty surprised about this, only found out today. This will be useful... also, mob information (including level) will be displayed when Infobar gets updated/remade.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Any chances on more configuration options on timers? (Unsure if some of these are already configurable on there)

1. Being able to block buffs you don't want displayed. Being on rdm and individually protect/shelling every member makes my timers incredibly difficult to read because there's so much nonsense.
    2. Reorder the buffs? So the ones that are about to wear off are at the bottom, rather than the top. Just a personal thing, but based on where I have them in my screen, I always start from the bottom and go up.
    3. Change the coloring/blinking/whatever as recast/buffs are about to wear? The yellow blinking is annoying, and seems short lived so I never really notice it. I would much rather have it be a solid color for say, 10 seconds, before the buff is about to wear, or when the JA is about to be ready again.
    4. Have the buff remain on the screen after it's worn off for a few seconds.

I realize it's a lot, and mostly not very important stuff, but it would be nice.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    1. Being able to block buffs you don't want displayed.
    If you followed the steps to update the timers.xml and have the new configuration file you can do this.
    There are two modes that you can activate: Whitelist and Blacklist.
    Then there are two lists that you can fill, one for Recast and one for Buffs.
    Whitelist mode will display only the stuff you put in the list.
    Blacklist mode will display everything that is not in your list.
    Mode is global for the whole addon. I.e. you cannot put Recast part on blacklist and Buff part on whitelist.
    It's one mode, either one, for both.
    Lists are separate instead, as mentioned earlier.

Being on rdm and individually protect/shelling every member makes my timers incredibly difficult to read because there's so much nonsense.
    I have the same issue but can't get a good solution.
    I like to track AoE Protect (accession) but I don't want to track single target one.
    Yet I can't turn one off and keep the other on (could do it with Protectra of course, but RDM and SCH dun' have it )

3. Change the coloring/blinking/whatever as recast/buffs are about to wear?
    Think you can already change this with a different RGB value.
    Don't think you can set the time though. Would love to change this myself.

4. Have the buff remain on the screen after it's worn off for a few seconds.
    WIP
    Think I read somewhere it's gonna do this eventually, give it time.

Requiescat in pace.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    It's not sent constantly, from what I understand it's only on /check. I'm actually pretty surprised about this, only found out today. This will be useful... also, mob information (including level) will be displayed when Infobar gets updated/remade.
    Bah I dont use Infobar either.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Are there any places on the Windower 4 website that give explanations on what each plugin/addon does? Many of them I have no idea how they work, especially the addons, which don't even have a description in the windower launcher.

I couldn't find anything on the website forums like that.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    If you followed the steps to update the timers.xml and have the new configuration file you can do this.
    There are two modes that you can activate: Whitelist and Blacklist.
    Then there are two lists that you can fill, one for Recast and one for Buffs.
    Whitelist mode will display only the stuff you put in the list.
    Blacklist mode will display everything that is not in your list.
    Mode is global for the whole addon. I.e. you cannot put Recast part on blacklist and Buff part on whitelist.
    It's one mode, either one, for both.
    Lists are separate instead, as mentioned earlier.
    What delimiter is used in the blacklist/whitelist?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Dammerung View Post
    What delimiter is used in the blacklist/whitelist?
    Try pipe "|"

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Are there any places on the Windower 4 website that give explanations on what each plugin/addon does? Many of them I have no idea how they work, especially the addons, which don't even have a description in the windower launcher.

I couldn't find anything on the website forums like that.
    If you go here and click on the individual folders, a "readme" file will pop up that tells you what they do in more detail:
    https://github.com/Windower/Lua/tree/master/addons

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Mafai View Post
    Try pipe "|"
    Thanks, that worked.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by pieceofsoap View Post

Currently running Windows 7, every time I try to load scoreboard I get these messages, including when the game first boots up. I installed it via Windower, I see people talking about unloading scoreboard, but I cant unload since its not loading in the first place.
    Am I making a bonehead mistake? Searching the thread for scoreboard doesn't show anything like this issue that I've seen, (Help me out!)
    Sorry I didn't see this sooner, but thanks for sorting it out, Arcon.

Feel free to PM me on FFXIAH or Guildwork if you're having trouble with Scoreboard. I don't check BG much.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by grevenilvec75 View Post
    It's available in Lua addons as some variable, but other than that you'd need to look at incoming packets yourself atm.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I'm looking at integrating aftermath into StatusTimers but am having some trouble calculating the duration correctly. Anyone have any input?

I started with relics and was expecting 20>40>60 but that's not right. Is BGWiki not updated for relics? It seems at level 99 their durations can't be 20>40>60

Campaign
    BG Level

Can you change the font size of StatusTimers?
    It's a bit too big for my tastes, covers too much of the icon.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Can you change the font size of StatusTimers?
    It's a bit too big for my tastes, covers too much of the icon.
    It looks hardcoded to Tahoma size 7, allowing it to be resized would likely throw it off center.

Putting this here again so that its not lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafai View Post
    I'm looking at integrating aftermath into StatusTimers but am having some trouble calculating the duration correctly. Anyone have any input?

I started with relics and was expecting 20>40>60 but that's not right. Is BGWiki not updated for relics? It seems at level 99 their durations can't be 20>40>60

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

There were some old reports that some relics were 30/60/90 (like Spharai) instead of 20/40/60 (like Apocalypse). It might depend which relic you test with.

Closed Thread
Page 52 of 307 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast