BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 54 of 307 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    No. Something about the way LuaCore is implemented makes it so that including a busy-wait function would freeze the game until the wait is over. The way to handle delays at the moment is use send_command('wait X;lua c <addonname> <command>'). Then you interpret the command in your event_addon_command function.
    Busy-wait is almost the definition of freezing, non-busy wait would be what we'd want. But since Lua is running in the main game thread, even that wouldn't help, even if there was a sleep function, because it would sleep the entire game.

But as was mentioned, send_command('wait x;lua c <addon> [commands]') works as a workaround, though send_command('wait x; lua i <addon> <function> [commands]') may be better, as you can call arbitrary functions with that. For example, if you have defined a function "enter" to do the key press, you can invoke it with "lua i <addon> enter".

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Sometimes my plugins and addons that display things to the screen will display incorrectly, with ever increasing amounts of blank space. Not sure what's causing it, but I've encountered it in ohshi and attainment and it's very irritating, because eventually the blank space begins to push the actual information off the display.

My friend mentioned that there was a guildwork post about this at some point but I missed it and it's not really easy to find in that hot mess.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Finally got it working, thanks everyone!

Campaign
    BG Level

No clue if this is known or if it's caused by windower4 or some addon/plugin (I assume so?) but I'm experiencing an odd bug.
    On my main I'm in abyssea and on a regular basis I get message of my buffs/visitant status wearing off, altough they do not wear... but I still get the message like they did.
    The fook?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

If that's the glitch I'm thinking of (where it spams you a ton?) then it has been in Abyssea since release.

Campaign
    BG Level

spams every 4mins, approx
    could be, sorry for the false alarm then, first time I see it happening to me.

Ever since I began using Windower 4 Beta I have an odd freezing issue (usually 1-2 daily). The screen will completely freeze up, but if I look at my roommates character I can see that my own character can still move around, use macros, etc...It's just the actual screen that freezes. Has anyone else experience this problem or know a solution for it?

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

What's the battlemod2 filter setting to allow me to see attacks from things like iron giants, shinryu etc > self? Currently normal hits do not display

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Hmm.....

Those count as weaponskills (category 11?) and I wouldn't expect them to be filtered by anything other than <all></all>. I'll have to check tonight.

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

All my all's are false, all my monster>monster is false, all monster>me is false

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Radec View Post
    All my all's are false, all my monster>monster is false, all monster>me is false
    Its likely being filtered out by the color code filter and not reinserted because this attack type isn't mapped yet.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

No, I mapped it. It's supposed to show up as "special attack". I just have to figure out why it's not.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Has anyone been able to use the new wardrobe4 in the wind4 ?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Trying to get the test server working with Windower v4 & its plugins. First few attempts, POL crashed immediately as my character appeared in Al Zahbi. Next, I tried disabling all plugins (turned them to "OFF" position), and I was able to login without crashing. Tried turning on a few plugins at a time, trying to isolate the problem, but then I noticed the plugins that were loaded weren't working anyway, so I gave up for now...

Few questions:

1) Any idea what is causing POL to crash? I only use a handful of what I'd imagine are pretty common plugins.

2) Why are plugins that do load not functioning at all? For example, if I set the Timestamp plugin to "ON" and launch, there are still no timestamps in the chat window. If I enable Spellcast and launch, and can see it loading normally in console as my character logs in (shows the xml file loading, etc), there are still no gear changes when I cast.

3) How can I load plugins in-game on the test server? Typing "//load plugin_name" does nothing. If I type "load plugin_name" in console, it says it loaded, but doesn't actually function.

Thanks!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Both chat input and output are broken on the test server, meaning // commands won't work (hence it works in the console but not from the chatlog) and outputting to the chatlog also doesn't work, so you won't see timestamps and things like that.

The crash on login is also known, although it's not fully sure which plugin is causing it (I think Guildwork).

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    The crash on login is also known, although it's not fully sure which plugin is causing it (I think Guildwork).
    This inspires me to again bring up a question I'd asked previously: is there any means of activating more robust logging (e.g., debug logging) for all of Windower's functions? Ideally, I'll always have a debugger running (especially while I'm at work, where I should), but in cases where I blue screen or otherwise don't have a DMP, it would be nice to have something to analyze and/or provide.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    Both chat input and output are broken on the test server, meaning // commands won't work (hence it works in the console but not from the chatlog) and outputting to the chatlog also doesn't work, so you won't see timestamps and things like that.

Thanks for the info. Any idea why Spellcast won't work for me?

I just logged in with Timers, Distance, and Spellcast as the only plugins turned "ON" in the Windower GUI. Timers & Distance are working, but Spellcast isn't doing anything. I can see my XML successfully loading on startup or job change, but no gear swaps occur when I cast. If I hit my Idle macro that's triggered by Poison V, I just get "...A command error occurred." in the chatlog.

Campaign
    BG Level

I'm not particularly confident with these instruments so I'm gonna ask here.
    Would leaving a short comment on the Windower4 team twitter concerning XI-utils be considered an annoying and off topic thing to do? Or would it on the other hand the right way to give them a feedback in the fastest, most efficient and least annoying way?

I'd probably need to do one of those 1/2 + 2/2 double twitter post. I've hardly ever used Twitter, seen people doing this but I have no clue if it's considered a "rude" thing or not by other twitter users.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    I'm not particularly confident with these instruments so I'm gonna ask here.
    Would leaving a short comment on the Windower4 team twitter concerning XI-utils be considered an annoying and off topic thing to do? Or would it on the other hand the right way to give them a feedback in the fastest, most efficient and least annoying way?

I'd probably need to do one of those 1/2 + 2/2 double twitter post. I've hardly ever used Twitter, seen people doing this but I have no clue if it's considered a "rude" thing or not by other twitter users.
    https://github.com/Windower/Issues/i...e=1&state=open
    Try here for bugs, suggestions, ideas.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Kohan View Post
    This inspires me to again bring up a question I'd asked previously: is there any means of activating more robust logging (e.g., debug logging) for all of Windower's functions? Ideally, I'll always have a debugger running (especially while I'm at work, where I should), but in cases where I blue screen or otherwise don't have a DMP, it would be nice to have something to analyze and/or provide.
    I would love that myself, but all I know is that some plugins (of the ones with a settings XML in Windower/plugins/settings/) have a hidden debug option, so you can add <debugMode>true</debugMode>, and it'll create debug logs for them in a separate folder (Windower/plugins/debug/<name>.log, iirc). But there's no feature like that for the Hook, at least not as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooly View Post
    Thanks for the info. Any idea why Spellcast won't work for me?
    Sorry, I was being a bit unclear, when I said no chat input works I meant nothing at all Windower does through the regular input channels. Spellcast only sends equip commands, it does not inject packets or anything, hence, it doesn't work.

Closed Thread
Page 54 of 307 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 ... LastLast