BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 55 of 307 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 ... LastLast
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesandsex View Post
    Sometimes my plugins and addons that display things to the screen will display incorrectly, with ever increasing amounts of blank space. Not sure what's causing it, but I've encountered it in ohshi and attainment and it's very irritating, because eventually the blank space begins to push the actual information off the display.

My friend mentioned that there was a guildwork post about this at some point but I missed it and it's not really easy to find in that hot mess.
    Sounds like a known issue which has no workaround that I know of right now.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Subadai View Post
    Sounds like a known issue which has no workaround that I know of right now.
    That's the issue yes.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

A Sandbox plugin is ready for testing. This should prevent the chatlog crash when multiboxing. Please report if it doesn't work for you, as testing on it was somewhat limited (it's a rather temperamental bug, hence testing doesn't come as easy with this one). It's both autoload friendly and can be loaded while the game is running, however, when loading in a running session, the chatlog will only scroll back up until the point where it has been loaded.

Trying to load battlemod, getting addons\libs\config.lua:102: attempt to call method: 'merge' (a nil value)
    What do I need to change that to?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Probably nothing. Your lib directory got screwed up somehow. Delete it and re run the launcher maybe.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    A Sandbox plugin is ready for testing. This should prevent the chatlog crash when multiboxing. Please report if it doesn't work for you, as testing on it was somewhat limited (it's a rather temperamental bug, hence testing doesn't come as easy with this one). It's both autoload friendly and can be loaded while the game is running, however, when loading in a running session, the chatlog will only scroll back up until the point where it has been loaded.
    /joy. I'll try this out in a few hours after dynamis. Will this prevent the chatlog mixing, and not just the crash issue?

Got it, thanks. It didn't download itself so I just replaced it with the one from the master list. I must have had an older version of it, there's at least a half dozen lines different than the other one that I can see.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Why does the reive addon keep a running total even after my current reive ends. As soon as I join a new reive, my exp/bayld from the previous reive is still shown in the box.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by TybudX View Post
    Got it, thanks. It didn't download itself so I just replaced it with the one from the master list. I must have had an older version of it, there's at least a half dozen lines different than the other one that I can see.
    Just a note, if you run into this kinda issue again, you can always delete the file with the issue and open launcher. If it's something in the libs folder, launcher will automatically download it. If it's an add on, delete the adding folder and Re - download the whole add on by clicking the download button for that addon. If the problem persists, the issue is most likely in the addon itself. If that's the case, most of us have issue trackers set up. I'm gonna talk to aureus and arson about possibly setting up a sort of "addon developers profiles" section of the windower forums where we can have things like links to our issues trackers.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    Well, I've not crashed, and my logs haven't been mixing. But I've yet to retain more than half a page of text when my log is expanded. Sometimes the log gets wiped when I exit expanded mode. Also, when expanded, the log position locks. As in, even though more text is being added to the log, I stay where i am, and can't scroll down to more recent text.

EDIT: It just occurred to me that I didn't think to undo XI utils sandbox before trying the sandbox plugin. Maybe that's what's causing said issues. I'll have to try that later.

Just a note, if you run into this kinda issue again, you can always delete the file with the issue and open launcher.
    I was deleting it and running the launcher, and I tried deleting battlemod then downloading it again through the launcher. Then I came here and asked how to fix that line, since it seemed simple enough. I went looking for the current master from the githhub when none of that worked, while waiting for a response here. I was just hoping somebody would say it was a misplaced comma or end tag or something easy.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So yeah, I just suck. After Un-sandoxing with XI utils, and restarting, everything seems fine with the sandbox plugin so far. Although I'm only a few mins in, and my log hasn't been all that busy so far.

EDIT: So. I've crashed Twice now,using the sandbox plugin, just sitting here in west adoulin. Didn't even do anything. Didn't check the log. FFXI wasn't even in focus, and I crashed.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Why does the reive addon keep a running total even after my current reive ends. As soon as I join a new reive, my exp/bayld from the previous reive is still shown in the box.
    I prefer to know how much Bayld is earned tonight rather than just this round. I'm not at my PC right now but I'm sure there was an option in the settings file that will reset every round.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by TybudX View Post
    I was deleting it and running the launcher, and I tried deleting battlemod then downloading it again through the launcher. Then I came here and asked how to fix that line, since it seemed simple enough. I went looking for the current master from the githhub when none of that worked, while waiting for a response here. I was just hoping somebody would say it was a misplaced comma or end tag or something easy.
    Did you try deleting the whole libs folder? If you sent to recycle bin, did you purge the bin? Sometimes things that are marked for deletion don't get marked properly and when you download another file that has the same filename, it simply removes the deletion flag on the original (This is wildly prevalent in Mac OS w/ HFS+ drives). I've never personally seen this happen in windows, but it's not impossible. Other than that, not sure, honestly.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

took bang's advice on deleting libs folder however now nothing works :3 how do i just get the libs folder back in its entirety?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Saiken View Post
    took bang's advice on deleting libs folder however now nothing works :3 how do i just get the libs folder back in its entirety?
    https://github.com/Windower/Lua/archive/master.zip

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lyn Tah'row
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Anyone having trouble with garbage characters appearing with Japanese IME enabled? Like below, I'm trying to type in //cure2 (I think).

I can't seem to associate it with soemthing I do. Usually it just starts happening during a game session and then never stops. Persists when I log out as well.
    I can work around it in various ways (just opening up console for instance lol) but it's nice to be able to just hit /whatever and have it come out in the right format.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Modoru D'kkoru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Send hates me. It just stops responding at times. My send macros work on occasion, but in other instances it's like it never existed (it's loaded on both instances, so I don't know).

Any ideas?

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is there anyway to unload all the plugins at once? Something is causing the game to freeze and lock up when I /shutdown, and I really don't feel like turning stuff on/off one at a time to try and identify it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Apelila View Post
    Is there anyway to unload all the plugins at once? Something is causing the game to freeze and lock up when I /shutdown, and I really don't feel like turning stuff on/off one at a time to try and identify it.
    //unloadall

Closed Thread
Page 55 of 307 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 ... LastLast