Tried to use bTimers after putting logger/mathhelper/tablehelper all in the libs folder but when I load it I get the console message
Lua error: error loading module 'logger' from file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Windower4\\addons\libs\logger.lua':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windower4\\addons\libs\logger.lua:14: <eof> expected near 'end'.
For anyone interesting in video recording and hasn't figured it out yet the commands are
video start/stop <xres> <yres> <fps> <quality>
It lags me too heavily to be able to play properly on all settings with i7 2.60ghz, 16gb ram, geforce gtx 675m laptop.
Also, instead of manually copying the code, you should download the files (right-click > save) from here:
(can't post links yet) github.com/Windower/Lua/tree/master/addons/libs
As many people working on this, I'm still very new at Lua, so I occasionally find some bugs. I update these files daily, so you can always get the most up-to-date version there.
Eventually, an addition to the launcher is planned that will maintain addons like it does plugins right now, but no idea when that's gonna go live. Until then, you could install the GitHub Windows client. It takes some getting used to, but it does the trick, and it can automatically synchronize your local files with the ones posted on the Lua addon repository. You can find the client here, if you're interested:
(again, no links for me) windows.github.com
Thanks, I've sorted the problem out now and its all sorted.
One glitch I have noticed with windower 4, and also with 3.41 but it seems more common on 4, is that sometimes it starts only displaying the last line from the console when I press insert. It also affects infobar in that when I have a mob or nothing targetted the first 1/3 of the information isn't displayed and is just blank.
I posted an updated version of aoeBgone just now. It should use commas and generally work the way it's intended to now. Here's how it works:
* When it detects a "gains the effect of" line, it captures the line in front of it and all "gains" lines in the next 4 seconds
*After 4 seconds, it takes the first word from each "gains the effect of" line, combines them, and puts it out into your log.
Edit: Something about the logic still seems to be wrong at least in some cases. It definitely eliminates spam, but it seems to be a little overzealous.
Okay, updated it again. I can't seem to break this one. It will put a 5 second lag on all your buffs, but the number is somewhat arbitrary. You can reduce it if you want, but you run the risk of missing people from the AoE abilities/spells. Also, currently it affects monster abilities as well. So Magma Hoplon's effect ("gains the effect of stoneskin") shows up on a 5 second time lag. In the future I should probably crossreference the stored names against your own party's names.
Screenshot of Night/Troub song spam:
If I'm really really fast and manage to cast two songs so that their buff descriptions overlap, it merges the player names that are hit. This is going to be an issue in Alliance situations, and I'll probably have to do some party vs. alliance screening of names.
ignore this post.. updated again below...
When I cast haste on myself without perpetuance after having cast it with perpetuance perviously it still gives a 7:30min duration
Edit: New post below
Do you plan adding support for gear worn and merits etc to your script? In case of Perpetuance and Composure, there are few pieces of gear that further increase effect duration, for example (SCH AF3 hands, RDM full AF3 gear set).
Good job thus far anyways!
I'm feeling silly for asking but I really have no idea where to look and this is my first time working with Lua.
I'm adding the buffs for my own jobs to the bTimers.lua but for some reason it doesn't accept job abilities that have a space between them.
I've tried several things, including putting them within quotes, partial text, without the space, with underscore, I just can't get it to register them.
As for syntax, etc, you cantry googling for it. LUA is quite ubiquitous and a lot of help is available online. I.e., my friend uses LUA scriptig to do anime subtitle effects for intro/outro songs.
I can not get any of the lib folder lua add-ons to load, keeps saying does not exist.
New addon done. It's purpose is adding "blacklist" fuction to ffochat.
http://goo.gl/ryIUm I cant put it in the windower repo myself but i've a pull request in
Fore some reason I can't find it.
Taking my Monk for example:
I get Impetus, Focus, Dodge, etc. no problem.
Things like Perfect Counter, Hundred Fists, Formless Strikes, etc. no matter what I try I can't get it to work.
A few things I've tried with Perfect Counter as that is the fastest to try with:
Perfect Counter, Perfect%sCounter, Perfect'%s'Counter, PerfectCounter, Perfect_Counter, "Perfect Counter".
None of them work, with some I get the Lua to load but it doesn't register the buff, on others I get:
Program Files (x86)\Windower4\\addons\bTimers\bTimers.lua:linenu mber '}' insert random error code.
http://goo.gl/yy99z - Added JA Support to bTimers -- JA syntax for 2 worded ones is Perfect_Counter, Last_Resort, etc
https://github.com/Windower/Lua/tree/master/addons/libs -- Dependencies here
Quick Edit: JA timers have no spell icons. Sometimes something weird happens with timers that blanks out the name of the timer. Have no fear the timer will still work. You just won't know what it is. It's not a 100% occurance though so if it happens don't worry.
Edit2: Please feel free to PM Me ideas on here or on guildwork. I will likely have no issues adding anything.
Windower 4 crashes upon startup now. It doesnt even make it to the gui. I retried 4 times to be sure it wasn't some random bug. I made a dump of the processes like i vaguely recall earlier but i figure 137mb is a bit larger than what im supposed to send. Gonna see if a windows update i didnt install yet changes things.
Edit: No change.
Edit2:And now problem has fixed itself for absolutely no reason.