Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 265 of 307 FirstFirst ... 215 255 263 264 265 266 267 275 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    No, it's an issue with specific items. There are two item usage packets and I still have no idea why the game uses one vs. the other.
    Ahhh i see, thanks Byrthnoth. Was that something that came up recently or always been that way? Cause I used to could use a /item Lik/Matsya <lastst> type macro for Zaldon and then recently (it had been a while since I had done this) it started not working like i described. Just curious.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Should have been that way for almost a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Yeah the solution would be u sing Notepad++, going into each of my jobs' sets, and using the replace function to replace "sets." with "sets.job."
    That way each set on each job lua will have a different name and the function you shared above wouldn't overwrite anything.
    Worth trying I guess.

Atm I created a file manually with copy/paste lol.
    But it was enough to test my changes to validate.lua and they work perfectly. Cleaned my inventory from 9 items already! :D
    I won't submit it to github though, doubt anybody else would be interested.
    You have mo clue how much I'd want this lol I tri box some so I got a tom of stiff please pm a lunk

Campaign
    BG Level

Here it is
    http://pastebin.com/Kv9FYXz6

It works and I've been using it regularly.
    Keep a copy of it because future updates of Gearswap might of course overwrite this modded version of validate.lua.
    The syntax to use is //gs validate <parameter>

these are the currently accepted parameters:
    • sets - just like now, validate the sets of you currently loaded lua, and checks if there's anything missing in inventory or wardrobe
    • inventory, inv, i - does the opposites. Checks your inventory to see if you have any item that are NOT present in the sets of your currently loaded lua
    • mogsafe, safe, ms - as above, but for mog safe
    • mogsafe2, safe2, ms2 - as above, but for mog safe 2
    • storage, st - you get it by now, right?
    • moglocker, locker, ml - yep
    • mogsatchel, satchel, sa - guess!
    • mogsack, sack, sk - keep trying!
    • mogcase, case, c - ...
    • wardrobe, w - secret!

The only trick is that for this to work you need to create a big empty lua with just a huge get_sets function, and copypaste the content of the get_sets functions of all your other lua inside. Before you copypaste them, you need to make sure they all have different names.
    For instance if you have a "sets.tp.normal" set for both your, say, Ninja and Dancer luas, you have to rename them. For example: sets.nin.tp.normal and sets.dnc.tp.normal.
    If you don't wanna do the copy-paste thing manually, you can try to use the script dlsmd posted (I haven't tried it but it could work). Before starting it you'll still need to rename all your job sets so that they all have specific names.
    (if you don't do these, they will get overwritten by each other)

If you do this boring thing on your own, then the modded validate function I provided will work flawlessly.
    I still keep using it to clean up my inventory repositories. Managed to gain 18 inventory slots so far by trashing or muling items that I used to have in my sets but that I no longer use (because I changed them with something new/better)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Dressup should be fixed now. Sorry for the delay, but SE changed the way they were using some packets which necessitated a change in how DressUp blink prevention works (basically rewriting that part of the addon).

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Any word on the fix for the gearswap issue with casting GEO spells on the ground? Last I heard the issue had been found, and required a luacore update.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

It still requires a LuaCore update. Arcon has been busy lately irl.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

There was a note in the changelog about the target arrow.
    2015-09-24

LuaCore 2.0.2.1 - Arcon

Exposed information on the target arrow's position (as is used for Geo-Spells)
    I'm not sure where it was exposed, though.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

He found the target arrow position in memory, but I can't calculate the exact offsets from it because there's some discretization step going on that I can't emulate. I used it to make a functional version, but it wasn't generating the exact same packet that the game would send and it seemed like an unnecessary departure. The exact offsets that I need exist in memory so really I just need that section of memory instead of this section.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

If there's anything us laymen can do to help with that, let me know. <,<;

Campaign
    BG Level

Any chance after the last update FFXIDB will be updated to work even in the 3 Escha zones?

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    He found the target arrow position in memory, but I can't calculate the exact offsets from it because there's some discretization step going on that I can't emulate. I used it to make a functional version, but it wasn't generating the exact same packet that the game would send and it seemed like an unnecessary departure. The exact offsets that I need exist in memory so really I just need that section of memory instead of this section.
    Byrth, there's another thing that's lacking if you use Gearswap/Shortcuts.
    The new "Aoe indicator" thing that was added a few patches ago.
    If you have GS and Shortcuts loaded up, it doesn't work (unless you try to use the spell from the game menu).
    Is this for the same reason as the lack of support for the new Luopan casting method? I.e. a feature lack in Luacore?
    Or is there a different reason?

Would be useful for rolls and Songs, to say the least.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

When you add things to the incoming chat buffer, there are a few bytes of information passed that aren't text. Those bytes include the flag for whether the AoE indicator shows up (probably), but they are not currently exposed and would necessitate a rework of how the send_command function works (which sounds pretty major). I'll see what I can do, but it's pretty low priority due to how difficult it would be.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

everytime i click on a casket i got this message with boxdestroyer:

boxdestroyer: lua runtime error: boxdestroyer/boxdestroyer.lua:119: bad argument #1 to 'format' (number expected, got nil)

anyone getting "Windower stopped working" after update?

The only thing different is I found the add on and plugin tabs in the launcher and activated some of them. I used them yesterday and this didnt happen

I'm running 2 windows and one of my characters (80% of the time it's my main) will just stop working and windower closes

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

This isn't necessarily a Windower question, but it may be Windower related and I can't think of a better place to put it:

For whatever reason, the framerate for all other models (player characters and monsters) has gone to complete shit today. My own character seems largely unaffected. I haven't changed any game settings in the past day or anything else I can think of that could possibly do this, so if anyone has any suggestions that'd be nice as I'm at a total loss myself. I've never had any problems like this before on this computer and the only thing that it has ever had trouble with is making aura effects not look like shit (which is of course now toggleable and never affected my framerate like it did for some people).

Relic Shield
    BG Level

do you use the plugin Config? did u check the in game config settings for animation frame rate? one of my mules had some options changed when i logged on after update. like clipping distance. wouldnt be too crazy one of the keyboard settings would occasionally set it self to the default size compact a few years back until they finally fixed that.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Is blinkmenot not fixable? This game is sometimes borderline unplayable without it

Quote Originally Posted by Ihina View Post
    Is blinkmenot not fixable? This game is sometimes borderline unplayable without it
    use the dressup addon

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Any chance after the last update FFXIDB will be updated to work even in the 3 Escha zones?
    Small bump.
    It seems to me like it should be a pretty simple thing (like a yes/no flag?) to enable FFXIDB in the 3 new zones, but maybe I'm oversimplifying things?