BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 284 of 307 FirstFirst ... 234 274 282 283 284 285 286 294 ... LastLast
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Pikagreg View Post
    I have seen a lot of threads on this issue though cannot seem to find any solution. My buddy installed the game on a fresh Windows 10 pc with nothing but newest nvidia drivers installed. Enabled Legacy components/Directplay and can run the game normally without windower.

In windower the game will crash during the transition from POL to FFXI (after hitting
    play" on POL). We have tried messing with resolution settings on windower, running start as admin on POL/Windower, reinstalling both game from scratch and windows from scratch and cannot get it running. Is there anything else we can try?

I have installed the game without any problems so far on two laptops and one desktop all using Windows 10.
    I think this is a known problem that the Windower devs have not been able to isolate yet. I don't use Windows 10 myself, but I did see a post where a guy avoided the crash totally by accident, by clicking on another window during the transition from PoL to FFXI, right after clicking Play. Maybe try that, it's not a solution but at least it's a workaround.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

So no one knows the format to put in the timers settings file to black/white list buffs from showing up?

Campaign
    BG Level

What's your question exactely? Format is "spell 1|spell 2|spell 3"
    Sometimes it doesn't work, had it happen several times especially after patches. Not sure if Arcon fixed it last time I opened a ticket because it was broken (ignoring whatever you put into that field, wether it was Black List mode or White List mode).
    Not the first time it happens and not sure if fixed yet.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Anyone experiencing crashing all of a sudden? I was logged in fine, now the game kicked me out. I tried loading the game from POL to check if it's windower, but i get the "error in direct 3d" error when I try to load the game. The crash resets FFXI's resolution as well. Odd.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Ahh thank you Sechs, I completely forgot about "|"s. I tried commas and semicolons and nothing Ill try this out in a few moments thank you.

Send and Targeting

Does anyone know if it is possible to send a target through the Send addon? Or if it's possible through lua to target by mob id?
    It'll make it much easier to select a target on one instance and pass that to my other instances when tri-boxing.

Thanks!

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

//send @all /assist shinzaku ?

If your multibox are all following you, that will cause them to change target and lock on the assist, therefor follow it. You might be able to disable the auto-lockon via options -> gameplay -> controls: autotarget durring battle, I'm not sure on that part though.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

There was a addon someone made called AssistMe i think i found in this thread a while back. I use it alot. it makes your mules attack what you attack. the only problem is everytime u engage or disengage it makes the mule stop/start. so if mule has autotargeting on and switched to a mob and you didnt. when u engage it ur mule disengages. it also makes mule follow you after fighting and maybe one other thing I cant think of.

Ok looked at the lua for it since I cant find it in the thread anymore. It was written by Arshesney (Bahamut) and its called AssistMe. I cant find it anywhere, i spose i could post the code later.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Windows 10 user here. I was able to resolve the crash that happens on the POL > FFXI transition by disabling the opening movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Anyone experiencing crashing all of a sudden? I was logged in fine, now the game kicked me out. I tried loading the game from POL to check if it's windower, but i get the "error in direct 3d" error when I try to load the game. The crash resets FFXI's resolution as well. Odd.
    I also have been experiencing this, now windower for 4 days now. Seems common error lately from these forums.

I have tried all this, no successs:

1. reinstall windower completely
    2. reboot comp,
    3. rollback
    4. change resolution (will only allow official ffxi windower)
    5. Just now tried the movie thing, and still same BS.

I also have the issue of everything getting setback to default when i try to get in through windower, which then does NOT allow me to get in from the official launcher UNTIL i change resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    //send @all /assist shinzaku ?

If your multibox are all following you, that will cause them to change target and lock on the assist, therefor follow it. You might be able to disable the auto-lockon via options -> gameplay -> controls: autotarget durring battle, I'm not sure on that part though.
    you can send command to stop following. then immediately send thee assist command

Is visible favor just going to be perpetually broken, or is there something wrong with my system?

Egyptian Goddess
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aiko Matsuo
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    Ahh thank you Sechs, I completely forgot about "|"s. I tried commas and semicolons and nothing Ill try this out in a few moments thank you.
    Did you ever get it working? If so, would you be able to share how you did it? I'd like to hide the protect and shell recasts as well and can't figure out the scripting. Thanks!

Relic Shield
    BG Level

it is indeed "pipes" (i think they are called) the "|" straight up and down line on the "\" key. you have to put every version of protect though. protect 1 2 3 4 5 protectra 1 2 3 4 5 ect...

so its like "protect|protect ii|protect iii|protect iv" wihtout quotes of course. within the <tag> I dont remember what tag is called im on different pc.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

The AssistMe addon someone posted somewhere I cant remember where, but here it is since I cant find it anywhere. The only thing I hate is if your mule is attacking when you arent or vice versa, When you engaged/stop fightin the mule will do the opposite of what he is doin currently Personally if my mule is already fighting and I start fightin Id like mule to keep fightin instead of stopping. But i dunno how to do that. Also that auto targettin stuff, when u kill a mob and switch to the next, the mule doesnt know u started fightin another one, I dont think there is anything to be done with that. .And of course full credit to the author (twas not me)

Code:
    --[[
    Copyright (c) 2014, Diego Vogogna
    All rights reserved.

Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
    modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

* Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
    notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
    * Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
    notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
    documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
    * Neither the name of <addon name> nor the
    names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products
    derived from this software without specific prior written permission.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND
    ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED
    WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE
    DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL <your name> BE LIABLE FOR ANY
    DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
    (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES;
    LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND
    ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT
    (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS
    SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
    ]]

_addon.name = 'assistme'
    _addon.version = '0.1b'
    _addon.author = 'Arshesney (Bahamut)'
    _addon.commands = {'assistme'}

require('tables')
    require('strings')
    config = require('config')

defaults = T{}
    defaults.verbose = false
    defaults.assist = false
    defaults.petassist = true
    defaults.follow = false

settings = config.load(defaults)

statuses = {[0]='Idle',[1]='Engaged',[2]='Resting',[3]='Dead',[4]='Zoning'}
    pet_command = {['BST']='Fight',['SMN']='Assault',['PUP']='Deploy'}

function initialize() 
    	local player = windower.ffxi.get_player()
    	if not player then
    		windower.send_command('@wait 5;lua i '.._addon.name..' initialize')
    	else
    		print('AssistMe: CTRL+f follow, ALT+f toggle auto-follow, //assistme help for options.')
    		windower.send_command('bind ^f send @others /follow '..player.name)
    		windower.send_command('bind !f '.._addon.name..' follow')
    	end
    end

windower.register_event('load', 'login', initialize)

windower.register_event('logout', 'unload', function()
        windower.send_command('unbind ^f')
    	windower.send_command('unbind !f')
    end)

windower.register_event('status change',function(new, old)
    	local player = windower.ffxi.get_player()
    	local pet = windower.ffxi.get_mob_by_target('pet')
    	local new_status = statuses[new]
    	local old_status = statuses[old]
    	verbose('status: '..new)
    	if new_status == 'Engaged' then
    		--verbose('Entering combat: petassist '..tostring(settings.petassist)..', petcommand '..pet_command[player.main_job])
    		if settings.petassist and pet and pet_command[player.main_job]  then
    			verbose('Found a pet, sending attack command')
    			windower.send_command('@wait 1.5; input /ja '..pet_command[player.main_job]..' <t>')
    		end
    		if settings.assist then
    			verbose('Auto assits is true, sending assit and attack command to other instances')
    			verbose('send @others /assist '..player.name..'; wait 1.5; /attack')
    			windower.send_command('send @others /assist '..player.name..'; wait 1.5; send @others /a')
    		end
    	elseif new_status == 'Idle' and old_status == 'Engaged' and settings.follow then
    		verbose('Finished combat, sending follow')
    		windower.send_command('@wait 2.5; send @others /follow '..player.name)
    	end
    end)

windower.register_event('addon command',function(...)
    	local params = (...)

if params:lower() == 'verbose' or params:lower() == 'debug' then
    		settings.verbose = not settings.verbose
    		windower.add_to_chat(121,'AssistMe verbose: '..tostring(settings.verbose))
    	elseif params:lower() == 'assist' then
    		settings.assist = not settings.assist
    		windower.add_to_chat(121,'Assist in combat is now: '..tostring(settings.assist))
    	elseif params:lower() == 'petassist' then
    		settings.petassist = not settings.petassist
    		windower.add_to_chat(121,'Pet auto attack is now: '..tostring(settings.petassist))
    	elseif params:lower() == 'follow' then
    		settings.follow = not settings.follow
    		windower.add_to_chat(121,'Auto-follow is now: '..tostring(settings.follow))
    	elseif params:lower() == 'show' then
    		windower.add_to_chat(121,'AssistMe status - Pet: '..tostring(settings.petassist)..', Follow: '..tostring(settings.follow)..', Assist: '..tostring(settings.assist))
    	elseif params:lower() == 'save' then
    		settings:save()
    		windower.add_to_chat(121,_addon.name..' settings saved')
    	elseif params:lower() == 'help' then
    		print('   :::   '.._addon.name..' ('.._addon.version..')   :::')
    		print('Commands: ')
    		print('help        --- this text')
    		print('assist      --- toggle engage and attack target (default false)')
    		print('petassist   --- toggle engage and attack target for current pet (default true)')
    		print('follow      --- toggle auto follow (deafult false)')
    		print('show        --- show current settings')
    		print('save        --- save current settings')
    		end
    end)

function verbose(message)
    	if settings.verbose then
    		windower.add_to_chat(104,'AssistMe [DEBUG]: '..message)
    	end	
    end

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistrianna Galanodel
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    it is indeed "pipes" (i think they are called) the "|" straight up and down line on the "\" key. you have to put every version of protect though. protect 1 2 3 4 5 protectra 1 2 3 4 5 ect...

so its like "protect|protect ii|protect iii|protect iv" wihtout quotes of course. within the <tag> I dont remember what tag is called im on different pc.
    You sure about that? Pretty sure you can just do Protect*|Shell* and it will blacklist all spells with Protect or Shell in them.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

you might be right about that, I didnt try.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I've been working (on and off) on a chat addon (TaruChat) which will let each server have a chat room. I believe it's ready to be released, but I was hoping to toss it out here first to see if there are any issues before I push it onto the windower github.

I can release the server code if needed though I'd want to spend some time cleaning it up so I'm not too ashamed of it >_>;
    You can see everything the lua file sends anyways: character name, IP address, and server ID. I store character names and IP addresses in memory because I'm curious to see an estimate on how many unique users I get, but nothing is written to disk so if the app/computer restart all data is lost.

~Dropbox link to addon~

Addon name: TaruChat
    "//taru help" for help
    "/a" or "/taru" to chat: "/a taru are the best!" or "/taru Galka are fat and smelly!!"
    "//taru chcount" to see how many users are in your chat channel (server) and the total number of people using TaruChat across all servers.
    "//taru who" lists the name of every user in your chat channel (server) one per line at the moment.

Can use //a for commands instead, but //taru is better because taru.

You can also create your own private channels which is supported but I'm not publicly releasing yet (you can probably figure out how if you poke at the Lua.) If it gets popular enough I'll add silly worthless features like private channel admins and login messages and crap or whatever you crazy people yell at me to do.

TaruChat uses port 4242 to talk to the server.

Finally a thank you to Byrth for helping with the Lua chat parsing. He helped me with the addon commands, outgoing text and handling the auto translate/jis in Lua. The server uses UTF8 so it should be able to handle whatever characters you can input into the FFXI chat.

Campaign
    BG Level

Sounds exciting!

Relic Shield
    BG Level

So, Im not too coding smart for luas, but an idea hit me that we could make an addon for summoning a random mount. I know addons like this exist for World of Warcraft so it should be possible. I just have no idea how to make it random. I figured you could make a setting file where people list what mounts they have unless there is a way to determine what people have automatically. I'm sure it wouldnt be too difficult to make, is anyone interested in such a thing?