Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 307 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    Shirai

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrous24 View Post
    I apologize. I hate to steal your thunder. This was a really good idea. So updated mine
    You have helped me out insanely here, thank you!
    I am not a programmer, I know how to read code and adjust it for my own use where needed but only on a very basic level .

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Updated our installer to include an option to opt-out of google analytics contributions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun-it View Post
    I can not get any of the lib folder lua add-ons to load, keeps saying does not exist.
    I'm having the same problem as well. Can anyone help?

Shirai

I don't think the files in the Lib folder need to be loaded physically.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Okay, updated it again. I can't seem to break this one. It will put a 5 second lag on all your buffs, but the number is somewhat arbitrary. You can reduce it if you want, but you run the risk of missing people from the AoE abilities/spells. Also, currently it affects monster abilities as well. So Magma Hoplon's effect ("gains the effect of stoneskin") shows up on a 5 second time lag. In the future I should probably crossreference the stored names against your own party's names.

Screenshot of Night/Troub song spam:

If I'm really really fast and manage to cast two songs so that their buff descriptions overlap, it merges the player names that are hit. This is going to be an issue in Alliance situations, and I'll probably have to do some party vs. alliance screening of names.
    Byrth's AoE-Bgone expanded slightly (beta for testing), here:
    http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/36...eta/9/#2258227

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

While Timers is aesthetically pleasing, I use smaller window resolutions to make playing multiple characters more convenient. This makes the plugin excessively bulky and unnecessarily flashy for the function it provides. Any chance of a lite version (or just making recast compatible..)?

There are many plugins that were not "officially" supported, some that I've had for years now that have never needed updating. Am I just going to have to toss these if I want to use Windower 4?

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Cairthenn View Post
    While Timers is aesthetically pleasing, I use smaller window resolutions to make playing multiple characters more convenient. This makes the plugin excessively bulky and unnecessarily flashy for the function it provides. Any chance of a lite version (or just making recast compatible..)?
    Open up Timers.xml in your plugins\settings folder and replace the true in "<graphicalMode>true</graphicalMode>" to false.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Oh, thanks! I couldn't seem to find any documentation for it on the website so I figured it was just as-is.

The other bit is more-so what's stopping me form switching over, though.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Oh, thanks! I couldn't seem to find any documentation for it on the website so I figured it was just as-is.

The other bit is more-so what's stopping me form switching over, though.
    What plugins are you talking about?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

A few from Taj, the original Blinkmenot, etc.

I know the newer ""not supported"" plugins update themselves, but yeah.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ihm Kasukabe
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Sorry theres no documentation on timers (Or weathermon for that mater), but while I'm trying to get timers completed the documentation will not be created, priorities etc~

I am working on a slim graphical mode though just to throw it out there.

Best bet with most plugins though is to look in each plugins settings file in plugins/settings, we try to use obvious names really for settings, also, you can just type the plugins name ingame to get commands for them, such as //timers will give you the timers commands.

And no, the "unofficial" plugins you're referring to are not supported, will not be updated, and will not work on v4 at all.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

That's unfortunate. I suppose I'll just stick to 3.4

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

A few from Taj, the original Blinkmenot, etc.

I know the newer ""not supported"" plugins update themselves, but yeah.
    What does the original Blinkmenot do that the current one doesn't? Basically, what functionality are you looking for that isn't currently offered. It may be simple to implement even if you can't just drop and drag the old things.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

There was an unintended 'feature' that prevented PCs from loading entirely. Granted, I only use that if I want clean screenshots in a crowded place or something (I know I'll want that for Adoulin).

It's not really a matter of "I need this available to me always", because the few that I'm referencing I use very rarely (sorry for vagueness, there are some which I probably shouldn't even publicly mention in name or function) but I like having the option to use the plugins. I'll most likely just stick to 3.4 until 4 offers something that I'd more frequently want the option to use. *shrug*

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

There was an unintended 'feature' that prevented PCs from loading entirely. Granted, I only use that if I want clean screenshots in a crowded place or something (I know I'll want that for Adoulin).

It's not really a matter of "I need this available to me always", because the few that I'm referencing I use very rarely (sorry for vagueness, there are some which I probably shouldn't even publicly mention in name or function) but I like having the option to use the plugins. I'll most likely just stick to 3.4 until 4 offers something that I'd more frequently want the option to use. *shrug*
    This is something that I've been actively trying to avoid. Developers leaking plugins to their friends has led to quite a few things getting out into the wild that really shouldn't be. These range from relatively benign (bidder, jazero) to things with HUGE potential for abuse. It's gotten to the point where there's almost a plugin black market -- it turns into a question of who you know and what you can get your hands on.

Windower, at least the officially released plugins, has generally been a pretty benign thing. Our plugins are focused more on enhancing the game rather than opening up avenues for outright cheating. Furthermore, it shouldn't be a case of being able to do more with the game simply based on who you know -- EVERYONE should get the same experience.

That said, there is a (relatively easy to find) easter egg in the launcher that will unlock several of the more benign "unofficial" plugins. But don't hold your breath waiting for releases of some of the more broken ones; they won't be coming.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ninita Nita
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Gnomeregan

Updated Byrth's aoeBgone to include receiving/losing cor buffs. Please test and lemme know how it works. It now has 3 commands. Help, Commamode, and oxford. Oxford toggle's using the oxford comma, commamode toggle's comma-only mode and help just lists the commands. you use these commands with //aoe <name>
    http://goo.gl/6mYkQ

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

You should probably make a lua tab like how we now have a plugin tab since I can easily see how important these things are going to get already.
    The amount of updates certain lua scripts are getting each day also makes it more convenient at least.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Aureus View Post
    This is something that I've been actively trying to avoid. Developers leaking plugins to their friends has led to quite a few things getting out into the wild that really shouldn't be. These range from relatively benign (bidder, jazero) to things with HUGE potential for abuse. It's gotten to the point where there's almost a plugin black market -- it turns into a question of who you know and what you can get your hands on.

Windower, at least the officially released plugins, has generally been a pretty benign thing. Our plugins are focused more on enhancing the game rather than opening up avenues for outright cheating. Furthermore, it shouldn't be a case of being able to do more with the game simply based on who you know -- EVERYONE should get the same experience.

That said, there is a (relatively easy to find) easter egg in the launcher that will unlock several of the more benign "unofficial" plugins. But don't hold your breath waiting for releases of some of the more broken ones; they won't be coming.
    I'm curious as to how this actually addresses that other than (effectively) putting a publishing date restriction on it.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I'm curious as to how this actually addresses that other than (effectively) putting a publishing date restriction on it.
    That's pretty much it. Why, do you think there needs to be more done?
    Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    You should probably make a lua tab like how we now have a plugin tab since I can easily see how important these things are going to get already.
    The amount of updates certain lua scripts are getting each day also makes it more convenient at least.
    This is planned (basically a lua menu similar to plugins), but there's enough of a difference in implementation (pull from github vs pull from our servers) that makes it more difficult than a simple copy+paste job. I know addons are a bit annoying to download/update at the moment, so we're working on getting this ready as soon as we can.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Not really, I was just making sure that you were saying that old plugin distribution by developers was not okay, but the ones from v4 release and on are.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 307 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast