BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 297 of 307 FirstFirst ... 247 287 295 296 297 298 299 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Not even sure where to put this, but.
    in windower4\res\weapon_skills.lua Dimidiation has no SC properties.

Code:
    [61] = {id=61,en="Dimidiation",ja="デミディエーション",element=6,icon_id=602,prefix="/weaponskill",range=2,targets=32},
    I corrected this once in my copy of the files, but it seems to have been overwritten last time windower updated.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I sent a pull request on GitHub for the ResourceExtractor and Resources to fix Dimidiation.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hi all,

Question about Findall - have it installed and have had it spit out a csv file with the contents of my characters storage areas. The issue is - i get a string of numbers instead of item names. Is there a resource for matching those item numbers to item names? I am trying to dump a data file of all the items on my characters so I can consolidate items and clean up the jumbled mess that is my various storage areas. Is there a better tool for doing this than using FindAll?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Is there a resource for matching those item numbers to item names?
    items.lua inside res folder.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

For a while now, whenever I zone into Reisenjima, I've been getting a Lua runtime error regarding the remember.lua file. Anyone know what that's about, and if there's anything to do to fix it?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Don't need to use remember.lua anymore. SE fixed the issue it was designed to fix, iirc.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Nevermind. Windows 10 is dumb.

Lyramion's better half
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hopefulki Nozomi
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So, as someone that has to travel often for work, this is pretty interesting from a mobile gaming perspective:

http://ashita.atom0s.com/forums/view...php?f=26&t=120

Is there anything on the horizon for Windower/is it even possible? (I know nothing, Jon Snow)

I don't think I would ever use Ashita just because of the amount of time I have spent in Gearswap, but pretty awesome nonetheless!

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

More importantly:
    would that fix the problems detailed here?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

idk

We had talked about this but weren't serious considering doing it because we reasoned that any library we could make to convert their Dx8 calls to Dx9 would likely be worse than the library provided by Microsoft. However, if it shows a notable improvement then maybe it's worth doing.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

There any fixes for windower to get it working with the new version of windows 10? Doesnt launch PoL with the new creators update. I know theres ashita but im wary of using it expecially since a test download flagged some phishing links with kaspersky.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I threw up a request on the github for something a while back and no bites yet, and my attempts at doing it myself managed to FUBAR windower, so maybe someone else can help me. ><;; What I want to do is add gameday/gametime to logger. I know it should be possible, but I'm tired of crashing due to my attempts at modifying it....

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    idk

We had talked about this but weren't serious considering doing it because we reasoned that any library we could make to convert their Dx8 calls to Dx9 would likely be worse than the library provided by Microsoft. However, if it shows a notable improvement then maybe it's worth doing.
    I'm wondering why they're talking about "laptop specific addon" though. If it really works then it should benefit all PCs, including desktop as well, no?

Anyway I got another question, it's about the radial circle that gets drawn in the client when you select a spell/buff. We all know that with gearswap this doesn't work on Windower, unless you select the ability from the Menu.
    How hard would it be to make it work even with <st*> macros? Is it a matter of not technically possible at all? Or just very complicated?
    I assume the information about how large this circle has to be, has got to be stored somewhere in the memory of the client. Couldn't we work around by creating a new addon specific for that whose role is that to draw a circle client side, reading the size of the circle from the same place that the default game client reads it from?

I really miss this function from the default client and really wish we could find a way to make it work from macros.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Infini View Post
    There any fixes for windower to get it working with the new version of windows 10? Doesnt launch PoL with the new creators update. I know theres ashita but im wary of using it expecially since a test download flagged some phishing links with kaspersky.
    I think they're waiting for the official release because it's a nontrivial process to backport the hooking mechanism of v5 to v4.

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Anyway I got another question, it's about the radial circle that gets drawn in the client when you select a spell/buff. We all know that with gearswap this doesn't work on Windower, unless you select the ability from the Menu.
    How hard would it be to make it work even with <st*> macros? Is it a matter of not technically possible at all? Or just very complicated?
    I assume the information about how large this circle has to be, has got to be stored somewhere in the memory of the client. Couldn't we work around by creating a new addon specific for that whose role is that to draw a circle client side, reading the size of the circle from the same place that the default game client reads it from?

I really miss this function from the default client and really wish we could find a way to make it work from macros.
    It might require finding/hooking a new function or (at least) expanding our outgoing text injection.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think they're waiting for the official release because it's a nontrivial process to backport the hooking mechanism of v5 to v4.

It might require finding/hooking a new function or (at least) expanding our outgoing text injection.
    While the "official" release is next week they've released the final build for manual download already for those who dont want it to upgrade automatically.

Also version 5? They releasing a new version soon?

Campaign
    BG Level

Wait, wut? Windower 5 is still happening? I thought the project died some time ago. I'm glad to hear it's still going on.

Regardless Byrth, I wish I had the skills or knowledge to contribute with you guys and help improve Windower, but alas I can only sit down and cheer for you.
    Next time you folks are gonna consider Hook updates, please try to give high priority to the radial thing. I'm sure it would be deeply apreciated by all buffers, especially for BRD it would make quite an awesome difference.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

tbf I'm mostly at cheering-tier for a lot of this stuff. I can change values, extend already-written code, and generally avoid breaking stuff, but anything beyond that is beyond me in the C-world.

Lyramion's better half
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hopefulki Nozomi
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

idk

From the thread I was reading somewhere (can't find the link now), the testers went from ~15 FPS and stutters, to 60-90 fps when uncapped, no stutters. I will say Kaby Lake's integrated graphics are decent, but the difference in performance seems substantial, especially for older CPUs.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Infini View Post
    While I've been out of the loop on windower and such for about 2 years now, on my laptop whenever I launch FFXI it always crashes when it goes from POL > FFXI (yes Windows 10) but on my desktop (same windows install) it works perfectly fine. Is that one of the problems? Or the same problem?

Been running into constant dead ends trying to get it to launch on my laptop lol.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    While I've been out of the loop on windower and such for about 2 years now, on my laptop whenever I launch FFXI it always crashes when it goes from POL > FFXI (yes Windows 10) but on my desktop (same windows install) it works perfectly fine. Is that one of the problems? Or the same problem?

Been running into constant dead ends trying to get it to launch on my laptop lol.
    Are you sure you have the right DirectX installed? Stupid UAC screen dim effect turned off? Seems to be the usual stumbling blocks.