BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post

What in the shit is this?
    FFXIV of course!

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Are both those videos definitely from windower? or could they be from Ashita?

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    Are both those videos definitely from windower? or could they be from Ashita?
    Windower, more info here https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/commen.../hotbar_addon/

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

There are some problems in Findall with the Ayanmo armor set. Some of the NQ pieces are being reported incorrectly and returning as +1 of the wrong piece. This seems to be limited to the Storage Slip 23.

I have the entire NQ set stored:
    Ayanmo Zucchetto
    Ayanmo Corazza
    Ayanmo Manopolas
    Ayanmo Cosciales
    Ayanmo Gambieras

Findall thinks I have:
    Ayanmo Corazza
    Ayanmo Corazza +1
    Ayanmo Manopolas
    Ayanmo Zucchetto
    Ayanmo Zucchetto +1

I had no +1 stored on the slip at the time.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

The month they were added there were findall errors for me regarding that armor set and slip. I had stored the nqs and had the hqs on me (this even happened before I had the Hqs on me too) it was showing i had 5/5 of both hq and nq on the slip. and then when i had the Hqs from rewards it said i had nqs hqs on slip and the hqs on me. within a month it seemed to have fixed itself, Im not sure what happened though. I may have took them all off slip of that set and did //findall then put them back on and tried it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

i updated windows 10 the other day and downloaded the dev version of windower like posted a few posts ago. game seems to work fine but it seems really laggy when i got a instance up plus notepad++ or a second character. and it wasnt before. is it just me? Like laggy where i hold a keyboard key or the sticks and it seems to do too much. like using controller stick while walkin i turn or change camera around it like over corrects makin it hard to just walk through town. when i use arrow key to go thru a menu or on notepad++ i hold it down long enuf to go like 3 lines but it goes like 20 lines up or down. same on ffxi menus but not nearly as bad as 20 lines. but it def goes more than how long or how many times i hit the key. At first i just thought it was regular lag but it keeps happening.

but now for the real reason i wanted to post was. i noticed timers just puts lower case "c" on the Recasts section instead of the word "Composure" when I use the ability.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It's a known issue, but the fix may be non-trivial. But they're aware of it. There's a little more discussion in this thread.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    i updated windows 10 the other day and downloaded the dev version of windower like posted a few posts ago. game seems to work fine but it seems really laggy when i got a instance up plus notepad++ or a second character. and it wasnt before. is it just me? Like laggy where i hold a keyboard key or the sticks and it seems to do too much. like using controller stick while walkin i turn or change camera around it like over corrects makin it hard to just walk through town. when i use arrow key to go thru a menu or on notepad++ i hold it down long enuf to go like 3 lines but it goes like 20 lines up or down. same on ffxi menus but not nearly as bad as 20 lines. but it def goes more than how long or how many times i hit the key. At first i just thought it was regular lag but it keeps happening.

but now for the real reason i wanted to post was. i noticed timers just puts lower case "c" on the Recasts section instead of the word "Composure" when I use the ability.
    I've run into the same issue. If I have FFXI/windower up, it's causing upstroke key lag even in Notepad++ and Chrome. I figured it was a windows issue and not windower, so I've spent several days dicking w/ the registry, running diagnostics, etc... If it helps the devteam target the problem, it appears to me that Windows' explorer.exe and dwm.exe are stealing focus repeatedly, frequently and somewhat randomly. It's seems pretty likely that it has to do w/ the way Windows likes to change the colors of title bars. :/ I've done everything I've been able to pull up w/ Google, and though everything I've done does seem to help when I have a single instance up, as soon as I login to my 2nd account, the first one starts spazzing again... It's always the first instance that lags, even if I switch the accounts.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

We pushed a new hook to -dev that we think might fix the issue.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

T_T not fixed. Still experiencing downpress lag.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Did you relog? Hook updates require you restart from the launcher

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Did you relog? Hook updates require you restart from the launcher
    Yup. Rebooted comp in between as well. The weirdest thing is that it only affects the first instance.. Second instance is working just as well as prior to the recent updates. There's a small input lag when pressing down a key, plus frequent ignoring of key releases for up to ~5sec as far as I've seen so far.

As I mentioned above, non-user-interactive parts of Windows are randomly force-stealing focus according to diagnostic tools. Focus is shifting from the active window to nothing in effect. >.>;; This is basically making it impossible for me to play right now, which is why I've spent the last 3-4 days digging thru with diagnostic tools since I figured it was a purely Win10/MS issue. This is a known Windows bug that's been around since at least Vista, it's just somewhat hard to pin down a fix since it seems that there are a million different things that could be causing it. :/

I've been on the dev version for at least a year, hook is 4.3.0.4 and launcher is 4.3.6312.40615.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

The most recent hook is 4.3.0.5, I think.

Maybe I didn't push it right.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    The most recent hook is 4.3.0.5, I think.

Maybe I didn't push it right.
    :O 4.3.0.5 just downloaded, fingers crossed @_@

edit: Couple minutes in and everything good so far. The lag was showing up immediately, so the new hook probably fixed it. \o/

Thank you very much Byrthnoth. :D

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I just opned launcher and saw the hook and checked here if there was info and yay there is !!! For me I believe both first and second instances were lagging. But about to log in and see how it goes.

It seems to be working and fixed. Thanks that key lag was driving me nuts.

I get a Dressup error for a long time now, it happens pretty much everytime after i log into a character. Dressup seems to work despite the error though... since i got post open ill put what it says:
    Dressup: Lua runtime error: Dressup/dressup.lua:130:
    attempt to index local 'player' (a nil value)

Relic Shield
    BG Level

When will we know if the non dev version has been updated to work with the new Win10s update stuff. Since switching to the dev version, Avast occasionally cropped up with a notification (usually dissappeared before I could see what it said) But today it was flat out refusing to let me open it (it popped up right after it downloaded a updated file in the launcher) I think it was the CyberCapture part of Avast whatever that is. I figured out how to exclude it and it let me open the launcher finally. Im not sure if there is a virus in it or Avast just hates the way the program works or what.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Avast, like all antiviruses, primarily discriminates between programs using frequency statistics among its users. Avast compares a fingerprint of the .exe or .dll or whatever to its database of files it has seen before. If it's a rare fingerprint, it won't let you run it or will throw a warning.

You might just have been the first Avast user to try and run it. Launcher got recompiled and pushed with the new controller setting on -dev.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Having an issue with windower that I've never had before. I'll copy/paste what I wrote on FFXIAH:

Random question regarding plugin AutoExec. I've been using this plugin for years. In one of my AutoExec files, I have line where if a specific member in my party types out "7" in party chat, it will make all characters stop auto running, by simulating pressing the 7 key down, then back up. It's been working flawlessly for the past half year since I implemented it. Starting today when I logged in, it stopped working though, any ideas as to why?
    Code

Code:
    <register event="chat_party_Aerora_7" silent="true">wait .00;setkey NUMPAD7 down;wait .2;setkey NUMPAD7 up;</register> <!--auto run/stop autorun-->

EDIT: So, it seems to only be working if I'm currently on that character's specific instance. So, if I'm on Aerora, any chat commands sent through party will only effect her, and none of the other characters I have logged in unless I alt+tab over to that characters specific instance. This never was like this before :/

EDIT 2: Also probably unrelated to AutoExec, but now when ALT+Tabbing, it keeps a button pressed down as you alttab. So for example, I use the 8 on the NUMPAD to run. If I hold down 8, then Alt+Tab, it continues to auto run and also keeps the ALT macro tab open, despite not pressing an autorun key. When I tab back over, it stops auto running.

EDIT3: Does not happen on vanilla client.

These also happen with only 1 character logged in as well, if it matters.

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

non-dev install, just recently updated to hook 4.3.0.5 when I logged into today - any way yet to keep windows key + ____ captured by binds? Last I read it was still pending in -dev

example:

bind @f1 [lockstyle current job] is now pulling up a bing search for "How to get help in windows 10" in my current browser