Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 307 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Byrth posted two new add-ons today:

aoeBgone - Condenses all party members receiving a buff to one chat line. Doesn't use commas yet, but who cares? Very nice for keeping this readable.

daze - Keeps track of dazes on a mob.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Tried to use bTimers after putting logger/mathhelper/tablehelper all in the libs folder but when I load it I get the console message

Lua error: error loading module 'logger' from file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Windower4\\addons\libs\logger.lua':
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Windower4\\addons\libs\logger.lua:14: <eof> expected near 'end'.

Edit:

For anyone interesting in video recording and hasn't figured it out yet the commands are

video start/stop <xres> <yres> <fps> <quality>

It lags me too heavily to be able to play properly on all settings with i7 2.60ghz, 16gb ram, geforce gtx 675m laptop.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Fake View Post
    Tried to use bTimers after putting logger/mathhelper/tablehelper all in the libs folder but when I load it I get the console message

Lua error: error loading module 'logger' from file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Windower4\\addons\libs\logger.lua':
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Windower4\\addons\libs\logger.lua:14: <eof> expected near 'end'.
    I cannot reproduce that error. Are you sure you copied the code he posted exactly?

Also, instead of manually copying the code, you should download the files (right-click > save) from here:
    (can't post links yet) github.com/Windower/Lua/tree/master/addons/libs

As many people working on this, I'm still very new at Lua, so I occasionally find some bugs. I update these files daily, so you can always get the most up-to-date version there.

Eventually, an addition to the launcher is planned that will maintain addons like it does plugins right now, but no idea when that's gonna go live. Until then, you could install the GitHub Windows client. It takes some getting used to, but it does the trick, and it can automatically synchronize your local files with the ones posted on the Lua addon repository. You can find the client here, if you're interested:
    (again, no links for me) windows.github.com

Old Merits
    BG Level

Thanks, I've sorted the problem out now and its all sorted.

One glitch I have noticed with windower 4, and also with 3.41 but it seems more common on 4, is that sometimes it starts only displaying the last line from the console when I press insert. It also affects infobar in that when I have a mob or nothing targetted the first 1/3 of the information isn't displayed and is just blank.

Picture:

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I posted an updated version of aoeBgone just now. It should use commas and generally work the way it's intended to now. Here's how it works:
    * When it detects a "gains the effect of" line, it captures the line in front of it and all "gains" lines in the next 4 seconds
    *After 4 seconds, it takes the first word from each "gains the effect of" line, combines them, and puts it out into your log.

So this:

Becomes this:

Edit: Something about the logic still seems to be wrong at least in some cases. It definitely eliminates spam, but it seems to be a little overzealous.

Insert witty title here
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Aureus View Post
    You could try just fixing your macros or spellcast commands or whatever you're using to put quotes around the spell name. That's what it's complaining about -- the command is improperly formatted
    I'll try quotes around the spell, but if that doesn't work, you're saying I can't change the order plugins are loaded in? I'm ok with that, I'll just use Autoexec to reload itemizer after I log in if needed...

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Becomes this:
    This will be amazing for COR & BRD buff spam! <3

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Okay, updated it again. I can't seem to break this one. It will put a 5 second lag on all your buffs, but the number is somewhat arbitrary. You can reduce it if you want, but you run the risk of missing people from the AoE abilities/spells. Also, currently it affects monster abilities as well. So Magma Hoplon's effect ("gains the effect of stoneskin") shows up on a 5 second time lag. In the future I should probably crossreference the stored names against your own party's names.

Screenshot of Night/Troub song spam:

If I'm really really fast and manage to cast two songs so that their buff descriptions overlap, it merges the player names that are hit. This is going to be an issue in Alliance situations, and I'll probably have to do some party vs. alliance screening of names.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ninita Nita
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Gnomeregan

ignore this post.. updated again below...

Old Merits
    BG Level

When I cast haste on myself without perpetuance after having cast it with perpetuance perviously it still gives a 7:30min duration

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ninita Nita
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Gnomeregan

Edit: New post below

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrous24 View Post
    within 60 seconds of eachother? I had to make a timer for perpetuance. Since when you use it -> cast a spell it wears before the chat text for the spell comes through. Thus, it was always giving the normal time. Anyway, This is fixed, thanks

also.... i noticed some... weird things with buffs and the ability to do some funny stuff with people running bTimers through chat >.> as well as some other things that you may not have found out yet..

If you are just getting this for the first time you'll need the dependencies in this post:
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/115...=1#post5634031

new bTimers.lua -- i really do appologize for all the new versions so close together, but im fixing stuff as i find it out ><
    Code:
    --[[
    Copyright (c) 2013, Ricky Gall All rights reserved.

Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
        Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
        Neither the name of the organization nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
    ]]
    require 'tablehelper'
    require 'logger'
    function event_load()
    	player = get_player()
    	buffs = T(get_player()['buffs'])
    	watchbuffs = {	
    					Haste=180,
    					Refresh=150,
    					Protect=1800,
    					Shell=1800,
    					Regen=60,
    					Phalanx=180
    				} -- only adding a few so you can get the idea
    	createdTimers = T{}
    	buffExtension = T{
    					Perpetuance=2.5,
    					LightArts=1.8,
    					Rasa=2.28,
    					Composure=3
    				}
    	extendables = T { 'Regen','Refresh','Blink','Stoneskin','Aquaveil','Haste','Temper','Phalanx' }
    	extend = T{}
    	t = 0
    end

function event_unload()
    	for u = 1, #createdTimers do
    		send_command('timers d "'..createdTimers[u]..'"')
    	end
    end

function event_addon_command(arg1,arg2,arg3)
    	if arg1 == 'newtimer' then
    		createTimer(arg2,arg3)
    	end
    end

function event_gain_status(id,name)
    	if id == 469 then
    		extend['Perpetuance'] = os.clock()
    	end
    	if id == 366 then
    		extend['Accession'] = os.clock()
    	end
    	createTimer(name)
    end

function event_lose_status(id,name)
    	deleteTimer(1,name)
    end

function createTimer(name,target)
    	if watchbuffs[name] ~= nil then
    		if target == nil then
    			target = 'Self'
    		elseif target:lower() == player['name']:lower() then
    			target = 'Self'
    		else
    			target = target
    		end
    			if createdTimers[u] == name..' ('..target..')' then
    				send_command('timers d "'..name..' ('..target..')"')
    				createdTimers:remove(u)
    				send_command('wait .1;lua c bTimers newtimer '..name..' '..target)
    				return
    			end
    		end
    		if extendables:contains(name) then
    			buffs = T(get_player()['buffs'])
    			timer = tonumber(watchbuffs[name]) - 5
    			if extend ~= nil then
    				e = os.clock()-60
    				if extend['Perpetuance'] ~= nil then
    					if e < extend['Perpetuance'] then
    						if target == 'self' then
    							t = t + 1
    							if math.even(t) then
    								extend['Perpetuance'] = nil
    								t = 0
    							end
    						else
    							extend['Perpetuance'] = nil
    						end

if name == 'Regen' then
    							timer = tonumber(watchbuffs[name]) * buffExtension['LightArts'] * buffExtension['Perpetuance'] - 5
    						else
    							timer = tonumber(watchbuffs[name]) * buffExtension['Perpetuance'] - 5
    						end
    					end
    				end
    			elseif buffs:contains(377) then
    				if name == 'Regen' then
    					if player['main_job_id'] == 20 then
    						timer = tonumber(watchbuffs[name]) * buffExtension['Rasa'] - 5
    					end
    				end
    			elseif buffs:contains(358) then
    				if name == 'Regen' then
    					if player['main_job_id'] == 20 then
    						timer = tonumber(watchbuffs[name]) * buffExtension['LightArts'] - 5
    					end
    				end
    			elseif buffs:contains(419) then
    				timer = tonumber(watchbuffs[name]) * buffExtension['Composure'] - 5
    			end
    		else
    			timer = tonumber(watchbuffs[name]) - 5
    		end

send_command('timers c "'..name..' ('..target..')" '..timer..' down '..name)
    		createdTimers[#createdTimers+1] = name..' ('..target..')'
    	end
    end

function deleteTimer(mode,effect,target)
    	if mode == 1 then -- This mode is for when a buff drops off you (the gain buff triggers faster then the chat message
    			if createdTimers[u] == effect..' (Self)' then
    				send_command('timers d "'..effect..' (Self)"')
    			end
    		end
    	elseif mode == 2 then
    			if createdTimers[u] == effect..' ('..target..')' then
    				send_command('timers d "'..effect..' ('..target..')"')
    			end
    		end
    	else
    		return
    	end

end

function event_incoming_text(old,new,color)
    	if T{64,56,191}:contains(color) then
    		a,b,caster,caster_spell,target,target_effect = string.find(old,'(%w+) casts ([%w%s]+)..(%w+) gains the effect of (%w+).')
    		c,d,tWear,eWear = string.find(old,'(%w+)\'s (%w+) effect wears off.')
    		e,f,tar2,eff2 = string.find(old,'(%w+) gains the effect of (%w+).')
    		if a ~= nil then
    			if caster:lower() == player['name']:lower() then
    				createTimer(target_effect,target)
    			elseif target:lower() == player['name']:lower() then
    				createTimer(target_effect,target)
    			end
    		elseif c ~= nil then
    			deleteTimer(2,eWear,tWear)
    		elseif e ~= nil then
    			if tar2:lower() == player['name']:lower() then
    				createTimer(eff2,tar2)
    			end
    		end
    	end
    	return new, color  -- must be here or crashes will ensue
    end
    Nitrous24, thanks for working on that concept. I think what you're writing is similar to my idea for Timers, as can be seen here:
    https://github.com/Windower/Issues/issues/53
    Do you plan adding support for gear worn and merits etc to your script? In case of Perpetuance and Composure, there are few pieces of gear that further increase effect duration, for example (SCH AF3 hands, RDM full AF3 gear set).
    Good job thus far anyways!

Shirai

I'm feeling silly for asking but I really have no idea where to look and this is my first time working with Lua.

I'm adding the buffs for my own jobs to the bTimers.lua but for some reason it doesn't accept job abilities that have a space between them.
    I've tried several things, including putting them within quotes, partial text, without the space, with underscore, I just can't get it to register them.

Help?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    I'm feeling silly for asking but I really have no idea where to look and this is my first time working with Lua.

I'm adding the buffs for my own jobs to the bTimers.lua but for some reason it doesn't accept job abilities that have a space between them.
    I've tried several things, including putting them within quotes, partial text, without the space, with underscore, I just can't get it to register them.

Help?
    There is a nice post by Arcon explaining some things "LUA guide for programmers" http://forums.windower.net/topic/219...85#entry218985
    As for syntax, etc, you cantry googling for it. LUA is quite ubiquitous and a lot of help is available online. I.e., my friend uses LUA scriptig to do anime subtitle effects for intro/outro songs.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I can not get any of the lib folder lua add-ons to load, keeps saying does not exist.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ninita Nita
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Gnomeregan

Quote Originally Posted by Zirael View Post
    Nitrous24, thanks for working on that concept. I think what you're writing is similar to my idea for Timers, as can be seen here:
    https://github.com/Windower/Issues/issues/53
    Do you plan adding support for gear worn and merits etc to your script? In case of Perpetuance and Composure, there are few pieces of gear that further increase effect duration, for example (SCH AF3 hands, RDM full AF3 gear set).
    Good job thus far anyways!
    Not really in the cards. I mean at some point i can, but ihm is working on timers having yarnball function. If after that timers doesn't take into effect gear i will most certainly consider it.

Also:
    New addon done. It's purpose is adding "blacklist" fuction to ffochat.
    http://goo.gl/ryIUm I cant put it in the windower repo myself but i've a pull request in

Shirai

Quote Originally Posted by Zirael View Post
    There is a nice post by Arcon explaining some things "LUA guide for programmers" http://forums.windower.net/topic/219...85#entry218985
    As for syntax, etc, you cantry googling for it. LUA is quite ubiquitous and a lot of help is available online. I.e., my friend uses LUA scriptig to do anime subtitle effects for intro/outro songs.
    Thanks for the advise, I've looked through both the guide and put have probably read through the entire official Lua community site.
    Fore some reason I can't find it.

Taking my Monk for example:
    I get Impetus, Focus, Dodge, etc. no problem.

Things like Perfect Counter, Hundred Fists, Formless Strikes, etc. no matter what I try I can't get it to work.
    A few things I've tried with Perfect Counter as that is the fastest to try with:
    Perfect Counter, Perfect%sCounter, Perfect'%s'Counter, PerfectCounter, Perfect_Counter, "Perfect Counter".
    None of them work, with some I get the Lua to load but it doesn't register the buff, on others I get:
    Program Files (x86)\Windower4\\addons\bTimers\bTimers.lua:linenu mber '}' insert random error code.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ninita Nita
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Gnomeregan

Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    Thanks for the advise, I've looked through both the guide and put have probably read through the entire official Lua community site.
    Fore some reason I can't find it.

Taking my Monk for example:
    I get Impetus, Focus, Dodge, etc. no problem.

Things like Perfect Counter, Hundred Fists, Formless Strikes, etc. no matter what I try I can't get it to work.
    A few things I've tried with Perfect Counter as that is the fastest to try with:
    Perfect Counter, Perfect%sCounter, Perfect'%s'Counter, PerfectCounter, Perfect_Counter, "Perfect Counter".
    None of them work, with some I get the Lua to load but it doesn't register the buff, on others I get:
    Program Files (x86)\Windower4\\addons\bTimers\bTimers.lua:linenu mber '}' insert random error code.
    I apologize. I hate to steal your thunder. This was a really good idea. So updated mine
    http://goo.gl/yy99z - Added JA Support to bTimers -- JA syntax for 2 worded ones is Perfect_Counter, Last_Resort, etc
    https://github.com/Windower/Lua/tree/master/addons/libs -- Dependencies here

Quick Edit: JA timers have no spell icons. Sometimes something weird happens with timers that blanks out the name of the timer. Have no fear the timer will still work. You just won't know what it is. It's not a 100% occurance though so if it happens don't worry.

Edit2: Please feel free to PM Me ideas on here or on guildwork. I will likely have no issues adding anything.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Windower 4 crashes upon startup now. It doesnt even make it to the gui. I retried 4 times to be sure it wasn't some random bug. I made a dump of the processes like i vaguely recall earlier but i figure 137mb is a bit larger than what im supposed to send. Gonna see if a windows update i didnt install yet changes things.

Edit: No change.

Edit2:And now problem has fixed itself for absolutely no reason.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Any way to adjust the position on the new TParty? The positioning puts the first digit right over the edge of the window.
    http://www.gwcdn.com/albums/images/5...2c24abcfae.jpg

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ninita Nita
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Gnomeregan

http://goo.gl/yy99z -bTimers -Updated to hopefully fix perpetuance casted buffs.... for real this time
    https://github.com/Windower/Lua/tree/master/addons/libs -- Dependencies here

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 307 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast