BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 307 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
    Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Cairthenn View Post
    Not really, I was just making sure that you were saying that old plugin distribution by developers was not okay, but the ones from v4 release and on are.
    What I'm trying to say is that plugin distribution on the side was not okay and remains not okay. Either everyone should get it, or noone should get it.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

My point is that it can just as easily happen again regardless of you saying that it's not okay to me. I don't see why it wouldn't.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Cairthenn View Post
    My point is that it can just as easily happen again regardless of you saying that it's not okay to me. I don't see why it wouldn't.
    I don't see why it would...None of the developers responsible are affiliated with the project any more, and I trust my team.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

“You Can’t Believe Most of the What You Read on the Internet” - Abraham Lincoln

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

If someone like Nitrous or Byrth can jimmyrig a Lua plugin overnight, I fail to see how someone can't just write a plugin like ASE and sneak it around.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

It's also not like most of the things trying to be kept hidden are not publicly downloadable on ffevo anyways.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Stuff like allseeingeye still don't have any public downloads afaik, however you can find stuff with a decent google search.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

You'd be surprised. c.c

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagi View Post
    It's also not like most of the things trying to be kept hidden are not publicly downloadable on ffevo anyways.
    There are some things floating around for windower that have much more potential for abuse than anything you'll see on ffevo's site. That's what we're trying to prevent here, not some ASE clone.

Oh, and I might as well add that several of them have also gotten their respective developers banned. These aren't undetectable happy little plugins. They're dangerous to use.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Care to share some examples just for fun?

Quote Originally Posted by SargentRemora View Post
    Any way to adjust the position on the new TParty? The positioning puts the first digit right over the edge of the window.
    http://www.gwcdn.com/albums/images/5...2c24abcfae.jpg
    Didn't see this ever get answered, but I'm having the same issue. Not seeing anywhere to adjust positioning.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Naratu View Post
    Didn't see this ever get answered, but I'm having the same issue. Not seeing anywhere to adjust positioning.
    It's derived from the window size. We fixed some bugs with right-justified text boxes that is causing some of the positioning to be slightly off. I'll get a fix out for this tonight, but reporting anything else (make an issue, please, usually I forget what I see in forums before I get home) that looks wrong would be a great help.

Please Help! I cannot get the addons to load. I downloaded the aoebgone lua and put it in the addons folder. However when I type //lua l aoebgone in game, it says file does not exist!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by damet View Post
    Please Help! I cannot get the addons to load. I downloaded the aoebgone lua and put it in the addons folder. However when I type //lua l aoebgone in game, it says file does not exist!
    It needs to be in the Windower/addons/aeobgone/ folder, so Windower/addons/aeobgone/aeobgone.lua .

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrous24 View Post
    SpellTargetType seems to not be working with spellcast in 4.0 atm
    This should be fixed. Post if back if working or if still having the issue.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ninita Nita
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Gnomeregan

btimers updated to include altbuff tracking. this is toggled on/off with btimers showalt
    http://goo.gl/pKoAx -- btimers.lua
    http://goo.gl/Y7R0Q -- dependencies

I'm... not 100% on this update as i couldn't test when i had more than just my 2 characters. Also, I couldn't figure out how to track perpetuance between accounts, so it will only track base timer on other accounts. I apologize for this but i tried for a good 2-3 hours to figure it out. If you can manage it i'd be glad to fix it sometime.

I also updated byrth's aoebgone to include cor roll support. Please let me know if it's not working as specified. It has commands now as well type //aoe help to see them. The reason i'm reposting this one is because i had accidently left some open variables that was causeing weird issues

Fix awaiting push to windower/lua on github for aoebgone. in the meantime if you want it here it is: https://github.com/nitrous24/Lua/tre...ddons/aoeBgone

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I think Cairthenn's argument is correct on this issue. I don't think closed side distribution is entirely accurate. This issue aside, prior distributions were so limited that users should know the risk associated with such plugins.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

What argument, exactly, Yugl? That it could theoretically happen again? OK. So... what? I'm not seeing any argument being made.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

If I understand Aureus correctly, he's saying plugin distribution "on the side" (Meaning plugins only accessible to a select few) and risk are the reasons he's not enabling backwards compatibility. Cairthenn is saying distribution may happen "on the side" regardless of v3.4 or v4.0 version. That this hasn't happened to v4.0 yet is a temporal fact, not an absolute one. Furthermore, access to the unofficial ones is limited, so players using them should understand there is an even greater risk when using them. I understand that he wants to keep the playerbase safe by preventing such plugin's functionality, but given the obscure means of obtaining such plugins (And the fact that Windower isn't distributing them), I doubt that's an issue. In short, I don't see a fully substantial reason not to include backwards compatibility, but if he doesn't want to (Either too much work or simply doesn't like the idea of enabling such plugins) that's fine.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Backwards compatibility can't happen for purely technical reasons -- the interface changed, the old plugins don't implement it.

My reasons are for why we're not releasing new copies of the leaked plugins for 4.0.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 307 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast