Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 303 of 307 FirstFirst ... 253 293 301 302 303 304 305 ... LastLast

I've had issues with doing things on a character in the background (I multibox) since the update to 4.3.

I use an app to cash out sparks for me as doing the process by hand for 5 characters gets tedious very quickly. Worked perfect until 4.3, now the game just stops doing any form of inputting once I swap to another character.

Tried swapping back to 4.2, but that just brought another insanely annoying problem involving several phantom buttons being pushed every time I swapped to another character. Is there a way to get this shit working the way it did?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post

What in the shit is this?
    He released a Work In Progress version for anyone interested...

https://github.com/SirEdeonX/FFXIAdd...ster/xivhotbar

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

setkey should have be fixed in 4.3 a few days ago, so the solution is to go back to 4.3

I moved back to 4.3 shortly after the update.

Is anyone else experiencing stuttering when alt-tabbing in and out of Windower?
    It's only started happening recently. No changes on my computer (I've read that the dll was updated for Windows 10 Creator, but I'm holding back on that)
    When switching windows from/to Windower, there is slight input lag as well as a FPS drop for a few seconds then it catches back up. Makes it difficult to multi-box and switch windows quickly.

I've started trying out Ashita and that seems to switch in and out of the window just fine.

Having the same issue. Sometimes when alt-tabbing back and forth it'll act like I'm trying to input a command also, generally messing me up from performing actions from my shortcuts.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Is anyone else getting semi regular crashes?

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidFriend View Post
    I've had issues with doing things on a character in the background (I multibox) since the update to 4.3.

I use an app to cash out sparks for me as doing the process by hand for 5 characters gets tedious very quickly. Worked perfect until 4.3, now the game just stops doing any form of inputting once I swap to another character.

Tried swapping back to 4.2, but that just brought another insanely annoying problem involving several phantom buttons being pushed every time I swapped to another character. Is there a way to get this shit working the way it did?
    what app you using for the sparks?

Latest hook seemed to fix almost all my issues. Thank you for that.

Only issue I have remaining is sometimes when I alt-tab between instances (multi-boxing), I'll sometimes get the macro bar to pop up and it will refuse to go away. Hitting the ctrl key a lot doesn't fix it, and neither does logging out. Any ideas?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

no luck on fixing setkey ?

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    no luck on fixing setkey ?
    Setkey has been working here since 4.3.1.0, currently 4.3.1.1 (and continues to work)

Relic Shield
    BG Level

It doesnt work for the window not in focus though. So I cant use setkey numpad7 to make my mule stop following for an example. (I send it via send addon, or by using send to exec a script that does the setkey) This used to work before the creators update shenanigans. If i use the send command to the mule numpad7 (thats the autorun toggle) and wait a couple seconds and switch to the mule the setkey will then trigger, but it wont trigger while that window is in the background. Ive been patiently waitin and hopin for a fix. but its like the most annoying thing for me now since i discovered I could use setkey and it solved alot of problems for me to suddenly not be able to use it. For me it hasnt worked in any hook/launcher update since I updated to creators update.

Also have all these fixes so far been applied to the live version yet? Id rather use it than the dev version if possible.

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

This is on live, not dev, yes. Working for me out of focus with "send muleName setkey numpad8 down" [They start runnning] "setkey mulename numpad8 up" [stops running]

numpad7 itself doesn't seem to do anything, what are you doing then it's pressed? Normally if actually typing and game is in focus need to do 8down, 7down, 7up, 8up to get autorun.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

How I use it is if my mule is on follow, using numpad7 will turn off autorun, makin him stop following. numpad7 requires you to be in motion to start autorunning, so you cant just be standing and hit numpad7 and it starts goin. otherwise i can use the numpad8 to cancel follow but sometimes the camera isnt behind and it doesnt work or some other reason I havent figured out yet. but also numpad8 does have the problem of actually makin you back up a step which can mess up placement if you need them in a particular spot.

Ive been using the dev version figuring the next update to hook and launcher would be there first. Everytime i log on i give it the test since it broke (make mule follow me then send numpad7.) it nver stops him, until i switch focus to him. then you see "follow cancelled." I tested it last night and no workie. Since it broke i have also tried the numpad2 and 8. Oh also via autoexec i have the game hit the home key every time i zone (this prevents me from accidently rezoning) this would also do the same thing of actually happening only after i switched focus to that window.

Lemme try the live version now and I will get back to you on if its workin or not for me. I do use @others instead of mulename with send though. would that affect it?

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Tried exactly that with @others just now and it stopped following as you described - if it's still not working for you on live 4.3.1.1, definitely open a bug report on github as well

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I think i got spoiled on the constant and speedy responses on the ffxiah thread, and then it was said stuff was fixed and it wasnt fixed for me on dev (and i posted) and suddenly radio silence on the thread, so I was wondering lol. I was also checkin github and not seeing anything new in the change log. Live's launcher vers is a higher number than the dev i had so lets hope!

Ok soooo..... Using the numpad8. I put my mule by the wall aimed away from the wall in first person camera. clear space ahead of him to run. I switched to my main and inputed:

//send @others setkey numpad8 down

nothing happens. I alt+tab switch to mule, mule starts to run. I switch to main, mule stops. I switch to mule, mule starts to run. So it seems the key is being pressed, but only when it is in focus. When i switch back off the window, the key press stops, but resumes without any other input when i switch back to the mule's window. Man why does it work for everybody but me. It would be so much better if SE made /follow toggle following instead of always turning it on. EDIT: I might also add that some of my luas would use a single send_command that would exec a command for a script with a setkey or a direct setkey command before doin other stuff. And nothing after the setkey would go off til i switched to the window.

EDIT: Radec can you tell me do you have Always enable gamepad on or off? mine is off.

Also thanks for the quick responses!

Relic Shield
    BG Level

ok tried toggling always enable gamepad and setkey still not workin right, so that wasnt it.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbeansman View Post
    Is anyone else getting semi regular crashes?
    I've occasionally been crashing when logging out to switch characters.

Probably unrelated, but much more frequently than that I'm seeing the game freeze up and hang for like 3-10 seconds when triggering a zone change, before the screen even goes black. Often it will go just long enough to trigger the Windows "not responding" prompt, but it will still recover. It seems to be totally random. I've seen it happen where I cast a tele spell with 2 characters and one was fully loaded in and running around while the other's screen was still frozen showing the previous zone.

I think it's only been happening to me for around a week, at least with the frequency that I'm seeing now... but that was also when I started triboxing, which is suspicious. FWIW I use sandbox.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I had a crash on logout recently that came from Guildwork, so you might consider unloading that and seeing if you have problems anymore.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

It's definitely something with Guildwork. I would crash all the time a few weeks ago when switching mules and even made a windower ticket about it. I finally noticed it said something about guildwork and unloaded that and have been going weeks now without a crash while muling.