FFXIV Character
    Ihm Kasukabe
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Foldypaws View Post
    Two questions, both about Timers.

When using the graphical display, is there a way to get icons for the JAs like there is for the spells? I see that there's no "ja" folder of them like there is for spells but I don't know where I'd get them / how I'd number them.

Is there a way to go back to the old style recast, with just a name and recast, no icon or sliding bar?

Edit: Never mind, you can fix it by editing Timers.xml. Someone might want to change the bit that says "controls the settings for the WeatherMon plugin" because it doesn't >_>
    The JA icons haven't been made yet, when they are they will automatically be pushed out. I can't give an ETA on them though, focusing on other things right now.

And yeah, I failed on that >.> Copied the weathermon.xml as my base for the settings, you can see how that went xD.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    OK, generally like this a lot. Just used sleepga in Abyssea and the recast (timers) plugin displayed multiple lines of sleep (running all the way down the screen and over the chat box). Took a screenshot but the plugins were hidden so can't usefully show unfortunately. Was only sleeping 3-4 mobs so wasn't one per.
    I'm looking into that now, it happens to me so it's no problem to replicate.

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ihm View Post
    The // commands are still as is, they haven't changed at all, are you receiving a problem with them?

To edit your resolution, on the launcher click the edit button (The pencil), the settings are there.
    Yeah. It's telling me xxxxxxzx.text file not found.

Do I have to load my scripts into a new place?

Loving this. Anyone who's hesitant, here's the list of downsides to upgrading now:
    -Sandbox doesn't work until Aureus updates XI-Utils later today.

Just install the launcher, install plugins through it on first launch, then copy your scripts folder over, as well as various folders in plugins to overwrite your normal settings. Then you're done. Very easy transition. I had my client freeze on my initial load after plugin updates/checks, but I think it was because I went to load my character very quickly as usual.

If using send to control multiple characters, download it through the link provided, save it to addons/send/send.lua then load it via /lua load send.

Whole process to move over shouldn't take longer than a couple of minutes.

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by sfchakan View Post
    Loving this. Anyone who's hesitant, here's the list of downsides to upgrading now:
    -Sandbox doesn't work until Aureus updates XI-Utils later today.

Just install the launcher, install plugins through it on first launch, then copy your scripts folder over, as well as various folders in plugins to overwrite your normal settings. Then you're done. Very easy transition.

If using send to control multiple characters, download it through the link provided, save it to addons/send/send.lua then load it via /lua load send.

Whole process to move over shouldn't take longer than a couple of minutes.
    Where do I copy my scripts to?

The folder you installed the new windower to. It defaults to C:\Program Files (86)\Windower4. So put them in the /scripts folder there.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Sandbox actually does work with it from XI-Util. Replace the windowerhelper.dll in the XI-Util folder with the one in the OP (should be backwards compatible with 3.4 if you boot in that instead). Then you just have to sort of trick POL into booting in the sandboxes, so for example:
    1) I boot my "Byrth" profile from XI-Util, this pops up the normal 3.4 Windower.
    2) I close that and Launch from 4.0. Now it shows up in the Byrth sandbox.
    3) I boot my mule profile from XI-Util, normal 3.4 windower pops up again.
    4) Close it, launch from 4.0
    5) Repeat as needed

Very cool.

By the way, what command do you use to manipulate your little Dance addon, byrth? I could seem to get it to do anything when loaded.

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by sfchakan View Post
    The folder you installed the new windower to. It defaults to C:\Program Files (86)\Windower4. So put them in the /scripts folder there.
    yeah thats what was throwing me off thanks

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

XI-Util updated with new versions of Pricer, PlayerInfo and WindowerSandbox to be compatible with 4.0

You'll need to manually drop in the new WindowerHelper though, as it's not backwards-compatible with 3.4. The correct one is in lib/x86 in the zip linked from the OP

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Caprese Dionir
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Is there a yarnball or equivilent functionality plugin for this? Kind of a dealbreaker if not.

Shirai

Quote Originally Posted by Vyvian View Post
    Is there a yarnball or equivilent functionality plugin for this? Kind of a dealbreaker if not.
    I'm still using Slacker. http://forums.windower.net/topic/206...esque-program/

And as far as this Windower goes, nice work! I'm, really liking it.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Mmmmmmandraggggggooorrrraaaaa icon, sold

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ihm Kasukabe
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Vyvian View Post
    YarnBall will be part of Timers eventually.

Shirai

Quote Originally Posted by Ihm View Post
    YarnBall will be part of Timers eventually.
    Good to know, I really like the look of it.

Another thing; (It's unrelated to the actual windower itself but I hope someone can help me with it) With the new windower installed in the Program files folder Windows 8 is giving me trouble editing files in there.
    I have to copy my files elsewhere, edit them and then copy them back (As Administrator). I'm pretty sure it has to do with Windows 8's file policy in the program files folders but I'm unsure on where to change those if at all possible.
    (Please don't turn this into a "Windows 8 sucks go back to 7" convo, windows 8 is working fine for me on everything else and I'm not planning to go back as I have given my license for 7 to my dad. If you don't have a solid sollution for this then I'd rather see you just stay silent.)

Old Merits
    BG Level

I would like to preface by saying I am very grateful for windower and all the work the team has done, and am looking forward to seeing what 4.0 brings. Windower and all its plugins make a tremendous difference to what we can do ingame.

The reasons behind not releasing the C++ API are patronising and don't address the real reasons for it. Support doesn't need to be provided to the people who would choose to use it, there is no good reason why people can't be given the freedom to fuck up their own windower in C++.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Fake View Post
    I would like to preface by saying I am very grateful for windower and all the work the team has done, and am looking forward to seeing what 4.0 brings. Windower and all its plugins make a tremendous difference to what we can do ingame.

The reasons behind not releasing the C++ API are patronising and don't address the real reasons for it. Support doesn't need to be provided to the people who would choose to use it, there is no good reason why people can't be given the freedom to fuck up their own windower in C++.
    Those are the real reasons for it. I can't help you disagreeing with them.

The real question is why do you -want- an API that can segfault the parent process, and produces files that aren't modifiable.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Why does the API produce segmentation faults in the first place?

Having issues launching instances via XI Utils directly. I copied over the new Helper.

I get to the dark blue Play screen and it hangs. Not sure if it's plugin related or drawing-related.

Can launch Windower4 just fine.

Also, is there a way to edit the background resolution for Windower4 and still have it draw to fullscreen, along with being able to ALT+TAB? I can do this via XI-Utils/Windower3.X. I typically do this with secondary characters because after I load 3, I start laggin a bit.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Caprese Dionir
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post

Another thing; (It's unrelated to the actual windower itself but I hope someone can help me with it) With the new windower installed in the Program files folder Windows 8 is giving me trouble editing files in there.
    I have to copy my files elsewhere, edit them and then copy them back (As Administrator). I'm pretty sure it has to do with Windows 8's file policy in the program files folders but I'm unsure on where to change those if at all possible.
    (Please don't turn this into a "Windows 8 sucks go back to 7" convo, windows 8 is working fine for me on everything else and I'm not planning to go back as I have given my license for 7 to my dad. If you don't have a solid sollution for this then I'd rather see you just stay silent.)
    It's possible to turn UAC off via a registry edit, but any program that is categorized as an "app" (runs in the new Start interface), won't run while it is off. You have a choice of where to install it, so I installed mine in the root of C drive and I'm having no problems with editing there (C:\Windower4)

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ihm Kasukabe
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post

Firstly, if you go to google and search for "windows 8 take ownership", the first link should be to eightforums, that will (Assuming its the right page, I don't have url posting permissions yet >.<) add a Take Ownership button onto your right click menu. If you then right click your windower folder and click Take Ownership then it will take over that folder properly allowing you to actually do stuff you want...

That's the only thing I really dislike about Windows 8, it winds me up to no end, and I've been using it since release x.x. Hopefully that helps~

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 307 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast