Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Next version update to blink in to a Vana'diel near you! (03/13/2013)

Next version update to blink in to a Vana'diel near you! (03/13/2013)

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics.../9980/9980.jpg

Adventurers, We hope you are as excited as your moogle compatriots for the next version update, scheduled to come warping in on Wednesday, March 27.

This update will see the sun rising on Seekers of Adoulin, bringing with it a veritable cornucopia of related content, including the rune fencer and geomancer jobs, reive and skirmish battle content, and a bevy of new missions and quests.

* In order to play Seekers of Adoulin, players must install data from the expansion disk, register the content ID, link their Play Online ID to their SQUARE ENIX account, and perform the necessary transfer procedures.

Hmmm....

Reive is a scottish miiltary plundering exercise.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

* In order to play Seekers of Adoulin, European players must magically create a download for their FFXI version and then buy it and do all the subsequent stuff.

/slightly pissed off.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Taim Meich View Post
    * In order to play Seekers of Adoulin, European players must magically create a download for their FFXI version and then buy it and do all the subsequent stuff.

/slightly pissed off.
    rofls seriously, the version update was announced earlier then the ability for EU players to buy the game ahahahaha, fuck you SE

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I used the EU WOTG install for the US version (and so did many, many others). It involved a simple registry trick. I mean, that doesn't help with a code, but yeah. You should have no problem getting it installed. ^^;

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I think that is the first instance of the terms Reive and Skirmish being used.. 2 new events that they haven't talked about thus far.

Skirmish may probably be the event that encompasses the signet in SoA.. because Signet, Sanction, Sigil...

and Reive means to rob / plunder / raid..
    interestingly it's japanese name is phonetic.. so you could read it as Rave as well. get ready for jungle house

The description they're giving makes it sound like this patch is purely Seekers stuff so it won't have any job updates or the like. Was kinda hoping they would toss in some of the adjustments they've talked about (Magic damage, WS merits, one-hander adjustments, enmity etc). Not all of it obviously, but was hoping there'd be something from that.

Ah well, I'll be busy doing quests and missions anywho.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I really wanted to try the play as a mobster system. Wonder when that will be released.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    I really wanted to try the play as a mobster system. Wonder when that will be released.
    Already out.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/wp-co...her-boxart.jpg

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Well played.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think Reive is the third picture and it looks like instanced stuff. It would be nice if the expansion launches with actual endgame content right away, especially if it has gear for the new jobs.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Taim Meich View Post

/slightly pissed off.
    You and me both, made me laugh lol

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    The description they're giving makes it sound like this patch is purely Seekers stuff so it won't have any job updates or the like. Was kinda hoping they would toss in some of the adjustments they've talked about (Magic damage, WS merits, one-hander adjustments, enmity etc). Not all of it obviously, but was hoping there'd be something from that.

Ah well, I'll be busy doing quests and missions anywho.
    I am fine with that GEO and RUN allready bring maybe options as SJ (tough limited I think) and there is tons of stuff to do!

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

They haven't talked about any concrete plans for adjustments to any of those things (it's all been could, maybe, might), so I really didn't (and still don't) expect to see any of those adjustments happen until after Seekers.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm getting excited!! 13 days left until it comes out. So glad I'm gonna be off work too for release.

Really interested in Reive and how RUN and GEO will play out.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I bet they'll at least implement 2 job adjustments... embrava and PD nerf everywhere heh.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So you can take part in emergency maints?!

I'll be avoiding the game for the most part until a week later when things have calmed down slightly.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    They haven't talked about any concrete plans for adjustments to any of those things (it's all been could, maybe, might), so I really didn't (and still don't) expect to see any of those adjustments happen until after Seekers.
    I believe they said they wanted the def changes and enmity changes ready for the launch though. Also, I think they wanted to get the 1h buff in too

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

How do I go about purchasing this now? Will it just give me a reg number to use on my SE account?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Derped.

Thank god there is a digital option because my CDROM is fucked.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Someone should make a sticky guide for registering the new expansion and hooking up their Squeenix account for people coming back to the game for this expansion. And by someone I mean someone else. Maybe Batman. It's my day off and I'm going to play Star Ocean on the couch all day.

And yeah, Shep. If you get it from Squeenix's store they'll send you an email to some third party support site that handles the financial stuff. You can look up the order on their website, and when the game is released that page will have your registration code on it. If you get it from Amazon it'll be on the Digital Downloads page for your Amazon account, written under the link to the file download.