1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 58 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 0 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 9 hours, 58 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

The third mouse button makes the G600>Naga. Love it. I myself use the G600 and a Nostromo, the G13 was just too large for my liking.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Regarding logitech software, LGS used with a G700 is the worst fucking shit ever if you use the mouse wirelessly. Mega buggy software, not sure if it also bugs out when plugged in. And that's just using it at work, I've read a lot of gaming horror stories...

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I'm not sure I'd ever trust a wireless mouse for gaming in the first place. Maybe the technology has improved since I last looked, but the additional complexity of wireless and congestion of the 2.4GHz band most of them use is one more headache I wouldn't want to have to deal with.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Stromgarde View Post
    I'm not sure I'd ever trust a wireless mouse for gaming in the first place. Maybe the technology has improved since I last looked, but the additional complexity of wireless and congestion of the 2.4GHz band most of them use is one more headache I wouldn't want to have to deal with.
    Its more fun when someones mouse dies during a big fight

My keyboard died once during an Odin playing healer for a DD party. Was a fun minute while I scrambled for some new AAs.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I've been using wireless Logitec mouse/keyboard for a couple of years, and while it's not good when batteries run out, during combat/raid, I usually have a good chunk of time to recognize the battery lights are indicating I need to change batteries. Usually, I'll wake up and it's gone out during the night. It's the only way to game with my chair and TV setup.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I use a Logitech wireless keyboard and every so often there will be some retarded interference that causes key strokes to be missed or repeated. It can get so bad that you just can't type at all. I do have a wired keyboard for backup purposes but it's shit so I wouldn't use it as my main. Maybe I need to invest in a good wired one.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

You can pry the wires out of my keyboard and mouse over my dead body.

I don't even understand the popularity of wireless kb/m on desktop computers. I'm at a desk. The PC doesn't move, the monitor doesn't move. I route my wires for kb/m when I get the desk and leave them there for the next forever. Why would I want to introduce dying batteries into the equation?

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'll agree with you there... until the day when I remember to buy a long enough HDMI cable to run to my TV for big-screen PC funs.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    I use a Logitech wireless keyboard and every so often there will be some retarded interference that causes key strokes to be missed or repeated. It can get so bad that you just can't type at all. I do have a wired keyboard for backup purposes but it's shit so I wouldn't use it as my main. Maybe I need to invest in a good wired one.
    I used to have that problem, I solved it by using an USB hub. Connect your keyboard to the hub, leave the hub on your desk - that's far enough from your PC case - and voila, no more interferences, problem solved.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post

I don't even understand the popularity of wireless kb/m on desktop computers. I'm at a desk. The PC doesn't move, the monitor doesn't move. I route my wires for kb/m when I get the desk and leave them there for the next forever. Why would I want to introduce dying batteries into the equation?
    My tower uses my 39 inch 1080P TV as a monitor. I sit on my couch for all things PC related, hence my use of a wireless Keyboard and Mouse. If I was at a desk, I'd agree with you, but shit is situational son.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post

Because wireless still works better than chewed-through cords!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Sounds like poorly trained animals are causing you to spend more money on less! Bad dog is bad!

I really dislike the inconsistency of wireless too. I don't own anything wireless other than my phone and tv remote.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kami View Post
    I used to have that problem, I solved it by using an USB hub. Connect your keyboard to the hub, leave the hub on your desk - that's far enough from your PC case - and voila, no more interferences, problem solved.
    Interesting. What's strange though is even as much as me moving my chair to a different place can cancel out the interference.

I can't think of one benefit of having a wireless keyboard in my setup, only reason I've not replaced it is it still works fine 99% of the time. Battery issues are a concern when playing XIV however, had it die during fights before but I play DD so it hasn't caused a disaster yet. That risk may well be too big in certain content in ARR. I should have the battery icon always visible in my task bar but I don't since I hate clutter and normally get about 3 months out of batteries.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Mine has a battery light indicator on the keyboard and mouse. Might look into a different brand if the one you had didn't have them.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Dude this keyboard doesn't even have caps lock and num lock lights or a scroll lock button nevermind battery lights. Never buying Logitech stuff, this wireless gear came with my old PC about 5 years ago.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

But I like my wired, glow in the dark keyboard , that I use at an average of 12 hours per day ;/

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Dude this keyboard doesn't even have caps lock and num lock lights or a scroll lock button nevermind battery lights. Never buying Logitech stuff, this wireless gear came with my old PC about 5 years ago.
    Mines a Logitek MK520 keyboard/mouse; they even have a switch to turn them off and save battery power when you're not using them (though honestly, I don't even use that since I forget to do it every evening). I'd take another look, if not Logitech, something else is bound to have this kind of stuff since 5 years ago. Grab a Lapgear Delux to rest your keyboard/mouse on (if you game from a couch/recliner chair) and you're golden. >_>

Vuitton

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    But I like my wired, glow in the dark keyboard , that I use at an average of 12 hours per day ;/
    I think we use the same keyboard? Is it this one? It's a wired keyboard. Not sure which Keyboard Seph was talking about, but this one does have caps lock / num lock lights. They're just not shown in the photo. They'd be on the lower right hand side under the 10-key on that thin black band. It's not a "gaming" keyboard, but I love it. It's as thin as a cracker and it's pretty. Good enough for me. >:D

Also, who the fuck uses scroll lock? Get out.

^ I love that keyboard its so quiet also! I have the same

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast