+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Transistor (from the makers of Bastion)

http://supergiantgames.com/?p=1816
    First Look at Our Next Game: Transistor

Posted by Greg on March 19, 2013

We are very, very excited to reveal today a new game we’ve been working on here at Supergiant, a science-fiction-themed action RPG we’re calling Transistor. We’ll have an early build playable this week at PAX East at our booth #892, and right now, we have our reveal trailer! Check it out and read on.

Transistor invites players to wield an extraordinary weapon of unknown origin as they explore a stunning futuristic city. We’re designing our next game to seamlessly integrate thoughtful strategic planning into a fast-paced action experience, complete with our studio’s signature melding of responsive gameplay and rich atmospheric storytelling. All of us from the Bastion development team are working together again on this new project, with the aid of a handful of talented new people who’ve joined us since Bastion’s launch.

Welcome to the world of Transistor.

In Transistor, players assume the role of a young woman who gains control of a powerful weapon after a mysterious group of assailants nearly kills her with it. Now she must fight from street to street against forces that will stop at nothing to recover the weapon. During the course of the adventure, players will piece together the Transistor’s mysteries as they pursue its former owners.

We expect Transistor to be released in early 2014. We have not yet decided on which platform or platforms the game will be available for.

The Transistor is a powerful weapon of mysterious origin.

We know you’ll have a lot of questions about Transistor, so we’ll be putting together a FAQ that addresses them, as well as answering more via Twitter and Facebook — and in person at PAX East this week! And now that the cat’s out of the bag, we’ll be keeping you posted on how development is coming along in the weeks and months to come. We can’t wait to hear what you think!

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I don't tend to get into a lot of Indie games, but I loved the shit out of Bastion. This definitely looks awesome.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmir Rainteau
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

This pleases me.

Im loving the music.

Totally getting this.

Anti-crusade crusader
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Day 1 if it's as cheap as Bastion.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Wow!, I am loving the tactical combo system they have going there.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

First Bastion, now this. These guys will go far.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    Im loving the music.
    Same.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/02/...le-to-exploit/
    Enemies in the upcoming Transistor, the second title from Bastion creators Supergiant Games will evolve with the player, creative director Greg Kasavin has said.

The main antagonists of Transistor go by the name the “Process,” a group of enemies that are designed to challenge the player throughout the game. Initially, they’ll have weaknesses that can be exploited by the enemy, but depending on how the player fights them, they’ll start to evolve, covering up their weaknesses. From the sound of things, they’ll also be gaining other abilities based off the player, instead of simply getting more health and dishing out more damage.

In later encounters you’ll have to weigh a number of different priorities as you take on a dangerous faction called the Process. The Process has several unusual properties, such as how it gains experience levels and new abilities over the course of the game, shoring up weaknesses you’ve been able to exploit.

One of the assets players will have when going up against the Process is the time pause system shown off in gameplay videos last year, one of the mechanics that set Transistor apart from Bastion. Interestingly however, the game won’t force you to use the pause system in a given way, instead allowing each player to adapt it to their own style of play.

Whether they use it to press the attack or as a last-ditch measure or for evasive maneuvers, or just for pausing and surveying, it’s all viable in any proportion with the real-time combat.

We knew we were onto something with it when we noticed that everyone on our team was using [The pause system] differently when we played.

Transistor will launch later this year on PC and PlayStation 4. Linux and Mac releases will follow.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I'm all about indie games after Banished, so bring em on. Fuck the AAA corporate shill companies.

Another Islam Thread
    BG Level

I keep reading that this is coming to PC and PS4 only, but the gameplay videos show the xbox controller's buttons. Wonder if its a timed-exclusive deal?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

PC uses the Xbox controller as the default. It's a Microsoft thang.

May 20th! $19.99 PC/PS4 Pretty excited about it getting such a close release date.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Sweet, just a week before my birthday!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls