Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Introducing the SQUARE ENIX Software Token Application (03/21/2013)

Coming in early April, this new smartphone application will allow players to generate one-time passwords. We highly recommend it to our users as a quick and easy way to enhance the security of your Square Enix account with your iOS or Android device.

Further details will be announced at a later date.
    Nice, even though I'm still using my XI token and the XIV CE token is just collecting dust

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

About time. Although my XI token is still fine and my XIV token is on standby, I would prefer an iOS app!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

It's a good idea when logging in away from home but when I'm at home pushing a button on the token seems easier than getting to my phone app. Hopefully using the app won't stop the standalone token from working.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    It's a good idea when logging in away from home but when I'm at home pushing a button on the token seems easier than getting to my phone app. Hopefully using the app won't stop the standalone token from working.
    Wouldn't surprise me if you can only use one method.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

All that mobile development has come in handy. I am hopeful this won't negate the security tokens. I can't see why it would.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

This is amazingly awesome. I always end up losing my token somewhere on my desk.

And by lose it I mean it's directly in front of me but for some reason is invisible to my eyes for a good 3 minutes of sheer panic.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

My cats always knock mine off the desk and hide it under things.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    My cats always knock mine off the desk and hide it under things.
    Same. A typical day with my cat is 1) grabs item and runs away 2) looks left 3) looks right 4) knows I can't reach her for a good 5-6 seconds 5) snap, broken item.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That's what you get for living with Satan incarnate.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Nice that I won't need to drag my token anywhere if I happen to want to log into anything official from out of the house. That's about it though, I don't mind my original token from XI and I still have my XIV CE token as a backup.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

While I am currently firmly planted in the Android camp, I find myself noticing the lack of mention of Windows Phone (and can't but wonder if they will create one for whatever take on Linux Tizen will use down the road).
    Of course, they can still use the old token, but platform locking makes me a sad tarutaru :/

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    While I am currently firmly planted in the Android camp, I find myself noticing the lack of mention of Windows Phone (and can't but wonder if they will create one for whatever take on Linux Tizen will use down the road).
    Of course, they can still use the old token, but platform locking makes me a sad tarutaru :/
    Windows Phone is actually really good, it's shame it probably won't gain enough traction to sustain itself. Competition only makes everyone better.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You can't have more than one physical token active at a time so this makes me think that you won't be able to have a physical token and mobile app active at the same time either. Also, when you decommission a physical token, it can never be used again.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Each token is stamped with a number on the back; that number is used in some magic formula to vomit out the code you need to enter.

I would imagine the app requires you to enter that number, so it works exactly the same without negating the token itself. Both should still work.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Each token is stamped with a number on the back; that number is used in some magic formula to vomit out the code you need to enter.

I would imagine the app requires you to enter that number, so it works exactly the same without negating the token itself. Both should still work.
    If it's anything like with other companies then nope, that's not how it works.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Ya I have yet to see a company that allows you to use both. I highly doubt it'll be the case.

Gonna keep using my token until the cats or baby manage to break it (surprised both it and my Bliz one have survived this long with the amount of drool that gets on them). If/when they do break I'll probably switch to the phone app.

Knowing how bad their security tokens security actually is, I'll move to the phone app immediately.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I hope they make this for windows phone too.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm curious if you will be able to have the app on both your iPhone and iPad at the same time. Would be nice in case one breaks.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Nice, even though I'm still using my XI token and the XIV CE token is just collecting dust
    Finally, good way to access SE website when your not at home

Since everyone bring their key everywhere