BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Seekers of Adoulin Questions & Solutions Thread

Instead of making a new thread, direct your questions here! This should consolidate any potential problems so the forums aren't any more of a mess than they have to be during this XI-traffic-heavy time.

I'll keep this post updated with some key information as it's presented.

Version Update Notes

.DAT Mining Findings
    .DAT Mining Discussion

Version Update Files

Seekers of Adoulin Install

March 27th Patch Files

Extract the files to somewhere convenient, then copy and paste the folders into your FINAL FANTASY XI directory. Merge and overwrite. You sitll have to run the check through POL, but this should cover most of the file downloads.

NSFW Adventures
    Register to see the NSFW content
    My expansion is a different region from my install, what do I do?

This isn't necessary for Seekers of Adoulin, but if you are using the Collection to install WOTG, TOAU, etc. from a different region than your main install, you may want to consider this!

Spoiler: show
    If your game is installed in another language, this may not work!

1. Locate and open regedit.
    2. Locate your PlayOnline directory within regedit. Commonly HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\PlayOnline[RegionAbbreviation]
    3. Right click the branch (the folder that says PlayOnlineEU).
    4. Click export. Save to somewhere convenient.
    5. Right click (don't attempt to open) the file you made and click edit (Notepad/Notepad++ are fine).
    6. Replace EVERY PlayOnlineEU entry with PlayOnline US. Save.
    7. Now double click the file and confirm to enter registry. (If you want to be sure you did it right, your registry listing should have a directory for two versions).
    8. You can now install the US version.
    9. When you're done, you can simply repeat the process in reverse to restore your registry to the original version.

Registering the expansion key

1. Login to your SEAccount
    2. Click FFXI
    3. Enter code
    4. Select POL ID
    5. All done!

Regarding this:

• You will receive this message upon logging into any character for which you have registered SOA. This is normal. It will go away after the patch on 3/27.

General Update Advice
    • Unload Sandbox before updating (If you use that)
    • Windower > Plugins > Resources > Delete these files. Type //updateresources within the game.
    • Windower > Plugins > Delete resources (XML file, NOT the VER file!). Redownload here: http://resources.windower.net/resources.xml
    • Redownload and reinstall DATs.
    • If you crash, unload plugins and load them one-by-one until you crash again.
    • Do not publicly ask for bots when using these forums.
    • If you've switched to Windower v4, plugins will update automatically upon launch when available.
    • Ashita extensions update via SVN, so you shouldn't need to DL them.
    • Check here for updates and solutions.

Update breaks and Solutions

Windower Plugins
    • The guildwork yell functionality is currently broken.
    • Download Windower 4.0 and plugins will fix themselves when you run the launcher
    • Move XMLs etc to the W4.0 folder

Ashita Extensions
    • The guildwork yell functionality is currently broken.
    • Core update

Other breaks

Campaign
    BG Level

Unload Sandbox before updating (If you use that)
    Short and painless.
    Always wondered: is this necessary only if you access the game through windower or through XI-Utils? Do you need to do it even if you launch it from the original POL inside the FFXI folder?

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm fairly certain you would have to un-sandbox regardless of how you launch given the way it indexes your files interacting badly with the update.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Any ideas on this?

Still having issues installing the download off of amazon.com for my EU steam account. I downloaded it fine and registered the codes fine. I get the message "Cannot access all areas without expansion installed.

Locate and open regedit. Did this
    Locate your PlayOnline directory within regedit. Commonly HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\PlayOnline[RegionAbbreviation] And this
    Right click the branch (the folder that says PlayOnlineEU). Check
    Click export. Save to somewhere convenient. Yup
    Right click (don't attempt to open) the file you made and click edit (Notepad/Notepad++ are fine). Used notepad
    Replace EVERY PlayOnlineEU entry with PlayOnline US. Save. I checked and double checked they are all Playonline US with the space
    Now double click the file and confirm to enter registry. (If you want to be sure you did it right, your registry listing should have a directory for two versions). This is the case
    You can now install the US version.
    When you're done, you can simply repeat the process in reverse to restore your registry to the original version.

I cannot, it says FFXI is not installed. the expansion is currently sat in a file on my desktop....This maybe the issue?

Any ideas?

Edit: This was after it went live. I closed down and restarted 11 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Xet View Post
    Any ideas on this?

Still having issues installing the download off of amazon.com for my EU steam account. I downloaded it fine and registered the codes fine. I get the message "Cannot access all areas without expansion installed.

Locate and open regedit. Did this
    Locate your PlayOnline directory within regedit. Commonly HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\PlayOnline[RegionAbbreviation] And this
    Right click the branch (the folder that says PlayOnlineEU). Check
    Click export. Save to somewhere convenient. Yup
    Right click (don't attempt to open) the file you made and click edit (Notepad/Notepad++ are fine). Used notepad
    Replace EVERY PlayOnlineEU entry with PlayOnline US. Save. I checked and double checked they are all Playonline US with the space
    Now double click the file and confirm to enter registry. (If you want to be sure you did it right, your registry listing should have a directory for two versions). This is the case
    You can now install the US version.
    When you're done, you can simply repeat the process in reverse to restore your registry to the original version.

I cannot, it says FFXI is not installed. the expansion is currently sat in a file on my desktop....This maybe the issue?

Any ideas?

Edit: This was after it went live. I closed down and restarted 11 as well.
    I don't often suggest patching files for those who aren't computer literate but you may have to man up and attempt it.

1. Find your exact FFXI folder, I recommend traversing the registry to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\PlayOnline[RegionAbbreviation]\InstallFolder and Key 0001 will have a ...\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI folder listed. This is your FFXI folder.

2. Download both these patches and unzip them: http://www.thec0mmission.us/FinalFan..._Of_Adoulin.7z http://thec0mmission.us/xi/XI_Patch_03-27-13_V2.7z

3. Install them respectively as such: http://thec0mmission.us/xi/how-to-copy.png
    Note: You're merging the directories with the ones from the patch folders into your FFXI folder, if it isn't asking you to merge/replace you're doing something wrong.

4. Run a file check from POL

Tell me how it goes, this may help with your issue as well Maguile.

Yeah, I am now discovering that ordering off of SE's EU site and the UK Gamesplanet with an American credit card seems to be an issue... Trading is looking like a much better option.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Or bought the wrong one too, lol. The whole issue with changing your regions in S-E account definitely confused some people. Ask around.
    It's not just the confusion. Buying an EU code from the US can be massive ballache too. I emigrated from the UK to the US and anti-fraud measures just constantly get in the way.

SE Store wouldn't let me buy from them as I'm in the US. Gamesplanet flagged me up for verification and then cancelled the order even after I explained my circumstance. I had to get a friend to buy it for me in the end and just sent him the money back over Paypal.

It's the same with renewing accounts. I can no longer pay for my account with Paypal or my UK cards or Crysta, fortunately a US card does work. It's SE who are the issue not my bank too as I can use my card/paypal/etc with other online vendors. And my bank are aware I emigrated so know to authorize it/not flag it as fraud.

I understand why SE do it, it's just a massive pain in the ass because there's no leeway at all with them. Even if you explain and can prove it, they still refuse to take your money.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Devinry. Garokk on Guildwork has an EU code and wants to trade for a US one.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Please help.

I have bought and registered the addon and when i click on the small 2.10mb 'download this to get your game' link from SE i then double click on it and i get the message...

'Certificate authentication failed, please reinstall to correct the problem'

Tried over and over and keep getting same.

Also i tried to manually download the file from the link on page one of this thread and i copied/pasted that into my FFXI folder and then i click on 'setup' from within that folder (which is called SoA) and the installer starts and then stops quickly saying...

'Must have FFXI installed to install SoA' (or words to that effect.

FFXI is installed.

Please help.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I still have not received my registration code for SoA. I bought it from the SE website two days ago. I know the 2nd email with the registration code was delayed for some people, but, i would have thought I would have received it by the time the expansion went live.

Anyone else still not have their registration code?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Devinry. Garokk on Guildwork has an EU code and wants to trade for a US one.
    Jem, thanks for the heads up. Made the trade. Appreciate the help.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Kaces View Post
    I don't often suggest patching files for those who aren't computer literate but you may have to man up and attempt it.

1. Find your exact FFXI folder, I recommend traversing the registry to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\PlayOnline[RegionAbbreviation]\InstallFolder and Key 0001 will have a ...\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI folder listed. This is your FFXI folder.

2. Download both these patches and unzip them:

3. Install them respectively as such:
    Note: You're merging the directories with the ones from the patch folders into your FFXI folder, if it isn't asking you to merge/replace you're doing something wrong.

4. Run a file check from POL

Tell me how it goes, this may help with your issue as well Maguile.
    Deleted urls as i cannot post them. In my ffxi folder in the registry it does not have rom folders par se. There are numbered files unlike nothing i have seen before. (FFXI still works fine). The file types to the download look totally different to the how to copy ones.

Edit: They show as a file type REG_DWORD looks like binary data?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Nvm im just downloading a US version of everything, least I'll have a spare code for someone lol

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Question: Purchased the Ultimate Collection, Desktop'd the install, etc... Its going to install everything over? POL/COP/TOAU/WOTG/etcetc? Or is there a way to just install SoA with the Ultimate Collection? Registered the code and all.

(I needed Shantoto and Seekers, So figured its 10 for 1 and 30 for the other, might as well just buy the ultimate, get both, and a neat shirt/hat)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You can choose what to install.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Did not give me that option, Just flat out began installing. I'll double check see if i missed a step...

Suppose i need to install the Ultimate Collection, the 5400~MB file, Then once thats installed chose which Expansion/etc to DL

Requiescat in pace.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Question: Purchased the Ultimate Collection, Desktop'd the install, etc... Its going to install everything over? POL/COP/TOAU/WOTG/etcetc? Or is there a way to just install SoA with the Ultimate Collection? Registered the code and all.

(I needed Shantoto and Seekers, So figured its 10 for 1 and 30 for the other, might as well just buy the ultimate, get both, and a neat shirt/hat)
    You can only install seekers. Code will activate everything though.

EDIT: meh beaten.

for me it popped up a list of checkboxes asking what i wanted to install.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If it makes any difference i ordered from the SE Official area. Got the FFXI Ultimate>blah>DownloadManager ... Double click > Install a 5400MB File (Step 1/4)... Guess i just didnt expect it to be so big lol

Requiescat in pace.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    If it makes any difference i ordered from the SE Official area. Got the FFXI Ultimate>blah>DownloadManager ... Double click > Install a 5400MB File (Step 1/4)... Guess i just didnt expect it to be so big lol
    yeah the whole shebang is 5 gigs, Isnt there somewhere here on BG where you can download just SoA?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Its on the front page of this thread.

Still, Knowing i"m not reinstalling everything I'm cool with letting it take the ~30 minutes to Download

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast