BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

5 radial arcana
    1 cure recant
    The rest of t2 matters even less than those

I would guess blaze of glory and ecliptic attrition 5/5 for tier 1.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I would definitely put 3-4 points into mending halation. With 2 merits, it heals almost 400 to all party members.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Does mending/radial share recast?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Does mending halation hit alliances?

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Does mending/radial share recast?
    Nope, can do each every 5 minutes. I can't wait till we get equipment that improves it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    I would definitely put 3-4 points into mending halation. With 2 merits, it heals almost 400 to all party members.
    Does it matter what geo spell is cast? So a low mp geo spell like geo_poison or a geo buff will give that high of a return? Man talk about mp recovery every 5 minutes if its the same.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by kenshyn View Post
    Does it matter what geo spell is cast? So a low mp geo spell like geo_poison or a geo buff will give that high of a return? Man talk about mp recovery every 5 minutes if its the same.
    Nope. I use Geo Regen and receive the same returns.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Well that just makes those mfing better than gold. Wow geo just moves up and up with that very nice....

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Does the new cape add to any of the spells?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    5 radial arcana
    1 cure recant
    The rest of t2 matters even less than those

I would guess blaze of glory and ecliptic attrition 5/5 for tier 1.
    I went with blaze of glory and dematerialize, 1 min of superbuffed debuff seems more worth to me kind of :/

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Just saw a post in the Bugs section of the official forums that Lifestream cape is only givin5 skill instead of 10 it says.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

so what's the common consensus for G1 and G2 merits, now?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Elavon View Post
    so what's the common consensus for G1 and G2 merits, now?
    go with what you see fit for yourself

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

i asked common consensus, not a playstyle... if i'd have that much time i'd already taken care of it..

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

i asked common consensus, not a playstyle... if i'd have that much time i'd already taken care of it..
    For G2 I personally did 5/5 for both radial and halation. I very rarely use Full Circle and the recast time for elemental magic on GEO is short enough imo.

For G1 5/5 Ecliptic and Dematerialize. It's really a toss up between Dematerialize/Blaze of Glory/Life Cycle. You essentially get the same use out of all of them.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

it really depends on how and on which events you play GEO.

I go for 5/5 dematerialize and blazy of glory, haveing a 1 min buffed up debuff that cant get destroyed on those mobs that are so AoE happy is really nice.

5/5 Radial and on the last one I a torn between haveing an emergency cure command "Life Cycle" or AoE party healing. One would benefit my survivability standing near delve bosses or naakuals the other one for my party that is usually anyway consistent of mages and out of danger.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Thanks, no i have something to think about :D

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Not had much experience with my GEO in group play lately, but a couple things has been popping up in my mind.

What are the situations where you'd prefer to use Lasting Emanation over Ecliptic Attrition? As it stands, I'm just assuming if the luopan is being used for offensive purpose, better to go Ecliptic for potency, since the luopan probably won't last long enough vs NM AoEs for Lasting Emanation to be worth a damn. Otherwise, use Dematerialize/Blaze of Glory combo and life-cycle some HP back into it (since they're all a 10min timer unmerited, they fit nicely used in succession).

Lasting Emanation just seems like something I'd slap onto a regen/refresh luopan for whenever the frig I use them.

For 1hr, Bolster stacks with Ecliptic? Probably will never end up using 1hr without dematerialize up to protect the luopan also.

As for merits, I went 5/5 Blaze/Dematerialize for Cat1, 5/5 MP JA, 4/5 HP JA, 1/5 LifeCycle-HP for Cat2
    Figured having the HP return on life cycle even at 1/5 is better than none, particularly if the HP JA recast isn't up. Will need to see how much I get back though, and the MP efficiency of it vs. throwing myself a Cure3/4.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Not had much experience with my GEO in group play lately, but a couple things has been popping up in my mind.

What are the situations where you'd prefer to use Lasting Emanation over Ecliptic Attrition? As it stands, I'm just assuming if the luopan is being used for offensive purpose, better to go Ecliptic for potency, since the luopan probably won't last long enough vs NM AoEs for Lasting Emanation to be worth a damn. Otherwise, use Dematerialize/Blaze of Glory combo and life-cycle some HP back into it (since they're all a 10min timer unmerited, they fit nicely used in succession).

Lasting Emanation just seems like something I'd slap onto a regen/refresh luopan for whenever the frig I use them.

For 1hr, Bolster stacks with Ecliptic? Probably will never end up using 1hr without dematerialize up to protect the luopan also.

As for merits, I went 5/5 Blaze/Dematerialize for Cat1, 5/5 MP JA, 4/5 HP JA, 1/5 LifeCycle-HP for Cat2
    Figured having the HP return on life cycle even at 1/5 is better than none, particularly if the HP JA recast isn't up. Will need to see how much I get back though, and the MP efficiency of it vs. throwing myself a Cure3/4.
    since the enfeeb update for geo i am the puller now as geo-rdm with indi-focus in delve. i use lasting em eva down when i pulled 1NM and go hunt the other one. if its not aoe heavy it givesmeplenty of time to get other nms while mainting a debuff up

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    Just saw a post in the Bugs section of the official forums that Lifestream cape is only givin5 skill instead of 10 it says.
    It says Geomancer Magic Skill +5 in Japanese.