+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 156 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Colonization Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    I've gotten close to 1600xp from one tally so I wouldn't consider those the caps; I've gotten something like ~620 bayld too. And like solracht said, there's definitely a multiplier based on # of people hitting the blockage/lair--so I suppose the multiplier might be like 1.2x etc. rather than 2x
    I was managing 1700+ exp and over 1000+ bayld a tally last night. Eyeball average has been around 8-900 per tally with a lot of people. Basically 20~ people camping the first one in ceisak

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

o thanks for the Foret part of the Leafkin Quest. i was wondering as well cos i scoured the whole zone for something to check.. instead i managed to kinda chart it out

Once you have the Watercraft you can access pretty much almost the entire zone and not bother about the broadleaf palms, except for the area furthest left, for which you have to colonize from C5. Castoff Points i listed in red, with lower number being downstream and higher number being up.

There's 4 Ergon Loci in the zone which are all easy to get to altho 1 is in a hidden beach.. and also a ??? to an islet in the SW, which i assume leads to Sharkman's lair.

Also noticed a conspicuous looking boulder in 1 corner of the map, which will probably open to a tunnel for another zone in the future.. and a device i posted a pic of.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Should note that mage evaluation is still terrible. It looks like healing basically gives EXP/bayld on a 1:1 scale with dealing damage. Considering the trees don't fight back and the enemies are not especially difficult, I have no idea how this is supposed to put mages on balance with DD. But yeah, if you're going out to these as a mage, you're basically sacrificing your own evaluation for the sake of others'. It's really stupid. Also, just as a test, I was spamming AoE enhancing spells on SCH and I got a whopping 154 exp/bayld from the next evaluation.

At any rate, the colonization ones don't really need a healer anyway with the Reive Unity stuff. So yeah, don't go out to these as a mage. If you have to go as a mage, gear up DD WHM or something.

Is anyone working in an updated map pack for the new zones?

Requiescat in pace.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    Should note that mage evaluation is still terrible. It looks like healing basically gives EXP/bayld on a 1:1 scale with dealing damage. Considering the trees don't fight back and the enemies are not especially difficult, I have no idea how this is supposed to put mages on balance with DD. But yeah, if you're going out to these as a mage, you're basically sacrificing your own evaluation for the sake of others'. It's really stupid. Also, just as a test, I was spamming AoE enhancing spells on SCH and I got a whopping 154 exp/bayld from the next evaluation.

At any rate, the colonization ones don't really need a healer anyway with the Reive Unity stuff. So yeah, don't go out to these as a mage. If you have to go as a mage, gear up DD WHM or something.

I got ~24k bayld on WAR where as my WHM mule only got ~8k and 1800 of that was Clear The Way!

so yeah DD onry for now

Aramaic

No problem I was going crazy trying to clear that Leafkin part. And thank you for secret beach i missed for Unsullied Land Quest. Also if anyone finds where to fish Mussels please say cause I have tried every bait everywhere and haven't foudn it yet for a quest I need to finish.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Bahamut seems to be stuck @ 10-11% in ceizak. No bivouacs, which might be the issue?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    EDIT: Things I want to find out:

1. Damage the root should be taking for bayld increases (so I can stop using terms such as "2 pets")
    2. Are there personal caps for damage contributions?
    3. Do you get tallies after damage stops on the roots/lairs? (hopefully Obsidian can confirm this but Tearshang's post points towards yes)
    4. Healing and bayld
    For the bolded, the Lair Reive I did with Rocl the other night pointed to yes. A PLD would cast 3~4 spells on the hive all in succession (holy, flash, banish?), pull a bunch of bees and we'd get a few ticks of exp/bayld (even though it was garbage). So yes, I believe damaging the target in short bursts (at least on Lair Reives) will give a short, continued tick even though it appears to be garbage without any kind of main damage on the "boss".

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

3 imprimatur Support: Ceizak -> 1200xp/bayld

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by FNH View Post
    Bahamut seems to be stuck @ 10-11% in ceizak. No bivouacs, which might be the issue?
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that's probably what's causing it to slow and/or drop. As we're pushing outward from Adoulin and clearing the areas, the Colonization percentage goes up, but without building up and maintaining the area with bivouacs, progress is stalled.

As for the bivouacs (or lack thereof), whether they're bugged or people simply aren't doing enough courier assignments is anyone's guess, knowing SE.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

It would be nice if SE came out and said what caused the bivouacs to form...but thats not SE like.

Old Merits
    BG Level

In regards to how much bayld you get:

The maximum xp/bayld you can recieve each tally is based on how much damage has been done to the target (roots/crags/nest/boulder/etc) and having more DDs do more damage to it will result in more xp/bayld.

Players not hitting the target may also reach the cap for each tally by either damaging the other mobs present in the reive, tanking them (ochain pld not engaged to anything would get same bayld as me hitting the target), or by curing/nuking/enhancing (however this is still broken since you get far less for doing this)

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

is there a wiki page for colinization stuff? and is it possible to edit bg wiki without a account? I tried to add the map with loggin points to the wiki but couldnt find a edit button or anything

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

There is a series of pages being formed every day.

If you don't want to create an account you can send me the image using your BG bucket account and I will upload with credit.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    this is the map with some(all?) logging points, i dont have a wiki account

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that's probably what's causing it to slow and/or drop. As we're pushing outward from Adoulin and clearing the areas, the Colonization percentage goes up, but without building up and maintaining the area with bivouacs, progress is stalled.

As for the bivouacs (or lack thereof), whether they're bugged or people simply aren't doing enough courier assignments is anyone's guess, knowing SE.
    its possible to test it out by having a bunch of people only do Courier assignments and ONLY turn it in to an obscure bivouac like say Yahse #2. if that one springs up first, then u know its got a direct effect. unfortunately i'd assume you'd probably need like a whole bunch of people doing it..

could do a test with everyone doing 3 imprimaturs on 1 bivouac, and singles on a different equally obscure one

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Heslon View Post
    this is the map with some(all?) logging points, i dont have a wiki account
    Someone might want to clean up my map and make it prettier...Despite microsofts best efforts, paint is not photoshop lol

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Someone might want to clean up my map and make it prettier...Despite microsofts best efforts, paint is not photoshop lol
    Yah, I'm hoping Spira is inspired to greatness again.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

One of the bivouacs placeholders in Ceizak told me that there was enough supplies already, but they need someone to build them now, or something along those lines.
    So i guess capping supplies opens up another assignment at one of the coalitions, which ultimately leads to bivouacs finally appearing.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Has anyone gotten a rank up yet in a coalition? Has anyone proceeded to the next mission after Scaredy Cats?