BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 156 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 145 ... LastLast

Thread: Colonization Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

^ Seconded on that question.

Also.

Does anybody else have really bad lag during colonization reives in windowed mode? My FPS is down in the single digits. Beseiged was never even this bad for me. FYI, all effects of other people are turned off, no shadows, weather effects off.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shining Armour
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    ^ Seconded on that question.

Also.

Does anybody else have really bad lag during colonization reives in windowed mode? My FPS is down in the single digits. Beseiged was never even this bad for me. FYI, all effects of other people are turned off, no shadows, weather effects off.
    it seems to have a cap of 15 fps when more people arrive, much like fishing, and bandwidth is where most lag comes from (I am in Canada, on a good machine, and people closer to server on old consoles say they lag less)

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Bandwidth shouldn't be a problem. I have a 50mb connection. (Not Comcast)

Send and Receive looks about like this btw: S 400 R 2,500 +

It's just annoying. Certain reives are almost unplayable.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I have the same problem. Except there seems to be another issue too. The longer I stay in a zone/more I reive, the worse the FPS gets. If I zone and come back, it jumps back up.

Like if I do the Morimar loop, I'll start out at ~15 FPS before dropping down to 6-8 FPS by the 7th Reive. If I zone out and back it goes back up to 15 FPS. If I stay in the zone, it stays at 6-8 FPS before dropping more down to like 4-5 FPS.

It's like there's some sort of overflow problem

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I didn't have the discount when the update hit, but I just got it. I've been pretty OCD about counting my imp usage so I know exactly how many I used:

Quests Completed: 36/42
    Missions: All
    Different completed assignments: 6
    Ranks: Scout Contributor(4), Pioneer Probationer(2), rest Petitioner(1)
    Imps spent: Did not get discount with 126, got discount with 129

Complete speculation: (2*quests + imps) > 200 for discount?

I was at 2*36 + 126 = 198 and did not get discount, spent 3 imps, got discount.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh yeah staying in a zone for awhile has had slight effects for awhile. Noticeable to people who fish in the same area for days

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Modoru D'kkoru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Um... what.

[09:06:44] The area's colonization rate has increased to 76%.
    [09:08:31] The area's colonization rate has decreased to 74%.

How the fuck did we lose 2% in 2 minutes? wtfwtfwtfwtfwtf.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I am way way behind on quests and just been doing pioneer and peacekeeper both was disciple and cost was 100k hit contributor in pioneer and cost was reduced to 95k. I also killed a Naakual. So it does seem more imps completed can push one over the top also did the missions of course.

Campaign
    BG Level

What are those zone-wide plasm messages? I've seen them myself on my server but I don't understand how it works.
    I thought plasm was the currency you get when you defeat Delve mobs and NMs inside Delve? And I thought Delve took place in an instaced space/zone?

What is the utility of having those messages zonewide and why do they even happen?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    What are those zone-wide plasm messages? I've seen them myself on my server but I don't understand how it works.
    I thought plasm was the currency you get when you defeat Delve mobs and NMs inside Delve? And I thought Delve took place in an instaced space/zone?

What is the utility of having those messages zonewide and why do they even happen?
    Are you referring to the "X obtains 100 corpuscles of mweya plasm" or whatever? Regular enemies can drop colored yggrete shards (I-V) that you can use to acquire a small amount of plasm. You do get more plasm from Delve, but this is like a solo method or something. I think they can also drop from reives.

Though you still need to at least beat the NMs for the KIs to get the gear to show up to purchase, as I understand it. Not sure why others can see them, though.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Yeah they drop like crazy from revives in the areas where the nms are that's for sure. Peeps are using them like the new crack lol...

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Ibisariot View Post
    Are you referring to the "X obtains 100 corpuscles of mweya plasm" or whatever? Regular enemies can drop colored yggrete shards (I-V) that you can use to acquire a small amount of plasm. You do get more plasm from Delve, but this is like a solo method or something. I think they can also drop from reives.

Though you still need to at least beat the NMs for the KIs to get the gear to show up to purchase, as I understand it. Not sure why others can see them, though.
    Probably same reason that using exp scrolls shows everyone how much exp you got from it, so everyone can see you got something from it.

Campaign
    BG Level

Ooooh, I thought those shards were items to access Delve, à la Skirmish. Instead they're just EXP scrolls for Plasm it seems.
    Me and a friend did around ~25 Colonization Reives yesterday, I got zero shards so I thought they were rare, but then again he got 3. So probably it wasn't him being uberly lucky (he usually is!) but rather me being unlucky.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Ooooh, I thought those shards were items to access Delve, à la Skirmish. Instead they're just EXP scrolls for Plasm it seems.
    Me and a friend did around ~25 Colonization Reives yesterday, I got zero shards so I thought they were rare, but then again he got 3. So probably it wasn't him being uberly lucky (he usually is!) but rather me being unlucky.
    kind of both Yggrete Shards can be used to spawn Notorious Monsters in the field area outside the Fracture. Shards are relatively common and can be obtained by defeating normal monsters or completing Colonization and Lair Reives in the corresponding field area.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Are other servers losing all their bivouacs? On Valefor, Ceizak is 1/3, Yahse is 2/3 (has been for awhile), Morimar has been losing bivs steadily and is now down to 1/5. And Hennetiel is at 4/4 for some reason.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    Are other servers losing all their bivouacs? On Valefor, Ceizak is 1/3, Yahse is 2/3 (has been for awhile), Morimar has been losing bivs steadily and is now down to 1/5. And Hennetiel is at 4/4 for some reason.
    I'd guess people aren't spamming reives/supply missions as much and are doing delve more

Campaign
    BG Level

Well, as someone has said in another forum, why should you farm bayld once you're done with Wildkeepers Reives, KIs and Peackeeper coalition gear?
    I dunno, I still have a fuckton of stuff to buy but for someone who already did everything there isn't much motivation to be farming Bayld, especially when you could be doing Delve.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, as someone has said in another forum, why should you farm bayld once you're done with Wildkeepers Reives, KIs and Peackeeper coalition gear?
    I dunno, I still have a fuckton of stuff to buy but for someone who already did everything there isn't much motivation to be farming Bayld, especially when you could be doing Delve.
    Speaking of which is there anything worth getting with baldy on mules that don't do much. Like 1 is whm only and another is blm proc only well and fishing? Anything that can be traded?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I guess I just don't understand how it works, but, how come my server has Col. Rate of 81% in Morimar, but all but 2 bivoaucs are destroyed (we had them all at one point)?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

People need to be doing the Couriers Assignments out there. Doing it the first time to unlock the Biv waypoint is a novelty. So maybe less people do it. Also as people attain rank 4 Couriers they're going to start ranking up in other Coalitions instead, that might be why. Same situation on my server even Ceizak is losing Bivs