Page 1 of 156 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Colonization Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Colonization Thread

Hello Fellow Gamers,

I've been lurking around the forums for a bit now trying to figure out the new Colonization system from SoA. Here's a thread to unite all theories about it since I have not found one.

!!READ ME!! Summary Information !!READ ME!!

Colonization % on the zone appears to go up after doing Colonization Reives.
    Colonization Reives respawn roughly every hour.
    Complete Scaredy-Cats quest for Reive Unity KI which helps for reives, gives random buffs when a Reive Mob is defeated.
    There are currently 5 survival skills in game that appear crucial around Adoulin, Logging, Watercrafting, Demolishing, toxin resiliences and paralesis resiliences. Watercrafting is used in Foret and probably along the beach areas. Demolishing is logging but for rocks, and the other 2 are to prevent environment damage from Numbing Blossoms and Pungent Fungi. All of them are obtained from quests.. so i would recommend to clear at least the first 3 if you want to explore more.
    For Logging, talk to Elmric at the Ceizak Frontier Station, attack a Knotted Root, and then go talk to Elmric at the Ceizak Frontier Station again.
    For Watercrafting there is a quest in Foret and requires 3 Dhalmel Leather, Twitherym Scale and Umbril Ooze.
    For Demolition there is a quest in Morimar and requires a Marble Nugget.
    Can carry a max 15 tags according to npc chat. One tag recharged every 6 hours. Talk with a Task Delegator to begin charging them.
    In order to get experience and bayld while participating on Colonization Reives, you MUST hit the knotted root.

Six Coalitions in Adoulin (Talk with Task Delegators):

Peacekeepers' Coalition

Scouts' Coalition

Inventors' Coalition
    Gather Materials: Does not matter how you get them, you can farm or AH.
    Rala Waterways - Find and trade the Task Delegator 3 Spools of Bloodthread.
    Ceizak Battelgrounds - Find and trade the Task Delegator 5 Chapuli Wings.
    Yahse Hunting Grounds - Find and trade the Task Delegator 5 Twitherym Wings.

Couriers' Coalition
    Base provisions: Not available (On my server).
    Supply Delivery: Not available (On my server).
    Frontline Support (Ceizak Battlegrounds): Deliver Key Item to a Frontier Bivouac in either Ceizak Battleground or Yhase Hunting Grounds. (They are found after a Knotted Tree, once you defeat it walk down the path a bit and you should see one)

Pioneers' Coalition
    Clear the Way - The only one i've done, destroy a Colonization Reive and you win. I got 1800 exp/bayld for 3 tags.

Mummers' Coalition
    Recovering Lost Articles (Ceizak Battlegrounds): Find a lost article.
    Behavioral Research (Rala Waterways): Become the victim from a special attack from a slug.
    Morale Boosting: Not available (On my server).

Ionis Buff (Signet-like buff for Adoulin. Vote for one of these perks after completing a task, so choose wisely.)

Mummers' Guild:

Coalition Flag
    Minor Combat Skill Gain Rate/ Minor Magic Skill Gain Rate
    NPC's for Boom or Bust (Game) will increase

Signboard
    Minor Experience Point Bonus
    NPC's for On the Dot (Game) will increase

Emblem
    Minor Reward Obtainment Rate Increase
    NPC's for Cascade (Game) will expand

Inventors' Coalition

Coalition Flag
    Minor Crystal Obtainment Rate Increase
    NPC's for Synthesis Support Provisions will increase

Signboard
    Minor Material Loss Rate Reduction
    NPC's for Arcane Glyptics Price Reduction will increase

Emblem
    Minor Synthesis Skill Gain Increase
    NPC's for Arcane Glyptics Materials will expand

Couriers' Coalition

Coalition Flag
    Minor Accuracy and Magic Accuracy Enhancement
    NPC's for Temporary Warp Runes will increase

Signboard
    Minor Evasion and Magic Evasion Enhancement
    NPC's for Town Movement Speed Enhancement will increase

Emblem
    Minor Critical Hit Rate Increase
    NPC's for Delivery Staff Increase will expand

Peacekeepers' Coalition

Coalition Flag
    Minor Defense Enhancement
    NPC's for Traditional Weaponry will increase

Signboard
    Minor Magic Defense Bonus
    NPC's for Traditional Armor II will increase

Emblem
    Minor HP and MP Recovery Enhancement
    NPC's for Frontline Provisions will expand

Scouts' Coalition

Coalition Flag
    Minor Save TP Effect
    NPC's for Map Marking will increase

Signboard
    Minor Conserve MP Effect
    NPC's for Colonization Intelligence will increase

Emblem
    Minor Fast Cast Effect
    NPC's for Ergon Locus Intelligence will expand

Pioneers' Guild

Coalition Flag
    Minor Attack enhancement
    Staff incharge of Gathering Goods II will increase

Signboard
    Minor MAB bonus
    Staff incharge of Gathering Equipment will increase

Emblem
    Minor Gathering Fatigue Reduction
    Staff incharge of Gathering Technique Knowledge will increase

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Colonization % on the zone appears to go up after doing Colonization Reives. I don't know if Lair Reives affect Colonization, but I'm erring on the side of nope. Colonization Reives respawn roughly every hour or so, and in Ceizak/Yashe they are laid out where you can make a retarded loop of Reives including Lairs.

You need certain key items to damage roots (Logging) and rocks (I forget); the latter is obtained by completing a quest in Morimar Basalt Fields. No idea how to complete it yet though. The former you need to talk to Elmric, attack a Knotted Root or something, and then go talk to Elmric at the Ceizak Frontier Station again. He's an asshole and makes you lock yourself out of Reive for 10min.

During Reives, if the objective is being worked on (i.e.; the root or nest is taking damage), everyone should be receiving XP/Bayld based on actions done. There reward is time-based, as in, every so often (1-3min? idfk, i should've timed it but i'm lazy) you'll get updated EXP and Bayld. You will lose EXP if you die during a Reive, so you can make up what you lost during the Reive itself and then switch over to Limits etc. Mage actions (healing/nuking/buffing et. al.) give very shitty rewards in terms of XP/Bayld. I recommend you find a Paladin bro with an Ochain or Aegis to round up the trash and hold it while you work on the objective itself. Having someone sleep the trash is helpful too. You will get points for dealing damage to either the objective target or the monsters, so in theory you could just hold out forever, but that's annoying and there's a legitimate reason to finish it quickly. Mainly that it can make getting to certain areas quite literally impossible if it remains uncleared. You can receive XP/Bayld by stalling out a Reive, but that has always yielded rather lackluster rewards in my experience.

When a Reive is complete you will receive rewards and a final tally (not as in a combined tally, just one more update). You will only receive item rewards if you have space in your inventory. I have seen up to 2 items come from Reives. They have all been awful shit like mahogany logs. Lair Reives seem to give out less XP/Bayld than Colonization Reives--I don't know if that's by design or we haven't done something to make them more worthwhile or what.

Baseless speculation, I believe doing Lair Reives (which are for the Peacekeeper's Coalition) will open up the Naakauls (Wildskeeper Rieves). I say baseless, but I'm fairly certain one of the NPCs in the PCK alludes to this, but I'm way too tired to doublecheck myself. Also, if you're going to use an imrpitatur thing, use it on PCK and do a Lair Reive, then pick Signboard so we can all get head/body pieces kthx

Imrpamptiaturs, hereafter referred to as "Colonization Assault Tag Thing" or some likewise name, seem to have a cooldown of 6 hours. That means, after you receive your first 3 (the max† you can hold), the timer starts ticking down to your next one. You do not recharge 3 at once, it is ONE every six hours. Don't get this confused. It's silly. I have only done Colonization Assault Tag Things for the Pioneer and Peacekeeper Coalitions which make you do Colonization and Lair Reives respectively, so I cannot speak for anything else. After turning in an Assault Op Thing, you'll get asked what you want to upgrade. Do everyone a favour and talk to the Civil Registrar before turning in so you know which option does what. Getting a flag for the Coalition may add a MDB bonus to Ionis, and getting a signboard for the other might expand their services to sell Traditional Armor Head/Bodies. It seems to me, with my whole four tag op things spent, that doing them one at a time seems to give you more xp/bayld overall HOWEVER, I did do two different assault op things for two different coalitions (I used 3 for Pioneer and 1 for Peacekeeper), so this isn't necessarily set in stone and is probably likely to change.

† This may or may not be true. I am very tired currently and I remember reading that somewhere. However I may have been retarded at the time

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Respawn for a destroyed Colonization Reive seems to be 1 hour. So if you are farming for Bayld try not to destroy the root. Destroying a root completes the Colonization Reive.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Watercrafting comes from a quest in Foret and requires 3 Dhalmel Leather, Twitherym Scale and Umbril Ooze.

Demolition is acquired from a quest in Morimar and requires a Marble Nugget

i think Frontier Bivouacs are established by doing more Courier Assignments to support frontier bivouacs.
    Bahamut still hasn't gotten any set up yet cos i think no one does them

Quote Originally Posted by Proud View Post
    Respawn for a destroyed Colonization Reive seems to be 1 hour. So if you are farming for Bayld try not to destroy the root. Destroying a root completes the Colonization Reive.
    Not sure how big of a deal it is. There seem to be several Reive locations in each zone, so even if the root is destroyed you can still move on to another location.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    Imrpamptiaturs, hereafter referred to as "Colonization Assault Tag Thing" or some likewise name, seem to have a cooldown of 6 hours. That means, after you receive your first 3 (the max† you can hold), the timer starts ticking down to your next one. You do not recharge 3 at once, it is ONE every six hours. [/SIZE]
    3 ID tags?

i thought we can hold up to 15? 1 rock every 6 hrs, starts with 3, max 15 according to npc chat

edit: just checked im up to 5 now, definatrely can hold 15 and i forgot to talk to delegator on 1 of my mule so hes at 3 now ; ; ;

remember to talk to delegator guys to start charging the rocks,,,,

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I will update the first thread as I get more info.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Tags seem to be better if done individually. I get 750/tag doing Peacekeeper's stuff and only got 13xx something last night doing two.

Granted this is from a reward standpoint. I don't know if maybe doing all three at once boosts the flag/signboard/emblem faster (baseless speculuation)?

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

i did a Courier supplies quest without using waypoint using 2 tags and got like 950 in total.

maybe it saves time in casting votes? or casts a stronger one?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

That would be my guess, but I have no evidence of it (obviously). Otherwise there would be no reason not to just spam individual ones.

Requiescat in pace.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    That would be my guess, but I have no evidence of it (obviously). Otherwise there would be no reason not to just spam individual ones.
    Lack of play time would be a reason.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Not sure if this goes here, but I checked out the Civil Registrar's at the Coalitions. I saw something interesting under "Current Expansion Plans". Seems the coalitions can do some interesting things to Ionis.

Pioneers' Coalition:

Coalition Flag - Minor Attack Bonus
    Signboard - Minor Magic Attack Bonus
    Emblem - Minor Gathering Fatigue Reduction

Mummers' Guild:

Coalition Flag - Minor Combat Skill Gain Rate/ Minor Magic Skill Gain Rate
    Signboard - Minor Experience Point Bonus
    Emblem - Minor Reward Obtainment Rate Increase

Inventors' Coalition

Coalition Flag - Minor Crystal Obtainment Rate Increase
    Signboard - Minor Material Loss Rate Reduction
    Emblem - Minor Synthesis Skill Gain Increase

Couriers' Coalition

Coalition Flag - Minor Accuracy and Magic Accuracy Enhancement
    Signboard - Minor Evasion and Magic Evasion Enhancement
    Emblem - Minor Critical Hit Rate Increase

Peacekeepers' Coalition:

Coalition Flag - Minor Defense Enhancement
    Signboard - Minor Magic Defense Bonus
    Emblem - Minor HP and MP Recovery Enhancement

Scouts' Coalition

Coalition Flag - Minor Save TP Effect
    Signboard - Minor Conserve MP Effect
    Emblem - Minor Fast Cast Effect

Some of these seem like some decent effects for a signet based buff. Hopefully it's it's not too hard for servers to get these items for the guilds.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Lair Reive: (E-7) Ceizak Battlegrounds- Wasp Nest with Waggling Wasp and Floorplain Spiders guarding.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

C. Reive-(G-9) Yahse Hunting Grounds - Knotted Root with Quivering Twitherym guarding.
    L. Reive- (G-8) Yahse Hunting Grounds - Wasp Nest with Quivering Twitherym and Cerise Wasp guarding.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm speculating on a 1 hour repop on Reive's.

Anyone's thoughts?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Are the Ionis upgrades permanent?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

L. Reive-(I-6) Yahse Hunting Grounds - Wasp Nest with Thrashing Mantis and Cerise Wasp guarding.
    L. Reive- (F-7) Yahse Hunting Grounds - Wasp Nest with Shrubshredder Chapuli and Cerise Wasp guarding.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    I'm speculating on a 1 hour repop on Reive's.

Anyone's thoughts?
    Pretty sure another thread had someone confirm that. It is definitely one hour. Really annoying when you are helping a couple of people catch up and you have to fight through a couple of them to get to where you are going.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Spira mentioned this in "Seekers of Adoulin and 3/27/2013 Update .DAT Mining Discussion" thread:

based on dat mining observations..

there are currently 5 survival skills in game that appear crucial to movement around Adoulin.
    logging, watercrafting, demolishing, toxin resiliences and paresis resiliences.

the first one most people know. watercrafting is used in Foret and probably along the beach areas. demolishing is logging but for rocks, and the other 2 are to prevent environment damage from Numbing Blossoms and Pungent Fungi. all are obtained from quests.. so i'd recommend to clear at least the first 3 if you want to explore more.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Figuring out why sometimes you get exp/baylids and sometimes you don't would be good too.

Seems worse if you are fighting a Reive you have already beaten and gotten credit for today.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Did "behavioral research" from the mummers coalition, was sent to become the victim of a special attack by a slug in the waterways. Defeated a couple, got hit by TP moves, but still won't finish. Must be something more too it, if anyone has completed it.