BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    no no the biggest reason why Legion failed was: Abyssea deconstruct large Linkshells and made lowmaning prominent, Voidwatch came along as an 18 man ally thingy but it was PUG friendly do to procs makeing it accessable to everyone + avoiding loot drama by personal chests. Legion "failed", because you needed 18 people that dont suck and know wtf they are doing, which basicly wasnt anymore the case for most Linkshells after abyssea.
    Yeah, that's another prominent reason. But if you look at all recent events people are kinda reluctant to jump into any event almost. But even big shells that still housed events for many players didn't do Legion at that time. At least on Cerberus. There are still not many Legion shells.

Another big reason why large scale events don't work is gather time. The optimal solution would be for everyone to know what job they should be and stand there on time. But good luck with that. You gather, it takes 15 minutes before everyone is there, maybe you have to shout for extras, make everyone change jobs, they have to get their gear sets. At best you start 40 minutes into the event. I usually play up until the event. Get into the job I usually am and get there in time. Then I go to the kitchen and whip up some food. Because I got the time to do it. =P

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    So being able to use one of the new weapons but still get access to all the WS (powered up!) of the R/E/M weapons and their respective powers, allowing you to choose what and when you want to use, wouldn't be overpowered at all, inorite?

I mean, if they are doing these changes and going this direction there HAS to be a purpose, a goal they're trying to achieve. I refuse to believe they're doing this just to troll R/E/M users or to motivate people doing new content because they had plenty of other efficient ways to achieve that.
    There HAS to be a purpose to all of this.

I suppose (but I could be wrong) the purpose in all of this is to fight the annoying attitude the game of course instilled in players as of late, where everybody using a DD was required to have a mandatory R/E/M to even be just considered (not invited, considered!) for PUG events, some of which became ridiculously easy and shouldn't really require people to get this picky.
    If THIS is what they want to do, i.e. make so only some outstanding people have access to those weapons and everybody else still gets access to some worse but still very good weapons, then how would your solution do any good for this purpose? It would only widen the gap even more, imho, instead of closing it.

We have to see what they have in mind for R/E/M 99 only, altough the fact that Matsui said they won't bump up their base damage really leaves me confused and I can't imagine what they'll be going to do.
    I am sorry but whats so wrong with rewarding people that put effort into the game and their weapons? That logic is flawed from your side, you are basicly punishing people that put in effort and are giving poeple a free way that put in no effort at all. The gap doesnt have to be closed at all, you can close the gap if the other people put in the same effort. Giving R/E/M 99 users a benefit from their effort by transfering beneficial effects/WSs from their weapons into a KI that works then on every weapon of the same category is the LEAST thing you can do. And we are talking here only about 99 weapons, there are more 85 90 95 relics and empy around then 99, so it really gives only those people something that completed the trial. If you want the same for your char: go do the fucking trial is all I can say. They are there for a reason to do and EVERYBODY can do them if they put time and effort into it.

replace you with people. I meant people in general

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Dunno if you're talking on a general base, but if we're getting specifically into SoA I don't think anybody complained about the new armor sets, the new likely drops we'll see in the future and about the events themselves, which actually look really fun.
    Yeah, so far it's been much better than when events have been introduced the last year, it was a pain to read the NNI and Legion threads because there was no findings or actual content being explored until 30 PAGES in. This thread is nice.

One thing you're taking out of the picture, and it's a very important aspect, is how in the majority of games you are talking about progression is linear.
    I thought it was kinda obvious. I could have gone more into detail on some different MMOs and why FFXI is what it is. But I think everyone here get the picture already.

I'm glad FFXI have the diversity of content, but I still hate it when people don't even wanna try new stuff when you clearly have the manpower for it based on the mentality I described.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

With that being said. How about we move the discussion about the weapons to another thread? Or maybe it isn't worth it when the event seems to be kinda easy anyway...?

I made a glyptic augment thread some days ago. I would love contributions to it so we can work out how the system works:
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/115446

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Stan64 View Post
    Yeah, so far it's been much better than when events have been introduced the last year, it was a pain to read the NNI and Legion threads because there was no findings or actual content being explored until 30 PAGES in. This thread is nice.

I thought it was kinda obvious. I could have gone more into detail on some different MMOs and why FFXI is what it is. But I think everyone here get the picture already.

I'm glad FFXI have the diversity of content, but I still hate it when people don't even wanna try new stuff when you clearly have the manpower for it based on the mentality I described.
    no people try, we tried now to farm skirmish pieces 3-4 times since the expansion release as an LS and got only 1 part. Mind you we were allways 24 people+ on reives.... We would love to do new content, but when you dont get the pops to enter the new content you kind of get boned.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, I dunno why are talking about 'people not wanting to do the event' all the time Stan64, since the issue here is the problem with accessibility atm. It's just that people CAN'T do it yet. Not very often at least.

(also yeah, that new topic doesn't belong in crafting section)

Campaign
    BG Level

I am sorry but whats so wrong with rewarding people that put effort into the game and their weapons?
    I didn't say it's wrong. I said it's unrealistical and incoherent with what we are seeing happening.
    If they wanted to "reward people that put effort into the game and their weapons" why would they release weapons this strong in the first place? Without giving people a clear idea of their plans about R/E/M weapons?
    It seems to me they want to reward only a minority of R/E/M owners, i.e. those who have the weapon at level 99, and want to do it in another way, i.e. giving them cool enhancements/augments to their lv99 weapons.

Really, I'm sure they have a "big plan" for these things and that everything is already set in motion. No clue what it's gonna be altough of course my theory still makes a lot of sense to me atm.

you are basicly punishing people
    I don't see any punishment.
    There would be a punishment if R/E/M were to stay like this, but we already know that they're not and I hope they will play their cards well and make the future "expansion" of lv 99 R/E/M worth it.
    If they succeed in that there will be no punishment whatsoever for anybody aside bandwagon players who have lv90Empy/lv95 Relic and we don't really care about them. They'll get access to better weapons quite easily judging from these first days of Skirmish anyway.

I mean, if they consider it has been an "error" to have let people bandwagon so many Relics/Empys (to 95/90 of course) then this might be the good way to "fix" that error, while making so R/E/M regain their "rare" and cool status, only for lv99 players of course, while all the other owners will just have to either man up and bring their weapons to 99 or jump on the boat of the new items.
    I'm just saying that I don't believe transfering Aftermaths, WS bonus and WS themselves is the right way to go. I think they should just make the R/E/M weapons themselves better, and not allow you to get their unique bonuses on a fourth kind of weapon.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

no people try, we tried now to farm skirmish pieces 3-4 times since the expansion release as an LS and got only 1 part.
    I'm clearly not talking about everyone. Don't take it personal please. And I'm mainly talking about events up to now. The new expansion have eased the curiosity of many players. =D

What is the best way to farm simulcrum?
    I dunno if this is better than any other way but you probably should count amount of opportunities per hour.

Let's say we take a group of 18 ppl to Foret de Hennetiel. There are six watercraft colonization reives. And you can move between the islands without taking them down. Kinda good. Everytime you do one col reive with the alliance you get 18 drop chances. Kill some enemies in between, lot's of chigoes and you get one chance every soul pyre. Bring a couple of people with a lot of soul spectacles. Also have 2-3 people in HELM gear with trailblazing and let them pick up all gathering points. And all 18 people should have lair reive and col reive assignments active.

If you manage to take down all Colonization Reives in an hour, do the lair reives, check gathering, soul pyres and then turn in the quests you have had around 200 drop chances for simulcrum items.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

chigoe doesnt drop pyre if u crit/abi/ws them afaik

i have been dedicating 3 straight days farming parts, besides sleeping my 7-8 hrs, im playing ffxi for these 3 days. i have been mindlessly kill mobs in cirdas, mining in sih gates, doing my assignments 1 tag a time now

and after 3 days, im still at 0 parts

when my friend is online, we did the cycle of colonization/lair reives in foret, sleepga and kill lair/trees, still nothing

the only bright side is i have earned about 8mil gil so far

am i happy? fuck no!!! drop rate is depressing for body parts

luck is shitty as usual for me, or you guys know something we dont

also i have 300 soul specs on me and guess what, i havent used any cos theres nothing to use on

after ranting, guess what, im actually still farming lol FUCK ME!!!

Old Merits
    BG Level

I'm clearly not talking about everyone. Don't take it personal please. And I'm mainly talking about events up to now. The new expansion have eased the curiosity of many players. =D

I dunno if this is better than any other way but you probably should count amount of opportunities per hour.

Let's say we take a group of 18 ppl to Foret de Hennetiel. There are six watercraft colonization reives. And you can move between the islands without taking them down. Kinda good. Everytime you do one col reive with the alliance you get 18 drop chances. Kill some enemies in between, lot's of chigoes and you get one chance every soul pyre. Bring a couple of people with a lot of soul spectacles. Also have 2-3 people in HELM gear with trailblazing and let them pick up all gathering points. And all 18 people should have lair reive and col reive assignments active.

If you manage to take down all Colonization Reives in an hour, do the lair reives, check gathering, soul pyres and then turn in the quests you have had around 200 drop chances for simulcrum items.
    Lets completely ignore the fact that isn't remotely realistic:

For what you are suggesting to have any point you would need 18 chars working towards a common goal (a single ls in most cases) for ~6 man content. Sure you can rotate people in and out and its likely at least some of those 18 people would be mules but its not exactly in keeping with the current state of the game.

Just seems like they've taken a voidwatch esque approach, the only difference being they've moved the extremely low drop randomness part to gaining entry.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Fake View Post
    Lets completely ignore the fact that isn't remotely realistic.
    This approach is kinda militant and if you have the manpower why not? We had 18 players working towards getting demolition for one of our members the third day of the expansion. As we got one on the first day already and wanted at least two to get to the rex faster. It's not a realistic setup for regular players no. It's an extreme setup for the best opportunity yield. You are exactly right.

I think they really want randoms with the parts to get together and do one or two runs together. Three people with each part and another set of three. That makes six people and two runs. That also explains the difficulty of the actual event.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

all abt pros and cons, since abyssea most of us only solo or play with 2-3 people max

18 man farm parts faster but u also take more time to dtstribute the loot evenly i guess

each to his own

wat we are targetting is the rate of completing a set soloing/duoing for a supposedly 3-6 man event

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Honestly, I'm not too concerned about the rarity of the entry items at the moment. I imagine it's deliberate so that we can't just burn through the content and that over time it will become more and more accessible.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

i reapeat again we did 3-4 reive hunt events as an LS to get skirmish items. we were 24+ people (sometimes 30 or more). We usually killed 7-8 reives per 1.5 hour event. Lets just round the numbers down 3 evenings 24 people 6 reives per evening. 6x24= 144 -----> x3 = 432 drops, one of all those drops was a skirimish pop item, only ONE. and thats while I rounded the numbers down. now make the math yourself...

you invested 4.5 hours (more like 6 hours if you acocunt for gathering time) from 24 poeple combined for 1 pop item that isnt even complete!

we are looking at a drop chance of 1/500= 0.002. so 0.2%? that is kind of asstastic if you ask me.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

i assume u get a "box" icon pop as soon as reive ends to tell if there are parts?

Or did you get the parts between intervals? Im confused cos i havent seen any :X

also im still waiting solid proof of reive mob dropping them as well (someone said they do a few pages back)

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Arthars View Post
    i assume u get a "box" icon pop as soon as reive ends to tell if there are parts?

Or did you get the parts between intervals? Im confused cos i havent seen any :X

also im still waiting solid proof of reive mob dropping them as well (someone said they do a few pages back)
    I dont know how it droped, only that a shell member had one in her inventory after a reive. Like when you get rewarded with items from reives. There was no loot or box, it just droped into her inventory like when you harvest/mine/farm for parts.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

ah ic thanks

XXX obtains the PARTS. just like harvesting, roger that thanks now i can ask everyone to look closely +__+

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    I got a piece directly off of a Craklaw in a Foret Colonization Reive. It just appeared in the loot pool after killing it.
    Now now, this is the one and only verification i need before i go waste another day farming parts..... Loot pool?! or harvest message style? >_<

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

6x24= 144 -----> x3 = 432 drops, one of all those drops was a skirimish pop item, only ONE.
    Nice! It's all very low, we did a couple events where we farm Umbrils and what not and gotten three items so far while on farm. We got four total.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I had a lvl 3 head on first aggro kill soul pyre when doing a quest... sadly it was made so I had to approach it from an angle that was inside a hill <.<

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

24-30 people working to get 6 people into a skirmish.... All hail the old school dynamis linkshells lol.