BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
    Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Tachi View Post
    (is it possible to gain puissance to pop them on this floor?)
    It is. We didn't try and zerg him or anything, sort of assumed he'd be a slow kill like Strongholds. The eles were a good ways past him, think it was why we got overrun so badly. By time we got points for allies, he just had too much already.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

It's not really a fast kill either with just melees but definitely doable, I used my avatars to hold/move his adds (I could even use some BPs) then used spirits when too many adds were present. At this state I was basically spamming my spirits and had no time to do anything else but it worked.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

So avatars and pets also automatically get aggro from them like trusts? Even though it's very helpful, it definitely seems like a unintended glitch that they'll probably patch soon.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, no doubt it's a glitch IMO. Hopefully their recent ban streak doesn't make them cross over into calling it an exploit. It certainly makes melee oriented strats possible though without needing to rely on the NPCs. Beyond that, feels like loading up on nukers and having people that know the layout of the zones to get to the Escalents quickly and spam Valiants is the way to go. Someone to haste and/or cure Valiants helps too.

It's worth noting that outside of an emergency or a dedicated melee strat, you can get yourself into trouble pretty quickly if you hold them like that, while still needing to rely on NPCs. It'll get to the point where the pack of enemies will just destroy any and all of your Valiants, at least on higher floors.

Just got pet: double attack +8 off a +1 leaforb.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Balamor kill:
    http://cdn.guildwork.net/albums/imag...583c6ed9fa.jpg

Drops:

Title: Alluvion Assailant

I honestly couldn't tell you anything about the fight. As you can see, I came in when the Valiants had it at 1%.

You can amend the book thing for 800 points to open up new monsters to summon(scorps, coeurls, mandies and adamantoise). It costs 1500 to get level 3, which lets you summon those green wyverns and books(like the VW book NM). Level 3 seems to be the maximum.

A gigantic waste of space
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The books are pretty good. Nice damage nukes, AoE stun.
    Also, I think the Eudaemon item might change which Shijin is spawned.

The sash spawns Kirin (Who can do sleepga/breakga on the mobs which lands, and periodically spawns the other Sky Gods),
    shield spawns Genbu (AoE Water nukes, lots and lots of defense/HP, and "increases the resistances of the Valiant.")

Kirin seemed better than Genbu, but if it's not tied to the Eudaemon item, then if someone can find out the trigger, that'd be great. I'm fairly sure it's set per run, as I only saw Genbu on the same run, Kirin on the same run, etc.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Balamor lasted <30 seconds with just Valiants, it's really a matter of surving/killing all the waves without touching the boss, which sounds extremely hard without the pet glitch or another way to hold mobs.
    Monster correlation play a role in this event, we have someone who stays at the Stronghold (usually me for the glitch + Shock Squall mobs around while targeting the Stronghold and of course Haste Valiants, delivering the final blow etc) and tell what mobs have appeared (ex: if lot of Acuexs, person at book will call Colibris) however on higher floors multiple mobs of a different type will pop at the same time.
    Tome is clearly the most cheated Valiant btw, -ga IV for 50k and Exponential Burst hit everything for 99,999 except Duluhans and Gallus.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tachi View Post
    if lot of Acuexs, person at book will call Colibris
    She meant crabs. ;-D

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Events pretty easy/fun once you get the hang of things. Curious if anyone has noticed anything concerning Lorissa though. She seems to just be worth extra points, I haven't personally noticed coffer upgrades or boss pops from killing her during a run. I thought maybe she acted as the additional NM in Cirdas/Rala where if you kill them, the bonuses/debuffs get negated, but without knowing what each Eudaemon piece does in Yorcia, I can't really say.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Events pretty easy/fun once you get the hang of things. Curious if anyone has noticed anything concerning Lorissa though. She seems to just be worth extra points, I haven't personally noticed coffer upgrades or boss pops from killing her during a run. I thought maybe she acted as the additional NM in Cirdas/Rala where if you kill them, the bonuses/debuffs get negated, but without knowing what each Eudaemon piece does in Yorcia, I can't really say.
    Definitely gives more points but haven't really noticed anything else myself. As far as Eudaemon it's supposed to influence which types you are more likely to get like sash is for orb. But I think it might also increase odds of certain sky gods maybe? The group I was going with today kept using 1 in particular but I forget which one and would get suzy a lot.

Anyways how in the world do I get Lola to accept my wings? I've talked to her a dozen times and completely several runs of almost every combination and still nothing

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

You give these wings to Lorissa (??? right by Yorcia Skirmish device).

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aumaan Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The new wings go to that ??? near the yorcia skirmish enigmatic device... for some reason.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Definitely gives more points but haven't really noticed anything else myself. As far as Eudaemon it's supposed to influence which types you are more likely to get like sash is for orb. But I think it might also increase odds of certain sky gods maybe? The group I was going with today kept using 1 in particular but I forget which one and would get suzy a lot.
    Right, each gives a certain Shijin. Sash is Kirin, Shield Genbu, Sword Byakko, Ring Suzaku, and Cape Seiryu. And yeah, each makes a certain type of stone more likely to drop. I was referring to how in Rala/Cirdas, each piece did something specific in the zone. Enemies had +Att, but took extra magic damage, enemies had heightened defenses, but you could wide scan, etc. The bonuses are listed on playonline's Alluvion page:

Spoiler: show

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah no idea if it does anything weird like that... doesn't seem to pop different nms so...

Campaign
    BG Level

Can you kill Lorissa or does she always warp out at 1% HP?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Warps out

Stalking you
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    V' Mod
    FFXIV Server
    Atomos
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

hmmm................

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by vm0d View Post
    can kill lorissa. armor drops will have augs on them.
    How? Every time I've tried to over nuke her she just goes to 1% and it wont let me cast on her again

Stalking you
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    V' Mod
    FFXIV Server
    Atomos
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

---edit----